ReefCleaners.org

CALLING ALL TANG POLICE!

travisurfer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, someone posted that a few months ago. Foodnetwork had a show where they put did something similar by putting a tank in kitchen. It really a shame, fish have the reputation of being cheap, easy pets to take care off but in reality they not that easy and definatly not cheap!

I dont know if you guys have ever been to the LFS, but last i checked most of the fish there are put in 5 gallon cubes for days. I think those guys will be fine for a few minutes...

I justh hope no one gets the idea of going 1" /gallon. i know my 45 w/ 45" of fish would be rediculous

Its not those fish specifically but the advice their giving. Will ordinary people know that they wont keep those fish in their? Probebly not so they will go out, buy a similar setup thinking thats what what the fish are going to live in until they die.

That rule is just rediculus. thats pushing it for even FW IMO.

That was painful to watch. What was it three fish a seahorse and a starfish in one five gallon tank. Man, that's rediculous. I loved how they gave the "rule of thumb" yet they didn't follow it themselves.

snowlancer2720

being that tetra is in the fish business, i'd think that they would know better. but i did want to see that pirahna eat! haha

being that tetra is in the fish business, i'd think that they would know better. but i did want to see that pirahna eat! haha

That would've been cool if they fed Dori to the Pirahnas!

OMg, i litterally cried wene i saw that, i am serious, that was sad, i mean, like 3 clowfish, and a hippo tang in a 5g, i mean, they may have had those fish in there 5 min, but, thats cruel, for the rest of the fish, they are basically saying, HEY, COME ON, YOU WANT AT LEAST 5 CLOWNS AND A PAIR OF TANGS IN YOUR 10G!!!! i swear, i critisezed my doctor, because he had, a pair of yellow tangs in his 55g. i gave him, a good, 30min of my mind, he promised he would move him to his 180, he did, im glad my doctor knows how to listen. :happy:

BTW, it sais, "one of the most common mistakes, is putting too many fish in your tank" as in first post, nuff said

10" Red Devil

"Fish are the Idiot proof pet!" LOl! ROTFL! Maybe some freshwater fish but definitely not Saltwater.

WTF they mentioned nothing about premixing your salt and water which is super important. I mean I understand its a TV show and everything so they have limited time, but damn I hope they said something like to learn more visit this site or something.

1" of fish per gallon lol!!! Although I secretly know people who have had tanks for years that do this and there fish are fine. Still doesnt make it right imo.

Pinrod Urkish

<Speechless> AHHHHHH!!! OH Come on! This is why I hate tetra, and all their little products; and why you will never find anything they make in my cabinets.

First I started wincing when I saw the Hostess put her jewelry-covered hands into the tank. But when I Saw the Tang I began to agonize in pain. But then, the atrocity of the sea horses . . . <Gathering rage> IT'S ON TETRA, IT'S ON.

Not to sound like a jerk but wow the way some people here try to make people out to be murderers...please.

yes I know that the fish have no chance of survival in there but it is tv and tetra needs to sell product. the tv brings people out to buy the stuff shown and when there is no success they sell you more products. After that people look online and find here. companies like tetra paved the way for this hobby, like it or not the advertising kept them in business and made it possible for us to be here.

As for lecturing dentists, or others.... 2 yellow tangs in a 55 is hardly something to give a lecture for 30 minutes on. That is as bad as the bible pushers that knock on doors and bother you. Simply saying something is sufficient, anything else is harassment, uncalled for and rude. not trying to argue but I smoke and when others tell my i am gonna die I just think what buiseness is it of yours?

Remember the movie free willie. That whale had his own doctors, lived the easy life, and was happy getting fed fat fish all day long. UNTILL activists fought to take him from his happy home and took him to iceland where he died of pnemonia 2 months later. good job

10" Red Devil
not trying to argue but I smoke and when others tell my i am gonna die I just think what buiseness is it of yours?

People come up to you and tell you, your going to die from smoking? Jebeesus wtf kind of people do you live around?

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with 2 tangs in a 55 gallon reef? Lots of space...Everyone just needs to chill with the "tangs can only be in a 15,000 gallon reef tank!"

Wont get on my soapbox about people over reacting...but definitely not worth a 30 min lecture. Sure 180 is better but then there is always something better. Try the ocean. Cant say putting any fish into any tank less than 55 is the best solution..but we do it anyways. Clown in a 10 g tank, tang in a 55. Whats the difference?

His cash, his decision. Of course unless you bought the fish for him...

Too bad I couldn't hear what was beeing said because my sound card isn't working. Oh man I cant wait to hear what was going on in that studio.

man cant wait to put 14 tangs in my 24 gallon...oh and also he blue tang was well over 3 inches...and the clownfish were 1+ she didnt follow rules...and i thought it was 5 gallon per fish + inches exceding 4....but limited to size of fish(at fullgrown, even if bought juvenille)...#gallons/10....the blue tang is a foot long...thus being well over double the tank size...she didnt fallow her own rule of thumb...also she shouldnt have had a sensitive fish in a 5 gallon talk about ich and also she wouldnt even be safe with a pair of clowns...and shi**y filter...crystal clear is not hard to say so she shouldnt stutter....IDIOT LADY!!!

OMg, i litterally cried wene i saw that. I critisezed my doctor, because he had, a pair of yellow tangs in his 55g. i gave him, a good, 30min of my mind.

And I'll bet you're his favorite patient now. You've got to be freaking kidding me! The tang police are the same people who are trying to take away your right to hunt, fish and bear arms.

Archived