ReefCleaners.org

Wolfador's 56G Column

wolfador

Here is my new tank, just finished moving everything over from my 10G.

"Specs:"

Marineland 56G Column

Koralia 750 & 1050

2x Jager 150watt heaters

HOB Reef Octopus BH90 Skimmer

53lbs custom designed, dry rock from reefrocks.net

Aquaclear 70 as HOB Fuge

2x Ai Nano LED lights

Reef Angel+ Controller

Current FTS:

20120318191452.jpg

The Reef Angel+ is configured to control the following:

Ai Nanos, currently controlled together, working on separate control

Fuge light

both heaters

Feed mode / Water change mode is configured to turn off all the pumps

I created a "flow" feed mode that turns off the skimmer and fuge but leaves the powerheads on.

I was going to use the koralia's on the wavemaker but I think I got a bad 1050 from amazon as it sometimes jams on startup. Going to see if I can exchange it but I will be going with Vortechs soon.

Just after adding water, using my old Odessa 20" for lighting

photoknc.jpg

After getting sand, skimmer and 1st light mounted:

20120310154143.jpg

Night shot:

20120317230629.jpg

That is a nice tank! I have never seen one like that before!

Thanks, I think they are not so popular as they are hard to scape because they are tall which is why I went with a custom designed rock scape. Also they have a center brace which makes lighting difficult which is why I went with two nano's vs 1 sol.

Cool tank, I'll be interested to see how the 2 nanos do with coral ~36" away on the sandbed. :)

The sand bed is only about 30" away. The dimensions are 30" x 18" x 24" and the lights are right about 6" off the water. I had them a bit higher but they had a lot more spillover outside the tank.

The sand bed is only about 30" away. The dimensions are 30" x 18" x 24" and the lights are right about 6" off the water. I had them a bit higher but they had a lot more spillover outside the tank.

Either way, it's high. I didn't mean to it imply it wouldn't work, I'm just interested in seeing the capabilities of the lights. :)

Either way, it's high. I didn't mean to it imply it wouldn't work, I'm just interested in seeing the capabilities of the lights. :)

Hopefully it works okay as I am planning on getting a maxima for the sandbed. AI assured me that the nano's would work fine. They could have easily sold me SOL's.

• 8 months later...
Hopefully it works okay as I am planning on getting a maxima for the sandbed. AI assured me that the nano's would work fine. They could have easily sold me SOL's.

How's your tank lookin?

Archived