Innovative Marine Aquariums

[Custom] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

First off,

im glad to be joining into another nano-reef.com contest.. I am very excited to have a tank this size because honestly..I have never really had a nano REEF ( i have had a nano FOWLR).. i have had a pico.. and a 30g. cube.. but never something this size...

Ok, this tanks main residents will be the rock anemones, the anemone shrimp, and the fiddler crabs

there probably wont be a cleaner shrimp in this tank just because I think they are a PITA...

Here is the equipment:

Lighting:

nothing special.. 72w PC lighting

Flow:

nothing special Maxi-Jet 600

Other:

-10g. Perfecto Tank.. (same dimensions of AGA)

-im thinking about black tahitian moon sand.. but im not sold on it yet...

-Liverock..Im not sure on how much im going to put in yet.. but its all cured

-No heater ( :o )

-If i have a dead spot Im going to add a little Rio powerhead--40GPH or something like that

-Of course this tank will NOT be filled to the top because the Fiddler Crabs need air to breath

Inverts/Fish

3 Rock Anemones (Epicystis crucifer)

2 White Spot anemone shrimp (Periclimenes brevicarpalis)

3 Sexy Shrimp (Thor amboinensis)

3 Orange Fiddler Crabs

Probably a Goby or two and a clownfish.... plans may change..im not so sure yet..

Coral:

This is only a list of what I already have.. some of it may or may not go into this tank!

-Green bubble Coral

-Yellow Leather Frag (not looking so hot.. tried to save a peice from a rotting ylw leather)

-Ricordea (Green and Blue.. maybe orange)

-Toadstool leather

-Shroom

What I dont have but might add:

GSP

Codium

Zoanthids

Mushrooms

Frogspawn/Hammer/Torch.....

Entry pics of my empty tank with my favorite drink (:);) )

2qkle2c.jpg

2m63ckj.jpg

Chill guys its just a joke :P .. my favorite drink is Gatorade BTW..

also this tank will be going on my desk... and everything but the sand and the tank i already own (even the LR and coral).. so this is basically peiced together (hence the old Nanocube 24g. DX hood :):P )

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sea_Of_Treachery

this should be a pretty sweet setup, the nems commin from sea life florida? im thinking of starting off with some of those in my 26 anemone tank.

I have a few in my 29 and I love em. :)

Good luck, FF. Sounds like a nice setup, but how are you working the fiddlers in? How high will the water level be, and what are you using for them to hang out on?

Fishfreak218

when you say hang out on.. im assuming you mean a spot to get out of the water... I am going to have some of the rock coming out of the LR.. the fiddlers are kinda just stuck in there.. i might even ask my teacher if she wants them for a little bio-tope tank kinda thing... they hide alot ;)

anyone hav an opinion on black or white sand?

After seeing the competition this tank needs something.. im not sure wat... but it deffinatly needs something to make it more interesting.... :hmm: .... <_<

are you going to drill? if so, be careful, i've seen a lot of perfecto tanks recently that were tempered on all sides. :) looks great!

i put black sand in my new 20L not too long ago....... i liked it, and it really made all the colors really "pop", but i still think it doesnt compare to a really nice white sand! I ended up adding some white sand to my black, so its got a salt and pepper look which is kinda cool.......

good luck with the contest! the fiddler crab idea is pretty cool! keep the pictures coming

Fishfreak218

No drilling on this tank... i dont drill my own tanks.. my family isnt very handy...

also.. i think im going with white sand but im still not sure....

I saw so many fish that would sell for like 490548304830480 dollars at the LFS.

and the live rock had SO many invertebrates.

Fishfreak218

ya, i am thinking of going there.. and i need something special .. also i e-mailed sea life florida about getting me something special.. ill let you know when/if he emails me back...

Fishfreak218

I think im going to go with black sand...if i dont like it I can always syphon it out....

but ill just get it and see if how it goes with syphoning weekly (during waterchange) and adding more every once in a while

also.. it seems to be that they have no pink, red, or orange anemones in and for something like that i would need to go to ebay.. which i am not intending to do b/c i hate the way ebay works... so much for that.. i might still order like 2 "Assorted Flower anemones" and see what i get...

This tank is going to be awesome! Good luck! I cant wait to see the anemones!

texx

FF- I FINALLY added the Eric Borneman frag to the tank so I will post pics of it in my thread when it opens.

Fishfreak218

FINALLY! lol.. i have been waiting for that... lol.. cant wait to see the pics..

also the tank should be up and running this weekend

I ordered three anemones from SeaLifeFlorida.com, two 'assorted' and one white striped. They are all awesome, but I like the white striped the best. My suggestion: order three or four from Ken, then track down a couple choice specimens to really set off the tank. Like a garden of Epicystis. :)

Fishfreak218

I already have a white striped.. and 2 green ones.. so thats not what im looking for really.. i just want something different... not the plane jane green ones and brown ones and white ones

Ken sometimes offers special colors of flower anemones in his ebay auctions when he finds them. They're worth paying attention to if you are looking for a special anemone to be the centerpiece of your tank.

Fishfreak218

yup they come in purpl-ish, red, and orange and pink actually i think Seabass has a pink one in his 40g. breeder

Ken sometimes offers special colors of flower anemones in his ebay auctions when he finds them. They're worth paying attention to if you are looking for a special anemone to be the centerpiece of your tank.

i know.. i just HATE ebay..

i know.. i just HATE ebay..

My sympathies :P I get pretty aggravated when I have my heart set on a piece of coral and the price doubles or triples in the last 20 seconds of auction. I've missed so many pieces that way.

Looks like a good plan, tagging along. BTW, skip on the black sand, it becomes a hastle to keep clean, go with Figi Pink or Bikini.

Fishfreak218

.. no one had Krylon Fusion.. i have a little black left over.. and its just Krylon.. not Krylon fusion.. will the black Krylon work?

Archived