Innovative Marine Aquariums

Glasscages.com

jmt

I sent glasscages.com an e-mail last week about one of their tanks. Specifically, the 1/2 5 Acrylic tank. I got a puzzling response today.

Here are the e-mails.

My original e-mail:

First off, do you ship any of your smaller tanks?

Second, is 8x16x7 the dimensions for DxWxH?

And third, do you make this tank without any sort of top or bottom bracing? I'd prefer the tank without it on the top and bottom.

Thank you for your time.

Justin

Lakeland, TN 38002

Here is the response I recieved:

Sorry - can't help with this request.

What?

What kind of response is that? I double checked the e-mail thinking I may have accidently sent it to their billing/payment address, but everything checked out.

I realize the tank itself is only about $15, but that's a bull###### to response to some simple questions.

I am not too happy.

yeah i wouldnt ever get another tank from glasscages

first time i put water in the tank the bottom started leaking

the top frame came off really easily

but then again you get waht you pay for

I emailed them about how much shipping was on a 7.5 gallon shallow tank last year. I did not have a problem at all. Never did order the tank though after hearing about the quality. Here are the emails.

From me:

Hello, I would like to know how much shipping would be to zip code ----- for one acrylic 1/2 - 15 12 1/2 x 24 x 6 1/2 tall tank. I am not placing an

order, but would only like to know how much shipping would cost. Thanks.

From glasscages.com:

Shipping via UPS is $20.00

Unit is in stock for immediate shipmment.

For further info or to order call 615-446-8877 (9:00AM - 12noon Central Time - Monday through Friday only)

Thank You,

http://www.glasscages.com

glasscages@gmail.com

from having read similar complaints elsewhere, it seems that when they get busy they don't bother with small orders or too complicated ones. sucks, but it seems to be their M.O.

annamarie421

I sent them an email a while back, because I wanted to buy a canopy for my 75g, and have it shipped to me. I got the same "Sorry - can't help with this request" response. Poor customer service IMO.

Anna

• 2 weeks later...
Jmt, your better off, trust me.
ray, was your tank that exploded one of theirs?

i'm thinking of upgrading/unifying my tanks to a 240g (or larger). i've heard hit or miss with them in the past.

oceanic is obviously a choice but beaucoup bucks with the lfs markup in the middle. <_<

Hmm..not surprised w/ this response. I agree w/ tiny, many people have had good experiences, and many people have had bad experiences. Personally, I would just go with a different custom tank builder.

Fishfreak218

http://www.socalcreations.com/

I e-mailed them yesterday about an acrylic 15" Diameter Circular tank that was 15" high with Eurobracing.. (just out of curiosity kind of thing) and he gave me an estimate of $500 the same night..

fast responses IMO.. and never heard a complaint either

Yes it was.
hmmm.

thanks for the input/confirm, ray.

their pricing's actually pretty good but really not that far off from oceanic or perfecto (thatfishplace.com). not that i'd enamored with perfecto either which i'm equating to glasscages at this point of thought.

i'd rather get the oceanic to tell the truth. i do see the difference in quality between my 75g oceanic and my 72g aga (even though their the same company now, different markets). but for something as biggish as this, i don't mind paying a little more for the 5-year guarantee vs. 90-days for glasscages.

another factor is delivery. glasscages is pickup only for these big tanks and frankly that's a significant pita for me.

the lfs can deliver and install (just set-in-place basically). because i don't trust any yahoos to do my tank, even the "experts". thatfishplace is pickup too but it's an easier logistical trip than glasscages tradeshow adventure. :mellow:

i've been vacillating on this big purchase (actually, a helpful tactic i've found when pondering money-pit decisions), and the additional pita factor of pickup is putting a damper on this so far.

i might just suck it up and go lfs/oceanic or something. i just don't think the various factors justify the roughly $500 savings between glasscages and "brand names".

Archived