Coral Vue Hydros

16gal Bowfront

stevenhman

Well this pic is slightly outdated. I no longer have the huge GSP in the middle. I still have the two frags flanking it though ;). Maybe I can take a new, and better, shot before work today. There's a soon-to-be-fuge AC300 on the back.

16 gallon bowfront : 28w pc : ~25 pnds LS : 15 pnds LR : 2 GSP : purple&pink ric : asstd. polyop & zoo rock : emerald crab : sally lightfoot crab: 3 BLHC : 3 astrea snails : 2 cerith snails : peppermint shrimp : osc. clown

4888352516714203_0_ALB.jpg

Another ac 300 fuge, what a surprise!

I got my 6 and 7 inch baffles mixed up and siliconed in a 7in baffle. Was very noisy at first. In addition to that water was spilling over the intake pipe (black lines in diagram).

Easy fix, just took some scrap plexi (about 3in long) and placed it diagonally like so (green line). The gaps in measurment actually came in handy. With this new secondary baffle water is smoothly pulled from the intake chamber across to the return. There is still a little dribble that makes it over the intake pipe.

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense. Ask away if not.

4888fuge_final.jpg

After a little aquascaping things are starting to seem more correct. Any ideas? I moved the ric frag into the fuge for safekeeping.

488816_front.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the pics, my batteries kept wanting to die, once they recharge I'll try and get more up here.

Just got a surface skimmer today @ LFS for $5. I'll probably get another pepermint shrimp too. My camera seems to be on the fritz so I'll have to bug a friend of mine to borrow his. Everyone likes to look but not to say anything. 212 views 2 replys, both from me :P Tomorrow I should have some pictoral goodies for all o' ya

Malaqianpro -

I sold the middle GSP for about $120 (top pic) :) I still have the two frags flanking it. I bought it over 2 years ago for my first 2.5gal nano. It was very small then, probably half dollar size! I'll search around on the HD for some pics.

brianemone -

I want GSP to cover that big rock on the left. I've put some right next to it so it will grow across and onto it. In another few months hopefully it will have made a foothold on it so I can sell the other GSP frags I have.

Got an AC skimmer today!

Set up was easy, had a minute of confusion with the height adjustor. It slows the flow down quite a bit. The flow was so reduced I slid the intake pipe all the way to the left, it was pulling in as much water as possible. Nice flow in fuge still. Water seemed to be more clear (clearer? stupid grammar} about 30min after instalation.

4888898617334203_0_ALB.jpg

Skimmer is top left.

This is an interesting picture. While fooling around with the camera I accidentally took a picture with the flash on. I turned the flash off, moved slightly to the left, and took a pic w/o the flash. I guess you never know what could be hiding in the shadows!

4888hidzen_crizab-med.jpg

Can you spot the sneaky crab?

Archived