RapidLED Triple Puck LED light fixture

purigen

phosban

hydrocarbon2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a sweet set up!

That reactor is nice but costs a pretty penny. Have you ever thought of a DIY Recirculating Reactor?

Would cost about $70 I was in the process of making one but I am temporarily out of the hobby.

albertthiel
HELLO EVERYBODY! Name's Allen.

Will be filling it with water this coming week. HOPEFULLY

Looks like a real nice set up to start for your tank !

Sounds like a sweet set up!

That reactor is nice but costs a pretty penny. Have you ever thought of a DIY Recirculating Reactor?

Would cost about $70 I was in the process of making one but I am temporarily out of the hobby.

It did cost a couple pretty pennies. Haha. Yea i took the longest time planning out a diy recirc with a tlf 150 reactor but didnt like how much i needed to modify. Long story short, got fustrated and just went ahead and bought one.

and now...

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

excuse the ridiculously yellow incandescent bulb lighting.

It did cost a couple pretty pennies. Haha. Yea i took the longest time planning out a diy recirc with a tlf 150 reactor but didnt like how much i needed to modify. Long story short, got fustrated and just went ahead and bought one.

Well I am sure it will be well worth the money. :wub:

Haha yea! I scrubbed the #### out of it. And removed the back aio section. Cleaned that out and resiliconed it back up. Good as new!

9 hours with several breaks...

This is what i have so far.

09f0ccb6.jpg

Do i add more rock? I have more where that came from.

1aa6cf88.jpg

Nice pillars! A small bit of advice would be to view those rock sculptures directly from above. This will give you a better idea of how the light will hit them and will help you visualize future coral placement.

So im done with my aquascapibg i think. I put the rocks in a water/bleach bath for about an hour and now currently in a water/prime bath. Idk how long i will leave it in that bath for. But im going to bed.

Prob be like 10 hrs b4 i take it out to dry.

Any steps im missing?

Just wanted to make sure my recycled rock from a year ago is dead. I kept them in a 5 gal bucket that still had some stinky water in when i opened it. :/

The rock def smelled horid when i was trying to scape with it

albertthiel
So im done with my aquascapibg i think. I put the rocks in a water/bleach bath for about an hour and now currently in a water/prime bath. Idk how long i will leave it in that bath for. But im going to bed.

Prob be like 10 hrs b4 i take it out to dry.

Any steps im missing?

Rinse rinse and rinse more till you can no longer smell any bleach

Of course anything on it and in it will be dead

Clean carefully so no dead material is left in it that can decay

Rinse rinse and rinse more till you can no longer smell any bleach

Of course anything on it and in it will be dead

Clean carefully so no dead material is left in it that can decay

Great! thanks Albert!

i lived down in suwanee/forsyth ga for about 2 years! wonder why i didn't come across you :(

The scape I worked so hard on.

IMG_1451.jpg

I just noticed the the front piece looks phallic.

and now..i don't like it that much. BAH hahhaha

albertthiel
Great! thanks Albert!

i lived down in suwanee/forsyth ga for about 2 years! wonder why i didn't come across you :(

The scape I worked so hard on.

IMG_1451.jpg

I just noticed the the front piece looks phallic.

and now..i don't like it that much. BAH hahhaha

Yes scopes can come out a little odd sometimes after you put it all together and then look at it from a distance indeed :-)

Unless you really glued it all together you should be able to re-arrange it to your liking though.

On GA ... yes, but Atlanta is so large that it is easy not to run into someone at one of the LFS's even if you visit them regularly. Right now I am in Alpharetta and patronize Pure Reef mostly as the LFS as it is less than 5 miles from where I life.

Great store if you are not familiar with it .. but since you are in Baltimore now it would be somewhat of a long trip :-)

But you can check them out at http://www.purereef.net and see what that store looks like. Just quite a few notches above a lot of others around here in ATL.

Albert

Archived