SaltCritters.com

50g cube mixed reef - Clown goby eggs!

nut_hatch

Well my newest tank is not looking so nano anymore :P Seeing as I was quickly running out of room in my 12 gallon edge for more corals and wanting to keep more I decided to upgrade (After I saw an amazing deal on this tank of course) :P
Heres some basic info about the tank and the equipment
Tank:
24x24x20 star fire glass cube with an 18 gallon refugium
Rimless tank with black silicone and overflow box

Equipment:

• Reef Keeper elit plus
  • APC
  • ALC
  • SL1
  • 2x PC4
  • Tunze nano stream 6055
  • 2x 150w Jager heaters
  • Coralife super skimmer 65G

Lighting:

• Aqua Illumination Sol Blue

Stock list:

• 2 Clown fish
  • Lawnmower blenny (jumped)
  • Green clown goby (lunch for the bubble coral :blink: )
  • One Mccosker's Flasher wrasse
  • two Yellow clown goby :wub:
  • Two blue mandarin dragonet's
  • Coral Beauty Angel :P

Invertebrates:

• Skunk cleaner shrimp
  • ORA maxima clam
  • Maxi Mini anemone
  • Plethora of snails and hermit crabs
  • Blue Linkia Starfish

Corals:

• Neon green bubble coral
  • Various zoanthids
  • Hammer
  • Frogspawn
  • Torch
  • Various mushrooms
  • ORA Ponape Birdsnest
  • ORA Pink birdsnest
  • Acropora
  • GSP
  • Favia
  • Neon green and green candy cane corals
  • Various leather corals
  • to many to list...

Current FTS
file-13.jpg

Since I could not resist uploading a photo of the tank here it is! The sand is finally starting to clear, and I will upload the better pictures of the whole build process off me camera sometime this week. Sorry for the grainy iPhone picture :P

I went with a minimalistic look with the rock but unfortunately the rock work looks a whole lot better in person :mellow: . When looking at the tank you can see that the big pier is actually more towards the back while the other island is towards the front of the tank. Ill try and capture it better when the sand clears completely. :D

IMG_5412.png

Well here are the pictures of everything going on under the tank. I have protein skimmer but at the moment I have no clue where to put it in the sump <_< .

Picture of the water tray that was added so I wont rot out my cabinet :D

file.jpg

Sump and plumbing. The filter floss was a momentary fix to clean some of the sand out of the water, and it will be there until i get my macro area set up

file-1.jpg

Close ups of the plumbing and wiring, all done by my amazing father because I was clueless on what to do. :huh:

file-4.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

Full tank shot

file-9.jpg

Just a cool angle shot of the tank :P

file-10.jpg

siiiiiick. who makes that sump? scape is awesome too

The sump came with the tank, and thanks :happy:

Most excellent job on the rockwork.

Thank you! I wanted to go for more of a minimalist look this time around B)

Just brought the same tank home!

The tank is great, I love how deep it is, hope you enjoy it!

The cycle has officially started! Im on day three of the cycle showing ammonia and today the ammonia levels dropped slightly and the nitrite levels rose. This is very exciting to me considering my last tank never showed a cycle. :P

I'm thinking of upgrading from my current 14g bio-cube to either a 24" cube or a 36"Lx24"Wx17H but I'm really new to the hobby and don't know much about sumps and such. Mind me asking where you got your tank that included the sump, and how much you paid? I just don't know whether to buy everything separately or try to get as much all together as possible.

I'm thinking of upgrading from my current 14g bio-cube to either a 24" cube or a 36"Lx24"Wx17H but I'm really new to the hobby and don't know much about sumps and such. Mind me asking where you got your tank that included the sump, and how much you paid? I just don't know whether to buy everything separately or try to get as much all together as possible.

PM me with any questions about pricing and the tank, I can send you the link of where I got mine :happy: Free shipping too!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my tank finished cycling last week and I started the slow transfer of corals over, and the two fish. They have been in there about a week and seem fairly happy, I'm still playing around with the settings on the lights -_- . Sorry for how blue the pictures look the White lights start turning on around 9 and I never seem to take pictures then... :P

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-16.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New pictures! sorry about the sandy water right before i took the pictured i dropped my glass cleaning magnet into the sand <_<

Got some awesome new corals recently two ORA birds nest colonies, an acro, more zoanthids, a dendro with a baby head, some neon green candy canes, a blastoma, and a small duncan colony. Rock has some algae growing on it as well as some coralline algae :wub: My baby clam is doing great and has new white growth on the shell, it looks like he is almost 2 inches but not quite. More pictures coming soon!

New Fts with mostly blue lights on

image-1_zpsfa71253d.jpg

image-3_zpse313b3b2.jpg

image-5_zpsef05c5a8.jpg

image-4_zpsab756130.jpg

This looks very white in the picture but its actually a pretty blue, my photography skills with an iPhone are lacking ;)

image-6_zps0bfa2ea1.jpg

image_zpsce245ebd.jpg

image-8_zpsd7c150df.jpg

Looking good mate, love the rockwork!

What is that waterproof materials that you added to the cabinet and how did you attach it? Pretty smart idea :)

Looking good mate, love the rockwork!

What is that waterproof materials that you added to the cabinet and how did you attach it? Pretty smart idea :)

Thank you! I spent a long time deciding how I wanted the rock work and am very happy with the results, its actually only three rocks, two for the tall pier and then the single rock on the side. The plastic pan is just a sheet of black plastic I got a Menards. I cut it to shape then siliconed all the edges with black silicone so it is truly waterproof :)

Tank looks great man!! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Well last night I had my fist experience with a fish carpet/bed surfing. Around one o clock in the morning I got up to get some water. When I laid back down in bed I felt something wet against my leg, I reached under the covers to feel what it was, it was slimy and wiggling! I screamed bloody murder and bolted out of bed to turn on the light to check out what it was, only to find out that it was my lawnmower blenny! So after a second of blankly staring at it I scooped him up and dropped him back into the tank. I then made a makeshift tank cover out of some netting and clothes pins and went back to bed (after doing an inventory of all the fish in the tank). Glad to say he is still doing fine this morning :happy:

• 2 months later...

A lot has gone on in the tank since the last update. I now have a male and female Mandarin dragonet (they are showing a lot of interest in each other :wub: ), they are both eating readily and I'm working on fattening them up before i try to train them on pellets. New corals have been added to the tank an my beloved bubble coral finally died after looking terrible for two months :(. Ill update my stocking list after this is posted and will post a new FTS tomorrow! :happy:

IMG_0831_zpsf5661b8c.jpg

Picture of my blue sponge and my male mandrin (Norbert). :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived