inTank Media Baskets

Can you feel my pain? <long>

HumblePie

OK so I wasn't thinking quite clearly tonight...

It all started with a 10g water change in my 29g tank. Everything seemed to go as expected, that is until I started saying 'what if...'. After the water change I decided I didn't like the tank in the corner and decided that it would be better seen if it were against my back wall of my office. Soo...I proceeded to slowly and carefully move the tank and all of its inhabitants inch by inch across the floor. Now I can't tell you exactly how much that dang thing weighed but it was a lot With the stand and all the equip, I am sure I pulled some of my back muscles. Anyway, at one point I wasn't able to budge the tank. Problem 2. Instead of looking around, I pulled a little harder. One of the cords was wrapped around a torchier lamp. Down it came on the top of my tank, shattering. Fortunately, a very large portion of the glass landed in my tank and created numerous frags for me... nice... To top it off when the lamp landed on the tank, it fractured the spillway of my Remora Pro and cracked a top brace on my tank. sweet. Just what I was hoping for... After two hours of clean up and gluing my new frags to rubble, I decided to check everything and fill 'er back up. Fortunately, that went good. So I checked the wires, re-checked the inhabitants and turned everything on. It seemed to go well. I was half-way out the door when I heard a rush of water. The connector to my Remora Pro from my Mag 3 had come loose and was spraying the water straight up the back of the tank into the hood. Frantically, I hit the GFI outlet power and shut everything down. In that short time it managed to pump out about 3-4g, created 3 new frags, and made a very sizeable mess.

I have just finished cleaning and getting my tank back up and running and was heading to grab a beverage of choice when I looked at my water change bucked and noticed that I forgot to put the Remora Pro pre-filter box back on. I couldn't be happier...

It's not going back on tonight. I hope everyone in the tank can handle the micro-bubbles for one night...

Man I am an idiot...

Originally posted by nano-nemo

that just sucks, id rather be roshambo'ed by cartman

thats a hard choice, ro-sham-bo or major tank accident... i think ill agree with youX)

tam

Archived