Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's nc6 mods

Tigahboy

Picked up my nanocube 6g from nanocustoms on 3-16-05.

Made some minor adjustments. Like adding a MJ606 to the left compartment and making a 1-1/8" hole in the wall to accomodate a 1/2" bulkhead w/ loc-line nozzles. I used a hole saw bit attached to a 90 degree angle drill since there wasn't much space to fit standard drills.

Here's some pics...

ncmod1.jpg

ncmod2.jpg

ncmod3.jpg

ncmod4.jpg

ncmod7.jpg

ncmod6.jpg

Added eggcrate...

ncmoda.jpg

Full view...

ncmodfull2.jpg

I actually switched the single loc-line shown shown on the left w/ a Y and 2 nozzles.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Oh, I thought the eggcrate was for your fish to lay eggs and have a nusery, lots of baby tigahs,,, just kidden....

Nice work,,, really impressed with the second pump design. So Tigah, so where is your mechanical filtration to capture dirt and junk?

Is it in chamber 2?

Mike

yes, chamber 2. but the filter media I'm using is primarily for chemical filtration...any mechanical filtration is just a secondary result.

I thought it was more or less plug and play. You dont have to do all those mod's do you? Did you add that MJ606 for extra movement?

nice, very professionally posted, this will help lots of people in the future with their nano mods.

Tigah, did you leave the stock pump in the other chamber.

BTW the tank looks awesome, nice rock.

Originally posted by bowfront26

nice, very professionally posted, this will help lots of people in the future with their nano mods.

Tigah, did you leave the stock pump in the other chamber.

BTW the tank looks awesome, nice rock.

The stock pump is in the other chamber. Right now I leave it off tho, and turn it on every now and then via timer for random additional flow. I leave them off b/c I noticed they give off a tremendous amount of heat. I don't have heat issues as long as they stay off.

I plan to replace the stock pump w/ another mj606 and have the 2 pumps alternate. So 15 minutes 1 will be on; the other off...and the next 15 minutes they will switch, etc.

Originally posted by Cesar

Hey dude how many watts do you have in that 6G? I remember we were talking about the heat issue.

18w. Not much at all. I plan to get a modded hood from nanocustoms.com when they are released. Probably go for 2x18w (36 total) or maybe 3x18w. The modded hood also has beefed up fans to help w/ the added heat from the increased lighting.

Replaced the stock ph w/ another MJ606, so now I have 2 MJ606s. Also replaced the nozzle on the left w/ another Y loc-line connector.

They will switch off in 15 minute intervals so only 1 will be on at a time.

nc0330a.jpg

nc0330b.jpg

nc0330c.jpg

nc0330d.jpg

haha. it would be extremely difficult (unless I made holes in the glass) to do that. i couldn't even fit my hand into the first compartment (had to have the lady do that for me).

Friskaburger

Nice, hey what locline part did you order exactly that you used to replace the stock diffuser? Does it fit without modification? Just curious thanks =)

Originally posted by Friskaburger

Nice, hey what locline part did you order exactly that you used to replace the stock diffuser? Does it fit without modification? Just curious thanks =)

no mods needed. just got the 1/2" Y-fitting loc-line and replaced the stock nozzle (ball and socket joints, so they snap into place). Then added 2 1/2" flat slot nozzles to the Y-fitting.

• 3 weeks later...

very strange. i just checked out liveaquaria.com and I could've sworn there used to be a plumbing section in the "Parts Department" pages. maybe I'm trippin.

but you can find em for sure at marindepot.com. do a search for item #: FT6733

or follow this path: marinedepot.com -> Plumbing Parts -> PVC Plumbing Fittings -> Hose Barbs -> and end at "Slip Elbow Adapter"

Archived