Pod Your Reef

What's your favorite fish?

BChen7106

BChen7106

Hey all,

I just upgraded my 10g tank to a cadlights 39g pro with the sump underneath. I've already got a pair of false percs in there and I'm looking to give them some tank mates. So what's your favorite fish?

I'm looking for something with a lot of color and personality--considering a six line wrasse. Problem is that I don't have a lid and have a couple of sexy shrimp that I'd worry about. I'm also thinking about a goby/blenny of some sort however I eventually want to put a mandarin in there and worry that both a wrasse and goby would deplete my pod population.

What's your favorite fish?

BChen7106

Is that a tailspot blenny? I was also considering a blenny for their personality. They dont' have much color. Some of the gobies seem to have similar personalities, but more color.

Nick's Reef

that I have in my nano or want in my nano?

What I have is my spotted mandarin, great personality color and peaceful. Mine alos eats frozen.

For fish I'd like to get is either a flame wrasse or lineatus wrasse. Only problem is not good for smaller nanos and jumpers. I've got a 40brd and a screen top so I'd be fine.

masterbuilder
My midas blenny has a great personality.

Another excellent choice.

I like gobies and have a couple, but they dont really have much personality compared to a tailspot or midas. IMHO.

Mark

+1 ^ with rockfish! Hands down the most entertaining fish to watch with a ton of personality. Whenever people come over to visit, it's the bluespot jawfish they watch! Plus mine eats out of my hand!

How can you resist a "mug" like this?

bc29shots055me2.jpg

My Mandarin pair Jack and Sally. Altho as soon as I get my Bluespot jawfish im sure he will be up on the favorites list.

<---------- best nano fish in the whole wide world.

I agree with masterbuilder I like blennys mine is a bi-color blenny.

green mandarin

MD.jpg

however they are picky eaters and need a mature aquarium with lots of pods and arent good for new tanks.

my second favorite is a yellow clown goby

YellowClownGoby.jpg

***not my pics***

lol i was wondering when you were going to show up with those fish!!!!!!!!!!

oceanahollic

flame angel, hes very brilliant red with some bit of orange and yellow with blue and sometimes purple, checkem out

Yellow Coris Wrasse followed by my Flame Angel. Both exhibit lots of movement and colors in the tank. The added bonus of the Coris is that he will stir up your sand bed for you ever so gently at night to keep it clean.

Clownfish! Nothing is more adorable than a baby or juvenile clownfish... they are the puppies and kittens of the sea.

Mandarin gobies are a close second, tho'.

Archived