Cultivated Reef

Twin Spot Goby

bustaphoto

I have a 14 gallon bio-cube with bioballs and filter removed replaced with live rock and mini fugue were the filter used to be. I have had the tank running for 2 months a couple corals and small clean up crew. The only actual animal i have is a light footed sally crab. I was interested in picking up a Twin spot goby, I've heard they have good personality and can do good for my sand bed having no hermits to sift the sand, will it be too much sand sifting in such a small tank. Also do you think the sand debris in the water

twinspotgoby.bmp

061104PW_05_reid_lg.jpg

twinspotgobies.jpg

I would worry a lot less about the sand debris in your tank and more about the twin spot starving. These fish eat constantly. Make sure that when you pick them up from the store you make that it is eating frozen foods from the water column. If at all possible find one that takes prepared foods. Good Luck they are amazing fish.

I have a 14 gallon bio-cube with bioballs and filter removed replaced with live rock and mini fugue were the filter used to be. I have had the tank running for 2 months a couple corals and small clean up crew. The only actual animal i have is a light footed sally crab. I was interested in picking up a Twin spot goby, I've heard they have good personality and can do good for my sand bed having no hermits to sift the sand, will it be too much sand sifting in such a small tank. Also do you think the sand debris in the water

twinspotgoby.bmp

061104PW_05_reid_lg.jpg

twinspotgobies.jpg

lakshwadeep

I would be worried that your sand bed isn't large enough for the twin spot to survive. +1 to bluepanda on getting one that eats prepared food. Sand sifting gobies in nano tanks are like mandarins: they will starve if they will eat only from the sand bed.

I would be worried that your sand bed isn't large enough for the twin spot to survive. +1 to bluepanda on getting one that eats prepared food. Sand sifting gobies in nano tanks are like mandarins: they will starve if they will eat only from the sand bed.

+1 If it isn't eating prepared food then you probably shouldn't purchase it. That is unless, you're willing to take the extra time and risk to ween them onto prepared foods.

IT FEEDS!!!...

Finally after a week of trying all sorts of frozen foods, I had luck with some frozen mysis shrimp from hikari. I was feeding the corals in my tank and he poped out and started sifting sand. Threw him some shrimp and he started sifting them out of the sand B). He ate about half of cube fed with a turkey baster. I'll post a video a soon as I can.

• 3 years later...
IT FEEDS!!!...

Finally after a week of trying all sorts of frozen foods, I had luck with some frozen mysis shrimp from hikari. I was feeding the corals in my tank and he poped out and started sifting sand. Threw him some shrimp and he started sifting them out of the sand B). He ate about half of cube fed with a turkey baster. I'll post a video a soon as I can.

Hi, did you have any luck keeping your twinspot alive? My LFS says that they will only last about 6 months, and don't want to get them any more - just too hard to keep alive. Wondering how yours worked out long term.

What do you feed him now?

== John ==

TeflonTomDosh
Hi, did you have any luck keeping your twinspot alive? My LFS says that they will only last about 6 months, and don't want to get them any more - just too hard to keep alive. Wondering how yours worked out long term.

What do you feed him now?

== John ==

Wow, this thread is back from the dead....

Archived