Coral Vue Hydros

The Official PicO Aquariums owners thread

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

This is a list of known build threads with PicO Aquariums Units.

There's been quite a evolution in the product over the last few years thanks to all of you!

Please send me a quick PM with a link to your build thread to be added to the list

• Like 1
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Just announced Freight shipping so let your buddies know I can finally take care of them down there in paradise TRON :P

+1

bdaniel5278

looks like your picos are getting very widely noticed Chris, which is a good thing, because these are awesome tanks. I cant wait to see what you continue to do in building your company. Great work!

russell_wiley

Just ordered my Manta Ray 18 w/ fuge light. Also an AI Nano w/controller & Vortech MP10ES. Oh, and a Gnome Glass skimmer! I will be adding my Litermeter III for dosing 2 part, a KW300 Kalk reactor, Tunze ATO, and eventually an Apex Jr. Can anyone think of what I am missing? (other than fish, sand coral & LR?

I can't wait! Let me know when those glass cleaners become available!

Thanks,

Russ

PicO Aquariums

PM me what you want on it Russ and I will get you a price. They are on the back burner for the moment so I can get the Skimmer and overflow kits on the market. I can make one for you though!

I haven't seen these tanks in person so I'm curious about the price/quality... How do they compare to say ADA's craftsmanship? The price point appears to be a little higher than an ADA so I'm curious if the quality can compete? Please don't take my post negatively, I'm thrilled if we can get more options available, but not sure I want to pay more than ADA... Thanks for any feedback! I look forward to what is next!!!

Getting my measurements and requirements sorted for a custom FOWLR, for my new house. Good pricing so far, and quick replies to my email.

Hope to get going soon! B)

Nice I guess I will have to get my Barracuda back from my brother, you used to make a smaller tank I think it was called the Orca do you still make them thinking about setting one up on my desk.

PicO Aquariums

I didn't sell many of them because they are so difficult to maintain I think so I pulled them this year.

I can build one for you no problem.

Nice I guess I will have to get my Barracuda back from my brother, you used to make a smaller tank I think it was called the Orca do you still make them thinking about setting one up on my desk.
I haven't seen these tanks in person so I'm curious about the price/quality... How do they compare to say ADA's craftsmanship? The price point appears to be a little higher than an ADA so I'm curious if the quality can compete? Please don't take my post negatively, I'm thrilled if we can get more options available, but not sure I want to pay more than ADA... Thanks for any feedback! I look forward to what is next!!!

Sorry, I won't be able to answer your question because I've never seen an ADA tank, although I have considered them seriously. I do think the craftsmanship in PicO is very nice, but they also have rear chambers with filtration and mini-refugium, which are features explains at least part of the added cost. Anyway, I see no reason to take your post negatively.

PicO Aquariums

~Seam width is minimized for better viewing

~Bubbles are minimized with low humidity curing and assembly.

~High strength sealant

~Custom sizing and options

~They are available for purchase and not always"OUT OF STOCK"

~Made in the USA

~Genuine customer service in a timely manner

PicO is a very small startup and I just can't compete with the big guys when it comes to cost but I try to make up for it with 1 on 1 customer service and quality. This has been a hobby for the last few years but it is quickly growing into something more due to the support of the community.

Macro shots

6841720991_d8754116c9_z.jpg

6841722211_898e4071ef.jpg

6841722819_69e36e6160.jpg

6841723125_f752c73bf3_z.jpg

6841723493_38d4c49ec9_z.jpg

6904074577_53d9ce31fd.jpg

6904076455_6193566e7c_z.jpg

7026703907_df8ba67ddb_z.jpg

6920484971_7df813e83c_z.jpg

Awesome,thanks for the pics and feedback! Think I'll get you a shot when I do my next tank! :). Naked of course! Woo Hoo!

PicO Aquariums
Awesome,thanks for the pics and feedback! Think I'll get you a shot when I do my next tank! :). Naked of course! Woo Hoo!

Yea what a great idea on the name right?

I should look up some of the referring sites for the naked series sometime i'm sure it would get a few laughs :lol:

Wooo. All ordered up. Can't wait to get it. I seriously hate PayPal..... But everything smooth so far. :)

18x18x10 all starphire.

Out searching for a good par38 light housing, now. Hurry up 3 weeks!!!

PicO Aquariums

Its gonna be a cool tank for sure. I was looking at the design again tonight after printing your invoice and I am totally digging these tall tanks.

Mine is all ordered up too as of Friday! 30"L X 20" W X 16" H all starphire glass. Custom sump area etc... Can't wait!!! Now I just have to find a stand or make my own

The build process email was a nice touch. Put a big smile on our faces (the wife and I).

One question. Can you black out the rear for us? It will partially be hiding the wires and bits. Would that be extra? If so, any recommendations for a tiny DIY for that?

Mine is all ordered up too as of Friday! 30"L X 20" W X 16" H all starphire glass. Custom sump area etc... Can't wait!!! Now I just have to find a stand or make my own

Looking at those same dimensions! Care to share how you customized your sump area?

Also, what are you going to use as a stand?

Looking at those same dimensions! Care to share how you customized your sump area?

Also, what are you going to use as a stand?

I replied on my thread about the sump area and im going to make my own stand

Archived