Coral Vue Hydros

Hamiltons DIY Drilled ADA 60-p

hamiltonra25

hamiltonra25

Took the leap and i am in the process of upgrading from my BC14 to a ADA-60p.

Here are the specs:

1-ADA 60-P

1-DIY Overflow Box

2- 1/2'' Main Drains ( Fully Submerged)

1- 1/2'' Backup Drain ( Just skimming Surface)

1- 1/2'' Return ( Td off onto 2 Innovative Marine Spin Stream)

1-MP10wES

1-Ecotech Radion

So far everything has gone extremely well, no chipping after drilling 4 holes.

The DIY smoked acrylic Overflox Box looks incredible (still need the wiers/teeth)

The specially ordered gray pvc really hides the piping when using the smoked overflow box.

Sump is nearly complete.

Will essentially be a large stevie T media basket.

More photos to come

8oBVO.jpg

SlnXj.jpg

BrShE.jpg

hamiltonra25
I'm confused how this all works :blink:

Looks interesting though!

Not really a big risk taker, so i would rather have 2 - 1/2'' drains than 1 - 3/4'' drain.

The bottom two bulkheads are the two main drains.

The middle bulkhead will be the emergency/ backup drain, this pipe will need to be slightly slanted left or right.

Lastly the top bulkhead will be the return, it will be Td off and head out the overflow box.

• 2 weeks later...
hamiltonra25

Up and running.

Sump is very quiet.

Loving the smoked / see thru acrlyic overflow box.

Transferring everything over at some point today/tonight

2z4bm07.jpg

hamiltonra25
thats sick. love the overflow :D

thanks.

i was a little worried about the look at first, but its been up now for 2-3 days with water and i honestly love it.

the gray pvc is a must though

hamiltonra25
i like that youre gonna have a kinda clear sight of what it going on in there but still kinda hidden. really smart idea imho

thanks. its my first time dealing with a sump and overflow box, so i was a little unsure of all the drains and pipes.

the see thru made it incredibly easy to calibrate the pump and drain flows. think the acrylic cost be about 10 bucks at a local place here in milwaukee. just dremeled the teeth and that was it

You got that up and running pretty fast. Nice work on the overflow, pretty unique with that smoked look.

• 2 weeks later...
hamiltonra25
You got that up and running pretty fast. Nice work on the overflow, pretty unique with that smoked look.

Thanks. Place out in New Berlin sells acrylic so i thought it was pretty unique.

Had a little issue with a bulkhead that cracked.

Long story short the tank came down for about a week, while i was searching for a replacement bulkhead.

Ended up removing the spinstreams, and just went with two outflows, much cleaner looking.

Also removed all the sand, will post pic tonight

• 1 year later...

I noticed this tank is for sale locally and was wondering why a 5th hole was added. Obviously the seller is not the original owner so I figured I would ask.

PMd you. Not sure where the 5th hole came from as you can see I only had 4, and sold it as such.

Depends where new owner put the 5th hole but there isn't a ton of room for another hole which may lead to some cracking.

I wouldn't buy unless I saw it full of water and running, like I did when in sold it. Gl

Archived