Top Shelf Aquatics

~Candy Land II~ Green Banded Gobies had babies! Pics and Vid

FlCandy

Started on 11/4/12

FTS 12/5/12
315890_10151276606139029_1264797098_n.jp

This is going to be a Macro and Softie tank only with a few little fishes in there.

Running right now
Marieneland LED (I know why it is staying a macro and softie tank)
Hydor Koralia Nano 425
IDK what pump for the return probably the stock, I have a better one I have to find it
Nothing in the chambers (getting the media basket)

Current livestock:
2 turbo snails
Many Dwarf Cerths
1 Jade Hermit (HH with Cerths)
2 Narssus Snails

Fish:
Pair of Green Banded Gobies added 12-5-12

Corals:
Neon Pink Mushroom
Green with white stripes mushroom
Green fuzzy mushroom
Red metallic mushroom
Blue Metallic mushroom

Macro
Red Dragon
Dragons Breath
Caulerpa
Ochtode
Red Grape

So that it is for now just waiting to see if it cycles I am going to be adding sand in December (yes black sand) and upgrading the return pump tomorrow when I can move again.

Also if anyone can tell me what I can add for better color to this fixture it only has 3 blues and the rest are all white here are some more pics of the setup yesterday.

249310_10151229535814029_1874024280_n.jp

Light
308852_10151229536744029_432346284_n.jpg

21186_10151229537284029_1713821896_n.jpg

149822_10151229538074029_1324359755_n.jp

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you are :)

I like the title!!!!!!!

I'm not much help on the lighting. You wouldn't want to hear my suggestion since it would be to ditch the LED and go with a T5HO fixture. I have a Current fixture that I used on my 10g macro tank and that I'll be moving to the NC12 sooner or later. The macros in there just hate the LED lighting.

Here you are :)

I like the title!!!!!!!

I'm not much help on the lighting. You wouldn't want to hear my suggestion since it would be to ditch the LED and go with a T5HO fixture. I have a Current fixture that I used on my 10g macro tank and that I'll be moving to the NC12 sooner or later. The macros in there just hate the LED lighting.

You know i would be so willing to do that! I just need to justify the $$$ to the hubby! LMAO

DLSR pics

FTS 11/5/12

6206_10151234224729029_2066799461_n.jpg

546828_10151234224854029_11599659_n.jpg

And Gena I may do exactly what your saying to do. I love T5 and I know it, hmmmm yeah I may just go that way.

Beautiful!!!!! Look for a used fixture. They pop up quite frequently!!!!! You can find great deals on refurbished fixtures on Amazon too. That's where I got my Coralife from.

Beautiful!!!!! Look for a used fixture. They pop up quite frequently!!!!! You can find great deals on refurbished fixtures on Amazon too. That's where I got my Coralife from.

I can't find a 12" fixture that doesn't have complaints about burning the bulbd out after a few months. Any suggestions?

FTS 11-7-12 Cloudy as I just placed the algae and snails in there. Oh and a single hermit.

68476_10151235011609029_620522372_n.jpg

Side shot (only side I can see with a camera!)

486218_10151235011814029_809232509_n.jpg

Tha's all for now, got a army of dwarf cerths in there to clean up the little bit of cyano I have seen popping up and the hermit and now a bunch of macro. Hopefully Soon here I can find a prettier light that works better for macros and softies then this crud (but expensive!) LED light.

How do I sell it once I am done! It's Bleh! :lol:

I love it so much!!!! It's going to look even more awesome once you get that black sand in there!!!!! I'll try to find a 12" light for you.

Your the best! Let me know and I will snatch it up! ;)

Hey found this what you think? It'll be a bit long but oh well nothing reliable of the only 12" one I can find.

Let me know can't find it anywhere else and haven't used this vendor. But will probably order it early to mid December so things will stay as is for now. Have the trip to North Carolina in 2 weeks so gotta watch for that.

http://www.directaquarium.com/Current-USA-...8in-p/10478.htm

Hey found this what you think? It'll be a bit long but oh well nothing reliable of the only 12" one I can find.

Let me know can't find it anywhere else and haven't used this vendor. But will probably order it early to mid December so things will stay as is for now. Have the trip to North Carolina in 2 weeks so gotta watch for that.

http://www.directaquarium.com/Current-USA-...8in-p/10478.htm

That is the EXACT one I have. The corals/macros LOVE it!!!!!! I was going to suggest that one but couldn't remember the exact name of it. Looks like you found it :)

That is the EXACT one I have. The corals/macros LOVE it!!!!!! I was going to suggest that one but couldn't remember the exact name of it. Looks like you found it :)

Awesome and it's cheep! Good to know you rock!

Okay I need suggestions on tiny Gobys I want at least 2 pairs that stay under 1.5" and a possum wrasse.

I am looking through and was thinking a pair tank, or we could get singles, because A likes the Court Jester Goby, and I LOVE the Neon Blues and the GBG.

How many Gobys can I get into this 12 gallon nano along with a Pigmy Possum Wrasse?

This is well after adding the sand and then getting more CUC and probably the wrasse to start as the gobys are no strangers. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tail spot blenny.

Input on Nano gobys? A has final say and he Like the TSB, and teh Possum Wrasse and the Court Jester can I fit others in there? I hope I can get another small goby or 2 as I love seeing all the fish perching and seeing something different each time I look.

Not going to overstock but as a softie and Macro tank I don't mind it running a little dirty and would be doing EOD waterchanges. (2-3 gallons)

Okay I need suggestions on tiny Gobys I want at least 2 pairs that stay under 1.5" and a possum wrasse.

I am looking through and was thinking a pair tank, or we could get singles, because A likes the Court Jester Goby, and I LOVE the Neon Blues and the GBG.

