SaltCritters.com

30 cubin at it again

SLOreefer

well the other thread got like 6 pages ong so i gave up on that one and will start this, its pretty much a different tank now anyway with all teh equipment changes

here is the og thread for those of you interested

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63062

equipment list

250w aquamedic pendant

14k pheonix bulb

2- maxi-jet 900

1- seio 620

1 quiet one 3000 return

1 oceansmotion squirt converted to a 2 way

euro-reef 5-2 rated for 75 gallons

1 custom sump by truvu

the classic corner view

Fishtank017.jpg

the roab lavender digi

Fishtank007.jpg

steve elias blue stag, cali tort, purple green horrida, tenuis and friends

Fishtank006.jpg

Halloween monti recovering and a blue tip tenuis

Fishtank008.jpg

top of the tank

Fishtank004.jpg

bottom of the tank

Fishtank005.jpg

idaho grape and friends

Fishtank019.jpg

clamshot

Fishtank018.jpg

blastos rics and cloves

Fishtank022.jpg

a cool current shot

Fishtank021.jpg

and finally the fts

Fishtank003.jpg

oh and here is the sump

Fishtank002.jpg

deacon, i wasnt worried about replies ha ha...i was wondering why the views counter wasnt working, it showed there were comments, just no views. thanks for the kind words though

dark, for some reason under the p14 bulb the green kinda washed out and now looks more like a big orange digi. its the big orange one in the middle of the tank. if you look really close its got a green tint but not like the vibrance it used to have under my pc's

nice...i wish i would have found this earlier. just setup my 30g cube.

i agree about the lighting...sometimes pcs make things look better.

idaho grape...mmmm

hey eric...that looks like a tasty skimmate!! once I am red-bug free we will have to do some trading

tank looks great...

deacon, i wasnt worried about replies ha ha...i was wondering why the views counter wasnt working, it showed there were comments, just no views. thanks for the kind words though

dark, for some reason under the p14 bulb the green kinda washed out and now looks more like a big orange digi. its the big orange one in the middle of the tank. if you look really close its got a green tint but not like the vibrance it used to have under my pc's

Hmm weird, the digi in mine actually picked up the green when I switched to the phoenixes, but I think the bulbs are starting to lose it since its turning back to the more orange.

whitten, the seios are awesome, i had two but dont need them as much with my sump return and all, they do need to be cleaned semi regularly otherwise when the power is turned off they stick and then it has to be taken apart...better to just clean em regularly

i do need a new bulb so maybe once i do that the coloration will get better. here is a pick of it when i first transfered it over from my pc's, this is the coloration it had

Greenorange.jpg

NaughtyCashew

Wow, that tank looks amazing!

Just out of curiosity, do you have problems with microbubbles? I cant seem to keep them out of my new system. I am guessing not, as your water looks crystal clear.

naughty, no micro bubble issues, i thought i woud have them but for some reason the standard 3 baffle sump is working well for me.

otf thamks for the props, i havent though about doing the mj mod as i dont believe i know what it is. i looked on melevs site but didnt see anything. also one of the mjs is connected to my u-tube for the overflow so i want constant power on that. if the mod looks cool enough maybe ill ditch the seio and do the mod on another 900 so ill have 3 900s 2 of which may have a cool mod

• 1 month later...

jt, sorry i didnt reply for a couple months the tank is cherry, i wish it was black or oak. cherry just doesnt match anything in the house

thanks below, il get some updated pics soon. hey danny thnks again for the zoos, they havent all opened yet but the ones that have are lookin good

• 1 month later...

how do you manage temperature?

250W MH + pumps = heat issue?

what is that small clear box in the corner?

I'm thinking about going 30 cube as well....150W sunpod enough you think? I don't think they have 250W for sunpods...

Also - a rookie question: I noticed seio are taller, but yours actually look like a tunze. Do you just take off parts from seio to look like that? or do u buy parts?

thanks

Jae

Archived