ReefCleaners.org

My 3 gallons of awesomesawse

ReefersEdge

ReefersEdge

This is my build thread for my 2.75g display pico.

here is my 5.5g tank and abs plastic dividers. there will be a display, fuge, and sump.

IMAG0240.jpg

here it is all put together.

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

here you can see that i painted both side of the tank where the sump is, i even left a stripe unpainted so i can see my water level.

IMAG0246.jpg

heater and pump in the 3rd chamber

IMAG0256.jpg

ReefersEdge

now onto the aquascape.

cardboard box used for a template.

IMAG0259.jpg

the rock used for the scape

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

one of the rocks i made with some epoxy

IMAG0262.jpg

gaberosenfield

I've always wanted to make a little AIO, maybe a bit bigger than this, but I definitely plan on doing it eventually. Where did you get the ABS dividers with teeth already cut? Or did you cut them to size and cut the teeth?

ReefersEdge

This is how it sits right now. i do plan to built a hood for it, also the fuge isnt done yet (need to add sand and some macro).

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

I've always wanted to make a little AIO, maybe a bit bigger than this, but I definitely plan on doing it eventually. Where did you get the ABS dividers with teeth already cut? Or did you cut them to size and cut the teeth?

I actually just got a few scrap a plastic company had laying around and cut to fit and cut the teeth my self

Sweet build, welcome to the contest! Glad to see another thread up and running, and another unique build to add to the list! :) Good luck!

contest judge

Meta

ReefersEdge
Sweet build, welcome to the contest! Glad to see another thread up and running, and another unique build to add to the list! :) Good luck!

contest judge

Meta

Thanks bro

Thats a really great idea!

Maybe one day I could do something like that to my spare 3g tank...., to many projects in my head... gotta get back to studying xD

following!

jb

dallasprstn

how are you liking your light fixture? I got the same one, and velcro'd a true lumen strip on for moonlights. i'm digging the color actually, I think it looks pretty nice.

ReefersEdge
Very creative start, I like your design!

MG

Thanks Mike.

how are you liking your light fixture? I got the same one, and velcro'd a true lumen strip on for moonlights. i'm digging the color actually, I think it looks pretty nice.

Im loving it, its almost to blue though. I have not done anything for moon lights yet. Im building a hood for the tank to help hide cords and the light for the fuge and such, so ill prolly add them into the hood. I cant wait to start adding corals to see how they like the light.

dallasprstn
Thanks Mike.

Im loving it, its almost to blue though. I have not done anything for moon lights yet. Im building a hood for the tank to help hide cords and the light for the fuge and such, so ill prolly add them into the hood. I cant wait to start adding corals to see how they like the light.

call me craz but I love the blue, I wish it was even a little more blue lol. and yeah the wires were killing me. you should check out my thread to see how I hid them. lots and lots of zip ties!

also, you're so right...I wanna see the coloration of them under the LEDs.

ReefersEdge
call me craz but I love the blue, I wish it was even a little more blue lol. and yeah the wires were killing me. you should check out my thread to see how I hid them. lots and lots of zip ties!

also, you're so right...I wanna see the coloration of them under the LEDs.

yeah the more i look at the tank the more im thinking its not too blue. your tank is looking good and i do like your wire management but im still going to build a hood. ive got this pretty sick idea that if i can pull off will send everyone into a mind twist and will have everyone blowing down before me. lol :bowdown::wacko:

ReefersEdge
I noticed you're in Memphis, TN. I'm in Franklin, just south of Nashville.

oh yeah, i know franklin. you going to the swap in nashville on the 14th?

ReefersEdge
Heck no. What LFS do you go to?

why not?

i got to the ones here in memphis (kermits reef and memfish). i was in nashville about a month ago and stopped by a lfs while i was there, i cant remember the name of it but it was a nice place, looking forward to stopping back there next time im in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
ReefersEdge

TIME FOR AN UPDATE

got my sand in the tank

IMG_1295.jpg

the hitch hiker clam thats on one of my rocks

IMG_1334.jpg

the red star i picked up yesterday

IMG_1333.jpg

i left him some algae to graze on

IMG_1336.jpg

ill be adding the first couple of frags tonight and tomorrow.

ReefersEdge
I can't believe you got a clam as a hitchhiker... that's insane.

Yeah it is! He is about the size of a quarter.

On a side note the fragging and movement of coral from my "big" tank to the pico had to be put off due to the fact that i had my daughter (she is 2) and she wanted so badly to help that she was just getting in the way and making it dificult. So it is happening tonight.

ReefersEdge

Well its time for another update.

pics of the frags i added on 4/6/2012

green palys

IMG_1338.jpg

green/blue shroom

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

some form of green lps (hitch hiker)

IMG_1364.jpg

chili pepper monti

IMG_1365.jpg

brown monti

IMG_1366.jpg

whats turning out to be gold and orange acans

IMG_1367.jpg

green striped shroom

IMG_1368.jpg

bright red shroom

IMG_1370.jpg

tiny frag of neon green leather

IMG_1371.jpg

pink palys

IMG_1372.jpg

GSP on a magnet on the back glass

IMG_1382.jpg

FTS

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

Drip acclimating the zebra hermits i added last night.

IMG_1396.jpg

The three small ones went into the display, one large one went into my fuge, and the other two large ones went into my big tank.

Archived