SaltCritters.com

PPE and other rae Zoanthids and Paly's FS

Angelman23

Hi everyone,

I need to make some room in my propagation tank so I have some Zoanthids and some Paly's for sale. I will ship USPS Priority for a flat rate of $12.00. That includes all the packaging and boxes and stuff like that. There is no live arrival gaurantee for USPS Priority but right now is a good time to ship. I will also offer USPS Express with live arrival gaurantee. I will ship USPS Express for a flat rate of $35. Well this is what I have for sale.

PPE- $50 a polyp, 3 maybe 4 polyps available. These are the real deal. These are from Blane's own colony. I wanted a long time to get my hands on them and they finally grew out into a decent colony. Heres a picture of a two polyp frag I made. Sorry the picture is kind of dark. I don't have a great camera.

Fish276.jpg

Safecrackers- $10.00 a polyp. Minimum of 3 polyps. Its too hard to frag anything less. Like the PPE picture sorry for it being kind of dark but these are bright.

Fish277.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes- 10 polyp frag- $15, 15 polyp frag- $20

Fish252.jpg

There is more to come I think.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great stuff, angel! :) i know you're probably looking to make the cash on the ppes, but if you're wanting a trade and don't have the red/orange skirt blue center zoas, let me know! :)

-danny

Yoshido,

I am actually creating funds for some lighting. I was planning on upgrading to a 125 or 180 gallon tank soon but I don't see that happening anytime soon and I have a 20 gallon long with all equipment and everything for it. I just need lighting so I am selling this stuff for some lights. I found a 25o watt MH Pendant on ebay. I am the high bidder at $78 with 10 hours left. It comes with everything and its almost brand new also. Comes iwht a nice Hamilton 14k bulb also. Only used for less than 20 hours. I am going to try to keep SPS coral in this. Like Acropora some Montis and stuff. Mostly SPS but proabley soem Zoos also. I have been keeping SPS in larger tanks but never in a smaller tank than a 55 gallon so this is a test for me. A lot of people don't reccomend SPS in anything less than 55 gallon but we will see how this goes. Thanks for the offer. Maybe sometime in the future I may want to trade.

Thanks

Ryan

sounds, good, ryan. :) good luck on the ebay bid, man-- it seems like everytime i bid there, i get outbid in the final seconds. lol. as for your sps, make sure that you don't trade/swap with a lot of people-- there has been a lot of AEFW (acro eating flat worms) and redbugs going around in the sps scene. find a few tried and true sources and stick to them. that's what i've had to do because i wouldn't dare lose all my sps to some damn bugs or flatworms! :) goodluck, man!

-danny

I have heard of them for less $$, but $50 a peice for a true PPE is about average. Considering they came straight from BP's colony, I would say they have to be nice!

I think I may just frag some of my larger SPS colonies and put some frags in the 20 gallon. I know some people that have some nice SPS tanks that I can proabley get some frags from them for a good price.

Yes these are the real thing. These are from Blanes colony. They are very nice.

I pmd you back

Yoshido,

Would you be interested in trading some SPS for some of my Zoos or something or even me buying some?

Let me know

Ryan

I'm just wondering who Blane is, and why is it that his colony (or colonies) are so good, where he got them. I'm just wondering.

-Mike

Blane is the "founder" of the PPE. He is the original person who brought these into the hobby

Did you buy them from Blane or from someone else? Is it possiable to get a closer and better picture. Also how long have you had the PPE frags in your tank. How long has it been since you fraged them. If i do get a frag can you send me picture of what i will be getting before you ship it out? I'm asking all this becuase I'm want to get a frag from you.

how do you "bring in" a zoo to the hobby, he dove, picked it up, then propagated it? or did he just coin the term ppe? sorry for semi-jacking the thread

Aqua-man,

I bought these PPE from Blane himself. I waited awhile but finally got some. I will try to get a closer picture but not promising anything because my camera is bad and I am just not good at taking pics. They have been in my prop tank for about 2 weeks and I fragged them about 2 weeks ago. Sure I can send you a picture of the exact frag you will be recieving.

ezcompany,

Heres his website.

www.thesea.org

Thengo to the bottom and click on zoanthids and then you can read on the PPE and everything.

Let me knwo if you guys or anyone else has any questions

That's good to know. I have been burned one to many times by others who clamied to sell one thing and it turned out to be something else.

That's good to know. I have been burned one to many times by others who clamied to sell one thing and it turned out to be something else.

if he sells those things at 50 a polyp and you get burned he can never show his face on nr again so i wouldn't worry too much :)

ReefApprentice

This is ridiculous. I can find all those corals at my LFS for 40 bucks for a 30 polyp colony. They aren't victim of these "cool" names and how much they are worth. Good luck, but kind of silly to do a thing like this.

coralgirl365

i wish i could find 30 ppe for $40 at my lfs lol. you guys out in cali must get all the good stuff. i did score 30 kedd reds for $40 once, that was a sweet find.

Archived