inTank Media Baskets

New Tank - What do you guys think?

.:LOLLY:.

I currently have an eight gallon cad lights tank which I have been running since 10/23/2011 and just came across what I think is a killer deal.

The tank in question is a 75 gallon "clear for life uniquarium". It is plexiglass and measures 48"X18"X18".

Has anyone ever had any experience with a "clear for life uniquarium"? The filtration system is built in to the back of the tank similar the the biocubes.

I currently have an eight gallon cad lights tank which I have been running since 10/23/2011 and just came across what I think is a killer deal.

The tank in question is a 75 gallon "clear for life uniquarium". It is plexiglass and measures 48"X18"X18".

Has anyone ever had any experience with a "clear for life uniquarium"? The filtration system is built in to the back of the tank similar the the biocubes.

i have a 55 gallon flatback hex uniquarium http://www.advanceaquatanks.com/uniqflatbackhex.html

and i love it

its like a giant nanocube or biocube and nice to have such a large tank with the filtration still built in the back :)

also with the back being clear, you can remove the bioballs and i am using that space to grow chaeto and usiing it as a large refugium area :) since the back of the tank is clear, its easy to light :) you d0ont have to do that, just a suggestion :)

but yes i have one and love it.

just be careful when scaping and moving rocks and what not as acrylic tank tend to scratch easily. scratches can be repaired but easier to take care to avoid scratching than to have to repair it ;) acrylic is much stronger and lighter than glass though. also has higher clarity and visibility.

i say go for it especially if the price is right :)

Thanks, that exactly what I need to know for the motivational push. First I had found a 29g biocube without the stand and then I came across this for the same price and comes with a stand.

Thanks, that exactly what I need to know for the motivational push. First I had found a 29g biocube without the stand and then I came across this for the same price and comes with a stand.

nice. good deal on a quality acrylic tank :)

does it come with that sweet black acrylic stand.

i actually aquired mine from a family member who no longer wanted to store it. was in good shape and had the acrylic stand and hood and all the equipment and all was like new. it was only used for about a year and then stored the rest of the time. in my family i am the fish/aquarium expert ;) so it was offered to me and of course i was all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake lol

i love this tank. everyone who walks in the house admires it :) as do i every day :D

oh and may i also recomend you invest in a bottle of Novus 2 acrylic scratch remover to have on hand and to go over it and buff out little scratches and blemishes before setup and i use it on mine to polish up the outside like once a month :) dont have to but it seems to give it a real smooth feel and sparkly crystal clarity :)

like a freshly waxed ferrari ;D

there are 3 different bottle of Novus. 1, 2, and 3 (1=acrylic cleaner spray, 2=fine sccratch remover and polish, 3=heavy scratch remover)

i always try and keep the novus 2 on hand.

just a tip

looking forward to pictures of the new tank :)

This tank comes with a wood base that is black and does not have a hood. It is open top with t-5 lighting fixture that mounts similar to the sunpod

A scratch removal kit is also included in the deal. Just not sure on the brand of the kit.

black wood stand is nice too. and comes with t5 lighting and a scratch kit. sounds like you are pretty set ;)

im pretty sure they still sell these new. i got mine used. maybe try calling the number on the site or sending an email. if not i know SeaClear makes the system 2 aquariums that ar almost indentical in design :)http://tropicalfishstore.com/seaclear-system2.htm

but im pretty sure you can still get the clear for life ones :) try contacting them and let us know :)

I've heard that I can pretty much throw away the media balls but what should I put in there?

Could I just somewhat follow the mods on the BC29's?

I emailed them earlier, waiting on a reply now. I hope they're reasonably priced...may purchase one soon. There are some nice footprints. Soon as I know I will post up!

I emailed them earlier, waiting on a reply now. I hope they're reasonably priced...may purchase one soon. There are some nice footprints. Soon as I know I will post up!

nice :)

I've heard that I can pretty much throw away the media balls but what should I put in there?

Could I just somewhat follow the mods on the BC29's?

yup im sure you can follow the same bio cube mods roughly. as i said in a earlier post, i dont have the bio balls, i made it a fuge area, there is a lot of room in the back to grow chaeto or other macro and everytime i look back there i see more pods :) i crop the chaeto from my nanocube and just keep adding to the collection. at the rate my pod population is going i may be able to support a mandarin pretty soon :D

i just have a buch of chaeto and a couple live rocks in the rear and i used a coralife mini aqualight dual t5 stuck to the back of the tank :)

Archived