Top Shelf Aquatics

Trav's 34g Solana

Trav86

6-16-2012

imag0055mu.jpg

The idea for this tank came from being tired of taking care of an 11g and a 15g. I thought, I should get a 30ish tank and just be done with it. I was originally trying to get the JBJ 30g rimless. I had 2 deliveries of that tank that were broken. After having time to change my mind, I went with the Solana superbrite 34g.

Tank: 20" x 20" x 20"

I love these dimensions!

Light: Nanobox 12", 12 LED

Filtration: 2x aquatop internal filters

These are temporary, I'm waiting for the new Tunze Comline filter and Skimmer combo. I decided to make this tank AIOish.

Flow: Vortect MP10

(Picking this up in a couple hours)

Fish: Clown and Firefish

I plan to add 1 or 2 more nano fish. I like the small guys.

Corals: GSP and lots of it!, Pom Pom leather, orange digitata, green cloves, frogspawn.

I plan to add acans, neon trumpet, monti's, millies, and anything else I can get that won't over grow too quickly :P

::::::::::Pictures:::::

I only have a cell phone. I don't know if I should buy a camera just for taking shots of my tank with the LEDS on. But you can get the idea :P

My stand that I actually built myself. Just doing a little stress testing here.

imag0084gs.jpg

Painted the back black. Wonder if the landlord saw I also painted some of my patio by mistake, oopsies.

imag0081fy.jpg

imag0023hz.jpg

My mom brought my nephew over to meet me for the first time. He's from out of state. Like any 8 year old, he was obssessed with the aglae magnet. I cringed when I saw him pick up a bunch of sand and drag it across the glass. I have some very small scratches on the front of the tank now :tears:

Thanks.

I'm having micro bubble issues from my internal filter right now. Driving me nuts. I really need those new Tunze comline filters and skimmers to be released.

You mentioned aquiring more coral and wanting to stay away from those that grow too quickly. Why do you have gsp in your tank? It grows faster than anything and will out compete just about anything you could put in your tank.

You mentioned aquiring more coral and wanting to stay away from those that grow too quickly. Why do you have gsp in your tank? It grows faster than anything and will out compete just about anything you could put in your tank.

Yes. I'm aware of that. It was just a weee little thing when I first got it. I just don't want to get rid of it. It looks very nice the way I have it. Will be a gsp covered cave hopefully. So other than gsp, I don't want any other fast growing corals becuase the gsp taking over is enough haha.

Archived