Cultivated Reef

Is there anyone else who hates Royal Gramma's like I do?

Fishfreak218

Does anyone else hate theirs or in general Royal gramma's i think there the worst......there like a $15 Damsel....if i wanted mean i wouldnt get rid of him...now i have to tear down my Fav. Aquascape.....and catch the little bastage.....gosh....what a MAJOR PITA <_<:angry:omgomgomg .......does anyone else have any bad experiences w/ their Royal Gramma's?

josh

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is he doing that you hate him so much? Mine were always quite shy. If and they did show any agression the other fish would just laugh at them.

Bob

I bought mine and he infected the whole tank got everyone sick with a disease that was unfamilar. I then proceeded to quarantine him and he died. But in the process I medicated my main tank with an 'invert. safe' med and later found out that no meds are. Although I saved all my other fish now I have lost 2 corals and on my way to loosing a PLT Anenome and GSP because the meds still arn't out. I have lost so much money just because I bought this one little fish! GRRR! (It's been a month now and my tank is still very sick!)

I then proceeded to quarantine him and he died.

The little Fugly bisach got what he disereved....sorry to here about your tank......that really sucks..its ok...i lost 4 coloeny's (about $170 worth...) of zoanthids....:( ....all b.c. one $20 POS (peice of $h!+) coloeny infected the rest....i saved my favorites though....i got a firefish today and now this ###### is picking on him......

SCUBA - To be fair, that's why you QT *before* you put new animals into the tank.

• Like 1

My gramma is pretty cool. He's no punk though. My Damsel has tried to mess with him and my gramma open up a can of whoop a$$ on that damsel. He gets a "Royal A$$ Kicking" :naughtydance:

• Like 1
What is he doing that you hate him so much?

They are shy so when i come up to the tank he swims away and hides...that little SOB coward....and then he picks on my othe fish...like i said...i payed $15 for a frikin damsel....what a little skank bag...i cant even explain my hate for them...ughhh.....their horrible...what a waist of my bio-load...i cant wait to get him out of my tank!

My Damsel has tried to mess with him and my gramma open up a can of whoop a$$ on that damsel. He gets a "Royal A$$ Kicking" :naughtydance:

I whish my Powerhead would open up a can of woop @$$ and suck that little frikin bastage up.....and blow his guts everywhere :lol::owned::naughtydance::slap:

hey a thing to say about u/ lost 4 coloeny's (about $170 worth...) of zoanthids.... ....all b.c. one $20 POS (peice of $h!+) coloeny infected the rest. YOU ARE RICH HAVE DADDY GET YOU A NEW ONE

Never had a royal gramma before but all i can tell yah i that i hate bicolor dottybacks (the ones that look almost the same as royal grammas) with the same passion as fishfreak.

Sea_Of_Treachery

My royal gramma is a bi***, im getting rid of him soon. he bullies my sixline wrasse all the time, and my tomato clown sometimes. He opens up his mouth and then bits them right on the nose! to me they are like damsels. i will never get another one thats for sure.

SCUBA - To be fair, that's why you QT *before* you put new animals into the tank.

Your tellin me!!! I really really learned my lesson the hard way, set up the QT a day after put the bad RG in! ARG! I learned 2 very valuable lessons ALWAYS QT and NEVER MEDICATE!!!!!! you sure can lose alot if you don't.

Fish Freak,

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has lost stuff out there (your 170$) I am sure others have too but it does make me feel better.

This thread CRACKS me up, just read through everything you say about the 15$ damsel, it's hillarious!

BTW your AV. is PERFECT It cracked me up when I saw it and then Gil adding the hat, it's perfect!

Yeah, speaking of which, Scuba, don't feel so bad on the meds thing. Many people have done it--myself included, back in my beginner days--because it's not as well-known as it should be. At least now you know.

Never had a royal gramma before but all i can tell yah i that i hate bicolor dottybacks (the ones that look almost the same as royal grammas) with the same passion as fishfreak.

So close!!

LOL.....you guus are funny...anyway i had to take out all my coral put them in a bucket....take out half the LR and finnaly i caught the little bastage....it tooke me like an hour from start to catch...then i had to reaquascape and i couldnt see what i was doing omgomgomg and so now my tank looks like CRAP....and i put all the coral back in a rush.....to start my Home Work b.c. my teacher gave us a 1,000 word essay do friday. (to me thats a TON...im used to like 200-300 up to 500 once in a blue moon...but when i got the paper and it sayed 1,000 words my face went :mellow: to <_< to :blink: and i wanted to :slap: the teacher...anyway so i rushed and my tank looks like crap and the fugly gramma is sitin in the QT w/ what's left of my zoanthids..(i didnt get to read the whoel thread...i got to go finish now)

Hate isnt even the word to discribe it :lol: jk jk (sorta) <_<.....

Does your gramma have a stripe through it's eye or not?

If it does have one, it's supposedly a true royal gramma, which are meant to be much less aggressive than the brazilian grammas, which don't have the stripe through the eye.

Sam

Archived