Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ayobreezie's greenbox mountains

ayobreezie

Technically, not first.. but 2nd attempt, I guess.. First one was about a year and a half ago.. saw some planted tanks, got excited, went and bought a cheap acrylic 10 gallon, Amazonia soil some rocks and a cheap light, planted HC.. then, went to another store and got hooked on reefs. So that lasted about a month.. then, I started cycling a rimless reef.. went from that to a 40 breeder reef.. that lasted a bit.. then, ended up shutting it down when I moved.. tried to control the urge to start again..

...but I started the 40 back up as a FH tank, then just realized I wanted something that required more work and would gain more appreciation.. so I ended up where I am now.. I collected the following throughout the timespan of a couple months.. this is the first time I've planned everything fully before starting.. and it should be ready to get it wet in the next week or so..

Setup:

ADA 60P

FishNeedIt 150W MH fixture

ADA 8000K bulb

Eheim 2215

Aqua Pipes Stainless Steel lily pipes

ADA Thermometer (still had from reef)

ADA c02 Drop Checker

eBay glass bubble counter, check valve, diffuser

Rumford Aquatics Toolset

ADA New Amazonia soil

Aquatek c02 regulator

Paintball adaptor

20 oz paintball tank for now.. still waiting on the 5lb. tank to arrive.

20 or so lbs of Seiryu stones

Pfertz High-Tech Set

Neptune Aquacontroller (from old reef setup) for controlling light schedule, temp, c02, etc.

Flora plans:

Eleocharis sp. belem

Rotala sp. green

Hydrocotyle sp. Japan or Hemianthus micranthemoides

Fauna plans:

unknown

Unsure on hardscape yet. I would like to stay on a minimalist scape, but really can't decide how.

Quick shot of the setup:

IMG_5122.jpg

Hardscape:

IMG_5235.jpg

If I keep this scape, I'll be adding sand to that open path.

Kind'a tired now, so will update tomorrow maybe.

Here's a couple pics of my past reef setups.

IMG_2604.jpg

12012011fts-1.jpg

I tried, but just couldn't resist another tank.. =/.. another reef is coming next.. I know it. Lol.

Archived