SaltCritters.com

EBIN's 20L FRAMELESS

ebin

So I am back, all moved and ready to get my tank all set up.

There are a few things I learned from the 29 hex adventure...I hate acryllic (for now) everytime I cleaned the viewing pannels I was in fear of gouging the acryllic. So moving made me think i should get a new setup, and turn a new leaf...

Tank:

here is the new nano I will be building.

ndlkaw.jpg

oh and a new stand too (a real one not a old tv stand either)

ndlnar.jpg

It is a 20 long with euro bracing center bottom drilled, I am going to have the back drilled for the return.

I looked into a overflow but they are an arm and a leg so I figured I would save $$$ and valueable tank space by going standpipe on the overflow. I think I will go with this style pipe for it. (diagram by tb.)

ndm0wm.jpg

I hope it will work well on my application.

SUMP:

As for my sump I may just take a 20 regular AGA and silicone some plexiglass to create one or look for one used like an old euroreef or the likes. I sold my other sump from the 29 as it was a bit small.

LiGHTING:

will be my single ended 175 watt hamilton bell pendant with 14K bulb.

ROCK/SAND:

I still got my 30# liverock fiji and hattian it is in a bucket with a powerhead looking ready to go in the tank. For sand I got like 10 lbs of tahitian black moon sand. but am thinking bare bottom???

SKIMMER:

MY CPR bakpak that i got for myself at x-mas is ready to skim.

LIVESTOCK:

I miss my zoos i really miss my zoos and have a new love for clams so I may have those 2 heavily dominate the tank. but there will be a bit of sps in there too.

PLEASE SHOOT HOLES WHERE HOLES NEED TO BE!!!

I really hope this will go over well I have alot oh hopes for this one and think it will go well. I am not the most experienced but you all here are moving me in the correct direction thanks.

Just finished painting the back

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool, my dream tank is a Framless 20L with no bracing. Can't wait to see how it turns out, good luck!

Did you have the tank custom built?

pink is the new black.

wow ... :lol:

that's a very daring background color there, but i can see where u are going with it. very unique indeed.

See I knew some would see my method of maddness

it will absorb less light than black or blue and reflect much out.

Can't go with a unique tank and go boring blue background.

Can i ask where you go the tank? Custom? Thanks in advance!

It was custom built. I am very impressed with the seams on the sealant. I also like the black silicone, rather than the clear silicone it almost borders the vieving pannels and really makes the tank pop.

Still on the fence about the bottom of this thing. I was at walmart today and I saw some thin cutting board that would fit nicely... almost got it, but i thought about the bag of black sand sitting in the closet. still no thoughts huh?

Also I guess the standpipe idea is a good one as I got no thoughts on it?

That thing ROCKS!!!

Talking about rocks.... You do know that 'Live Rock Species' tanks are in... B)

You mean a "LR only tank"? Dude! That's cool, never thought of that.

Talking about rocks.... You do know that 'Live Rock Species' tanks are in... B)

sheesh you know it man I am letting this tank dry cycle so it will be ready for my rare live rock here is a pic of the current rock only tank/bucket

ndx0fm.jpg

B)

put those rocks in your pipe and smoke it... I am writing a sweet thesis paper on the rocks just waiting for the copyright to go through so the nano-reef pirates don't take my brilliant work. :lol:

oh and addict I will trade this tank for your 60 anyday, I am just the man trying to live up to your shadow. (except in calling college games ;) )

Ebin has that LR been in there for a while now? Those rocks look full of life man. Nice purple colors in there.

They have been in there for about a week and a half they are out of my 29 I just took down.

I looked into a overflow but they are an arm and a leg so I figured I would save $$$ and valueable tank space by going standpipe on the overflow. I think I will go with this style pipe for it.

Sweet tank. Very cool looking, and I like the downpipe idea. I know the The Fish Room (LFS in Temecula, CA) uses these downpipes for a bunch of their tanks, but they don't have the cool durso setup to quiet them down. I know that just the plain pipe is noisy, but have no experience with the durso. I'd be curious also as to the noise level of the setup. Not for the current tank I have, but for the next tank I may be getting :-)

Ebin, Long time no see! Please tell me you didn't give up all your zoas!!?! :( I thought we had a deal about those strawberry shortcake zoas :( Anyway, the new tank looks spectacular!! You have my mind turning over the idea of going with a pink background when I set up my 28G.

As far as the sand goes, the negative side of going with black sand is the maintenance to keep it looking clean but it does look really cool. I'm sure you'll make the best decision for your tank either way! Keep the updates coming!

Archived