ReefCleaners.org

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

mygolfisslow

mygolfisslow

! THE EcoTech Radion ClubHouse !

with the growing popularity and customization of settings for this new light form ecotech, there needs to be a place where owners can talk about there settings there experiences, maybe complain a little.

there is a AI club why not have a radion club?

i want this this thread to be the goto spot on NR for info on this light and its software, but i can't do it alone. i know there are some of you out there that have this lamp and know more about it than i, please feel free to jump in and share.

i hope this tread goes where i want it to. i will keep page 1 up to date.

post a link to your thread and tank size ....... and i will add you to the members section.

info

current software version: 1.2.4463.27325 RC7

current firmware version: 01.03.32

software download

members

mygolfisslow shallow happy land 1 xr30w over 30gal shallow

SoCalDude SoCal's 60g cube 1 xr30w over 60gal cube

Criley7 Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube 1 xr30w over 60gal cube

Spirofucci Rio Grande Max by Spirofucci 1 xr30w over red-sea max 130d

bug Bug's Do!Aqua 60f 1 xr30w over do!aqua 60f

shayarnett shay's 40b 1 xr30w over 40b

Beau13 Beau's 28g sps 1 xr30w over 28g AIO

Tbone675 tbones back in the game solana 1 xr30w over solana cube

Hamiltonra25 Hamiltons DIY Drilled ADA 60-p 1 xr30w over ADA 60-p

TheKleinReef Roger's Radion Reef 1 xr30w over 29 gal

Boboli ........ info to come

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mygolfisslow

i will start off. i picked this light up a few days ago. i have been running leds for about 3 years now. with a few DIY lamps, and a boost mu. and so far i have been blown away by the radion.

there is no color banding at all the full spectrum leds blend so well. with the software you can adjust the color temp to just about any kelvin rating you want. customizable sunup sunset is like none i have ever seen. i really am super impressed the radion. the software is still a bit buggy and there are a few things i would like to see in the future, but the folks at ecotech seem to be sending out updates pretty often.

2181ccc8.jpg

current settings

630am rb100, b10 @2% moon

800am rb100, g10, r10 @5%

930am rb100, b75, w10, g10, r20 @30%

1200pm 12k @40%

230pm 14k @50%

500pm 18k @50%

700pm 20k @40%

800pm rb100, b75, r25 @25%

900pm rb100, g5, r5, @10%

10pm rb100 @3% moon

SouthFlorida_Tron
come on if this gets big we can have a AI vs radion club dodge ball tournament :lol:

It's on like donkey kong biiiattttchhhh!

I think Kgoldy started one but it didn't really take off and it kept getting burried due to lack of participation. I like this! Add me to the list!!!!

I also like that your are giving shiit to those poor AI slobs. :)

I think Kgoldy started one but it didn't really take off and it kept getting burried due to lack of participation. I like this! Add me to the list!!!!

I also like that your are giving shiit to those poor AI slobs. :)

+1

OK, so here's my set up:

Two months ago I replaced my very good stock RSM lights with a Radion. It is ceiling mounted with the ecotech mounting kit. It is about 8-9" above the water. I have it set on natural mode at 100% from 10:am to 11:00pm. No clouds or storms.

So far I'm very pleased. In the near future I'd like to keep the natural mode type settings, will go to arttifical so I can prolong the 100% intensity time at the top of the curve for more prolonged periods. Also, natural mode does not allow for a night mode, so I'd like to add that as well.

mygolfisslow

Spirofucci, added you to the list. thanks for sharing your settings.

i also think its silly not to have a moon light option in natural mode.

Spirofucci, added you to the list. thanks for sharing your settings.

i also think its silly not to have a moon light option in natural mode.

I agree about the moonlight thing! It even shows it on the natural mode graph. Maybe a software update in the future??

POS radion I shoulda got an AI. LOL!

When I finally get round to posting a proper thread and FTS... you have to add me :lol: (please lol)

it's sitting over my do!aqua 60F (i think I'm inventing names of tanks here)

Absolutely love my Radion :wub:

mygolfisslow
When I finally get round to posting a proper thread and FTS... you have to add me :lol: (please lol)

will do. you should post a FTS in this thread.

Count me in I love my radion!

I'll add some pics later, let's keep this thread going as I'm looking forward to sharing info with all the other radion owners out there.

mygolfisslow
Count me in I love my radion!

I'll add some pics later, let's keep this thread going as I'm looking forward to sharing info with all the other radion owners out there.

Will do. Please post a link to your thread and some info about your tank. Also if you like please share your radion settings.

I have to update my tank thread and get some pics up, but I'm running two radions over my 57 gal. Pics and info to come!

mygolfisslow

my new settings .... gunna run it a few weeks and add some more

8:00 rb6 @1%moon,

9:00 rb65, g4, r8, @5%

11:15 rb100, b20, g6, r6, @90%

12:30 14k @55%

2:00 12k @65%

3:30 12k @65%

5:30 14k @65%

7:00 20k @55%

8:00 rb100, b40,r25 @50%

9:00 rb100, r5 @10%

10:00 rb6 @1% moon

lets keep this going

mygolfisslow
Add me in! I'll post settings and info as soon as I can!

Please do I think I may have mine to high as things are getting pale

mygolfisslow

added some new folks to page 1( beau and shay) welcome.

also added link to software download and current software/firmware versions.

lets see some settings, i would like to see how far some of you are pushing this light on smaller tanks. there is a bunch of people on that other sight but they all have huge deep tanks.

i managed to get mine up to about 65% and my sps started to look a bit pale, so i brought it back down to about 55%. i dont want to over do it as i only have 11in of water.

I'm in the club! just picked it up tonight. it will replace my NEP over my solana. I'm going to play with the settings and config utility and put up the hanging kit this weekend.

added some new folks to page 1( beau and shay) welcome.

also added link to software download and current software/firmware versions.

lets see some settings, i would like to see how far some of you are pushing this light on smaller tanks. there is a bunch of people on that other sight but they all have huge deep tanks.

i managed to get mine up to about 65% and my sps started to look a bit pale, so i brought it back down to about 55%. i dont want to over do it as i only have 11in of water.

Hey, thanks again for keeping this thread up!

I want to mess more with the settings, but I have a very crappy laptop that makes it very difficult. I need a 30 ft extension cord for my PC upstaires, lol.

mygolfisslow
I'm in the club! just picked it up tonight. it will replace my NEP over my solana. I'm going to play with the settings and config utility and put up the hanging kit this weekend.

welcome, you will not be disappointed. i will add you to the list.

Archived