Top Shelf Aquatics

do_0b 's 7g starfire cube tank

do_0b

Hey guys,

So i decided to go smaller with a small desktop tank and went with a 7g cube thats 12x12x12.

For filtration i decided to go with just live rocks as I didn't like the look of the HOB filter on a clear back tank.

I do 1g water change every other day and top off daily with ro/di water.

For livestock i have a platinum clownfish, mystery wrasse (to take care of my flatworm infestation), torch coral (2 heads), x-men zoas, blue alien zoa, gsp, blue tort, red and green digita, pink bta, green planet frag, and purple passion paly.

Tank is lit with an ecoxotic 12,000k par38 bulb (2b, 3w) and an MP10wES for flow on reefcrest @ 40%.

Please let me know if you have some tips or suggestion would be greatly appreciated :lol:

Here are some pics:

FTS

2z4n7me.jpg

corner shot

2lbdhl5.jpg

desktop shot

30rs200.jpg

i really like this tank. where'd you get the lamp fixture?

thanks ! :lol:

i got the light fixture from ikea

lamp link

just be sure to take off the hood thingy so the bulb doesn't overheat

You are keeping SPS with no filtration other than water changes? I am very interested to follow this thread, subscribed!

You are keeping SPS with no filtration other than water changes? I am very interested to follow this thread, subscribed!

thanks for the subscription! They were frags from my solana that i tore down....we'll see how it goes, so far it seems ok...

Deleted User 4

Nice tank. But don't you think you're overexerting your energy too much? Considering a water change every other day seems pretty tiring ahah. You must have time all the time..lol

Nice tank. But don't you think you're overexerting your energy too much? Considering a water change every other day seems pretty tiring ahah. You must have time all the time..lol

It's ok,

Just a gallon ever other day not too bad...lol

Mm the tank looks great! I've been planning on setting up a tank exactly like this :o , weird huh? Except for a different PAR38 bulb, sand, and on the left side of my computer.... anyways more pictures please :happy:

what would you guys suggest for moonlighting with my current set up? I like the par38 but no actinics kinda crummy :(

what would you guys suggest for moonlighting with my current set up? I like the par38 but no actinics kinda crummy :(

There is a super nice one for par type bulbs. Lemme see if I can find the link.

CWx8j.jpg

mounted to the light just right of the shade.

oh wow didn't even see that lol

cool...i think im gonna buy it

pics when i receive it :lol:

Can you give a quick review of the moonpop light when you get it?

sure but it wont be for another 2 weeks though..

ekslhakjhsdhfkjshjaf

so the power in my condo went out! its been almost 2 hours...really wish i had the vortech battery back up right now :(

I've just been siphoning some water and pouring it back into the tank...any other suggestions you got for me until the power comes back on?

Archived