Cultivated Reef

My 2.2L Micro Muse

Criley7

I decided I needed another tank, but I knew my wife wouldn't approve. So I just figured if I set up a tank that was small enough to almost not notice :lol: that she wouldn't even care. Well here is the set up. Once the heater is in over the weekend the tank will be fully set up.

FTS

BwOsz.jpg

Tank

2.2L rimless glass cube(.6g)

Equipment

25w Archaea Mini Aquarium Heater Ultra Slim

Lighting

20k 3x1W Epistar 3W Led Bulb

Filtration

AC20 with inTank media basket

Chaeto

Chemipure elite

Seachem Purigen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice! same reason why i got my 1 gallon. haha

what are your stocking plans? also from my experience; you might not need a heater at all, the small tank tends to stay a few degrees warmer than the ambient temp.

I want it to be a mixed reef, but not 100% and which coral. Most likely as I find something I like I'll add it. Thanks for the heads up with the heater I'll make sure to check my temperature often. I do keep my house at 65 in the winter though.

I want it to be a mixed reef, but not 100% and which coral. Most likely as I find something I like I'll add it. Thanks for the heads up with the heater I'll make sure to check my temperature often. I do keep my house at 65 in the winter though.

same here. but til then you shouldnt need it. ive gotta find a pretty small one, i have no room for a heater at all -_-

FTS

Wow 0.6 gallons.

I am following your progress. Great idea and I have been thinking about setting one up too and have been following Brandon's posts and recommendations.

He has a 1 gallon one as you probably know that has been running well for years !

Wow 0.6 gallons.

I am following your progress. Great idea and I have been thinking about setting one up too and have been following Brandon's posts and recommendations.

He has a 1 gallon one as you probably know that has been running well for years !

Thank You! I have been following Brandon's thread for awhile and go to it when I need to find out something lol. I also Look at other peoples threads that he has commented on and given insight to for other aspects and advice on the sub gallon tanks. A lot of great info! Hopefully this little guy will last years for me as well!

Thank You! I have been following Brandon's thread for awhile and go to it when I need to find out something lol. I also Look at other peoples threads that he has commented on and given insight to for other aspects and advice on the sub gallon tanks. A lot of great info! Hopefully this little guy will last years for me as well!

Good luck with it ... and yes reading all that info is definitely going to help you. Brandon's info is super.

He also posted on my thread on the page before last about "maintenance and feeding" ... you may want to look at it if you wish. Either on the last page or the one just before.

FTS

BwOsz.jpg

Aquascape

LHFeH.jpg

Please feel free to comment on what you can make out from these horrible iPhone pictures. I'm not sure that I really like it yet, but please chime in.

Good buy indeed for $19 ..

Yea Its fully adjustable height wise and angle. And if this thank were upgraded the fixture will work good for a Par30 in the new tank. :D

I'm looking forward to testing my water when I get off work today. I'm ready to add coral and I already have a few pieces of coral in my 60g that have been saved for this tank!

Anyone wanna help me out with some "movement" ideas for this tank? I was think about putting some kind of inverts in the tank, but I didn't want something that I already have or that is in every other tank on this forum. Looking for something unique but not out of this world expensive to buy.

Archived