DSC04245.jpg

..a 20g long

DSC04250.jpg

its gonna have a closed loop with a Mag7 and SCWD

DSC04240.jpg

14k 150w metal halide

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04237.jpg

so i started cutting the holes and my dremel kept stopping and i didnt know why, until i checked the bushes..

DSC04254.jpg

this is why you dont force into cuts.. i learned my lesson -_-

finally the holes finished!! ..after 2 days. found out that i used too much water and it look me about 2 hours for each hole.

DSC04257.jpg

all the fittings put in. theres so much space in the back because im gonna be putting an AC500 fuge back there.

DSC04258.jpg

DSC04259.jpg

i thought i should take a pic of the transfer :D

DSC04266.jpg

my final aquascape

DSC04268.jpg

set up from the side

DSC04265.jpg

everything finished!!

DSC04269.jpg

bye bye MB7.. HELLO 20 GALLON LONG :D:D:D

DSC04270.jpg

thanks for looking! :happy:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishfreak218 - yeah im gonna add alot more coral, i wanna try and get a FULL tank. Its gonna look real niceeeeee.

Sebea - i used the Zoo Med Repti Lamp Stand. It's doing a pretty good job holding it up even though its alot heavier than those heating lamps but if you extend the top arm more than 11"-12" it starts to bend alot, mine is at 9"

thanks HotRod!

PROPS!!!

looking good, I love clean tanks, with no powerheads or anything else in the tank, nice clean drilled returns really makes a tank look good.

love it, keep us posted!

D

I'll make sure that I keep everyone updated as the days pass. I raised the halide 2" so it lights up the sides a lil bit better and im probably gonna up the cleaning crew a bit this weekend.

Oh man! This is one of the nicest setups I've seen ina while. I mean, It doesn't have a sump or anything, but dude! That CLS is just so.... I don't don't know how to put it... It looks really simple and effective though. PROPZ

300% upgrade from the MB7

no doubt

For a mixed reef i think its great, not too high not too low, just perfect. But I'm using a 2 year old Mag7 on the CL so I dont know if a brand new one would be too much for it because im pretty sure after 2 years of continuous use it has slowed down a bit. But yeah.. copy all you want, I'm loving the tank so far. :D

I didn't use anything I just made sure that they were secure and then gave it an "earthquake" test ..lol. They didn't fall over so it was all good.

awesome aquascaping. I had a moded out ac500 on my 20H a while back. It worked like a charm, especially with the surface skimmer attachment.

-kassun

thanks kasssun.

So I was looking in my tank today and I was just thinking ..whats gonna eat all the left over food that the fish and corals miss? So im thinking whether I should get some nassarius snails or some kind of serpent/brittle star. Im thinking the star because.. well I think that it would add some diversity in the tank, plus it eats ditritus and leftovers. What do you guys think? oh yeah BTW, do these things bulldoze things like turbos do or are they careful about where they go?

EDIT: serpent star idea scratched. I've decided to save up my money for the fish. Speaking of fish, i've been thinking of what I should keep. Im thinking 3 fish: carpenters flasher wrasse, midas/tail spot blenny, and an Ocellaris. Sound good?

Sparkling_Surfer

Midas=yes! :D

It looks like your tank is set on two different tables with a gap in between...doesn't look like a good place for a 100+ lb tank.

Nice work, btw. It looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it all put together!

The tank & setup look great! I love my 20 long, I have a maroon clown that's hosting a green BTA. Just an idea. I also have a brittle star he's a lot less destructive than hermit crabs, and does a great job cleaning.

I'm probably gonna put the brittle on hold for now, if I find it necessary to get one later I'll pick one up.

Yeah, I was just thinking about the bioload. I'm planning to get a skimmer but not sure what i should get. It's gotta fit in the AC because I dont wanna add more stuff in the tank. Any suggestions?

Archived