Cultivated Reef

Aaron's 20 High

Dasani

Set up 11/13/12

8186129645_b5a4cf9ba1.jpg

FTS 11/13/12 by Dasani22, on Flickr

So far just have some random equipment. Not for sure what I'm going to run yet. I may try a little DIY water bottle skimmer. For sure running GFO, carbon, and filter floss.

Lighting- Fishneedit 150w MH with FNI 20k bulb

Flow- Filter return and a Koralia nano

More to come!

I'm contemplating stocking it with a seahorse and 3 chromis :happydance:

What do you think?

I know I want the chromis for sure but I'm not sure what else. A pair of bangaii's?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The tank has been up for 2 months now. My diatoms are just about gone and I have been slowly adding a few pieces.

Today I ordered a phoenix bulb and added some more rock and re did the scape and I'm currently looking for some fish. I'll post some pics some time in the next week.

Added 3 chromis and lost them all within 3 days. Also losing some fuzzy mushrooms. All the other zoas look decent. No idea what's going on.

Added 3 chromis and lost them all within 3 days. Also losing some fuzzy mushrooms. All the other zoas look decent. No idea what's going on.

Where were the fuzzy shrooms in the tank? Not to many caves or lower light areas for them... Mine generally do better under lower light and low to moderate flow. Sorry to hear it... Love fuzzy shrooms.

Where were the fuzzy shrooms in the tank? Not to many caves or lower light areas for them... Mine generally do better under lower light and low to moderate flow. Sorry to hear it... Love fuzzy shrooms.

Well they are actually looking somewhat better. This tank is crazy

Cool. Mine can go in spurts... Every once in a while they will deflate and look terrible and then the next several days they look better than ever. Probably just expelling toxins/garbage/poo. Think they go in cycles but I love em...

Archived