How many Gobys can I get into this 12 gallon nano along with a Pigmy Possum Wrasse?

This is well after adding the sand and then getting more CUC and probably the wrasse to start as the gobys are no strangers. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tail spot blenny.

Input on Nano gobys? A has final say and he Like the TSB, and teh Possum Wrasse and the Court Jester can I fit others in there? I hope I can get another small goby or 2 as I love seeing all the fish perching and seeing something different each time I look.

Not going to overstock but as a softie and Macro tank I don't mind it running a little dirty and would be doing EOD waterchanges. (2-3 gallons)

Aren't the court jesters hard to keep? I think they have eating issues similar to mandarins. But I could be wrong. I recommend a bonded pair of neon gobies and some masked gobies!!!!! But, the neons and the GBGs should get along just fine too. They have different swimming habits so they wouldn't really be fighting for the same space. Although, in a small tank, it could make a difference. My neons and masked gobies get along perfectly.

I would think a pair of gobies and the possum wrasse. Or two pairs of gobies and no wrasse. Or one neon, one GBG and one possum wrasse. That would be my recommendation.

Aren't the court jesters hard to keep? I think they have eating issues similar to mandarins. But I could be wrong. I recommend a bonded pair of neon gobies and some masked gobies!!!!! But, the neons and the GBGs should get along just fine too. They have different swimming habits so they wouldn't really be fighting for the same space. Although, in a small tank, it could make a difference. My neons and masked gobies get along perfectly.

I would think a pair of gobies and the possum wrasse. Or two pairs of gobies and no wrasse. Or one neon, one GBG and one possum wrasse. That would be my recommendation.

I still love the Jester.... I have a Mandarin I will just have to wait, so tempting as the LFS has one and he looks so good! Not so sure on the masked guys just not big on the clear fish, too much like FW for me and Drew vetoed them.

I got a yes on the neons, and I have a HUGE hunk of chaeto in there and plan on sand. Apparently they graze on HA and cyano!, and etc all day. I wonder if the one at the LFS eats frozen.......

Although I may go the one of each route...... the possum wrasse is just so damn cute!

So it is going to be a bare bottom? Sweet!

Nope black sanding it just need to wait to order it and whatnot. He get's final say in this one as he found it and brought it home and he wants sand. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I like my little tank. :happy:

IMO a neon or sharknose goby pair and the wrasse is good.

I can't wait for the macros to grow out :)

Cool I will show them two him. I was also thinking a GBG pair as their so cute!

Yes! The black sand. Well that is going to look pretty cool.

I am hoping so, it's going to be at least 1" deep and the rest will go into the sump of the Dual 40s' and then I will hopefully have the T5s' by them and can start adding corals and stock! I am thinking some MaxiMinis and sexys as well. Since it will all be Softies and macros I am not too worried about them messing with my corals. And then I can have some butt shakers. Should they be kept in groups of 3 or is a pair okay?

Have you bought your media rack yet? I'm leaning heavily toward taking down my NC12 this coming week. I'm just not giving it the attention it deserves. This means I'll have an InTank media rack if you are interested? I have to see what the used ones are selling for.

So I think it has been decided a GBG pair, Possum wrasse, and since I will have the awesome T5s' again a maxi mini and 2 sexys if you guys think I can swing it.

Just need the sand! -_-

Have you bought your media rack yet? I'm leaning heavily toward taking down my NC12 this coming week. I'm just not giving it the attention it deserves. This means I'll have an InTank media rack if you are interested? I have to see what the used ones are selling for.

No I have not. The new one is $38 so if you want to get rid of yours I would be more then willing to take that off your hands.

Could send you that Mushroom, and a green hairy mushroom that refuses to attach right now overnight in exchange. Let me check the shipping what's your zip? PM me.

So I think it has been decided a GBG pair, Possum wrasse, and since I will have the awesome T5s' again a maxi mini and 2 sexys if you guys think I can swing it.

Just need the sand! -_-

No I have not. The new one is $38 so if you want to get rid of yours I would be more then willing to take that off your hands.

Could send you that Mushroom, and a green hairy mushroom that refuses to attach right now overnight in exchange. Let me check the shipping what's your zip? PM me.

I think that combination will be perfect for your tank. If I do take down my tank, I'll have a green banded goby to rehome too in addition to my black/white clown. Makes me sad :(

Zip is 91506

Awesome. The top red macro i think is Red dragon (not to be mistaken with Dragons breath, Which you have at the bottom) . Look it up on LA reefs site and see if it matches.

Awesome. The top red macro i think is Red dragon (not to be mistaken with Dragons breath, Which you have at the bottom) . Look it up on LA reefs site and see if it matches.

Will do thanks for the ID. I like it it;s pretty! ;)

Going to move some mushrooms into this guy tomorrow, maybe some palys as well we will see what happens.

Got a Green Fuzzy, a red metallic, and a blue/green one < last two are on one rock.

Will post pics when that's done.

Also got a media rack headed this way :D Thank you my dear, and a pink mushie headed to Cali on Wednesday for it. Can't wait to spread my pink guys around! :D

Why are the GBG on sale NOW! Why can't they wait until we get back and have the sand in the tank! ARGH!

SO should I get the GBG first or get all 3 fish at the same time?

by 3 fish I mean

pair of GBG, and one Dwarf Possum Wrasse.

Then probably maxi minis and some sexys, and a porclean or 2. BLEH It is killing me I can't put anything in there until I can watch it.

You guys think I would be adding too much load putting 3 smal fish in a 12 gallon at once? It has over 20 pounds of rock in it and will have about 20 pounds of sand soon as well.

Can you tell I don't do nanos? :P

Archived