2nd Chamber- Ceramic Rings, Chemi-Pure Elite, Filter Floss

Lighting:

1 18 watt 50/50(10k/Blue) CF lamp

2 Blue LEDs

post-72413-1332014841_thumb.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about reaquascaping my tank tomorrow. Any suggestions? If i should or shouldn't or how i should scape it.

Never believe instant ocean hydrometer. I thought i had perfect SG. It turned out that my SG was 21! Always use a refractometer.

My new ricordea is not opening fully. I think it is because of too much flow. Any way here's a pic

sorry for the bad pic i took it with my phonepost-72413-1332377641_thumb.png

Pic of my bangaii cardinal that diedhttp://www.nano-reef.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifpost-72413-1332377886_thumb.png

Looks like it's coming along nicely! Really looking forward to seeing you fill this guy.

Thank you for being the first person that is not me to comment

Pic of my bangaii cardinal that diedhttp://www.nano-reef.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifpost-72413-1332377886_thumb.png

Thank you for being the first person that is not me to comment

I am sorry the cardinal didn't make it.

No worries I know how it goes my thread was on here for almost a month until someone posted. Usually it's Joel, he is really awesome about giving help and feedback to everyone. I just beat him to the punch.

I really like your tank the scape is good and you have some nice first frags. They will grow quickly for you!

My new ricordea is not opening fully. I think it is because of too much flow. Any way here's a pic

sorry for the bad pic i took it with my phonepost-72413-1332377641_thumb.png

Might be too much light.... mine are in pretty high flow and seem happy with it......

See if you can't move them down to the sand bed until they get used to your tank.

I have 3 WPG and the camera on my phone makes it look like there is a lot more light then there actually is.

I would try moving them down just for a few days, see if they open more. Most rics are lover light and you have plenty.

Tank looks awesome though! ;)

What's wrong with my Xenia?(left unhealthy xenia)(right healthy xenia)

Params

pH:8.0

SG:1.023

nitrate:20ppm

nitrite:0ppm

ammonia:0-.25ppm

3 Watts per gallonpost-72413-1332538256_thumb.pngpost-72413-1332538264_thumb.png

I am thinking about getting aquastyle 12x3 watt LEDs. Any thoughts on them. Also i am hopefully going to get some more snails today. My CUC is so tiny. Maybe some Nassarius Snails or Margaritas.

Re they 2 different frags on different sides of the tank?

Ammonia should always be 0, if it is not something died off in the tank and you need to do a WC.

Try placing the Xenia in a Moderate flow area with Moderate lighting. Mine loves to have a small current over it.

Tested ammonia today. 0ppm. Also went to the LFS and got a scooter blenny, feather duster, and 2 margarita's. Pics coming soon

Re they 2 different frags on different sides of the tank?

Ammonia should always be 0, if it is not something died off in the tank and you need to do a WC.

Try placing the Xenia in a Moderate flow area with Moderate lighting. Mine loves to have a small current over it.

the xenia's are right next to each other

I'd take the scooter back. They are very specialized feeder and need a mature tank. I just don't think he will find enough food in a 6 gallon with 2 other good sized fish. I'm even hesitant to put one in a future 60 gallon (they need lots and lots of Pods to eat).

3 days ago you had ammonia, I would wait until ammonia is 0 for at least a week before adding anything else. Definitely no more fish since a domino damsel is going to get huge. A 6 gallon is really only big enough for 1 clown :( Sorry.

If I were you I would research fish before getting them.

Scooter's get up to 5" long and are difficult feeders. They are dragonets and eat only pods in the wild. In our home aquaria many starve. Even if they end up eating other types of food, they have a high metabolism and need many feedings to keep alive.

Scooter Blennies

Like I said in the last post a clownfish really fully stocks this tank.

Archived