Coral Vue Hydros

36 gallon LPS delight

Swanwillow

Full tank shot as of 3-1-12

DSCN0559.jpg

I decided to just start a new thread for my tank. Its been upgraded so much from what I started with that its time.

Equipment

unknown 36 gallon tank

20-30 lbs of sand

Vortech MP10

Maxijet 400 with the fan type of flow

RKL running lights :

10am-10pm actinic (2 blue stunner strips, 1 uv stunner strip)

11am-9pm 150 watt Sunlight Supply Reef Optix 3 Plus Pendant with a 14k Pheonix bulb and a 150 watt Icecap ballast

duel heaters, running through the RKL to keep temp at 80.0

HOB eshopps overflow

Eshopps PSK 100 (skimmer)

Return-I completely forget which pump I'm using, lol

10 gallon under tank sump

Livestock

tiger tail Cucumber

9 acan lord colonies

yellow Birdsnest

pink birdsnest

Red and Green plating Montiporas

Red, Green, Platinum BTA

Stylopora

Red encrusting montipora

Pocillipora

4 mini maxi anemones

Trumpet Coral colony

Duncan colony

Multiple zoanthid colonies (15+ different types. Purple Death, Cherry Charms, Iron Butterflies, Fruit Loops, etc.)

Monastrea

Goniastrea

Lobo

Pagoda

green scoly

4 different favia type corals (reverse prism, dragon soul prism, 2 'unknown')

war coral **yes, another favia, lol**

green plate coral

2 ricordea

Grani palys

3 different blasto frags

3 different chalices (alien eye, golden, and 'red and blue')

2 A. Barberi (barberi clownfish)

1 Trimma goby

1 red scooter dragonnette

cherub angel (in sump, coral eater!)

various clean up crew:emerald crab, nass snails, dwarf cerith snails, 4 hermit crabs

feather duster

Cats paw

Green star polyps that are confined to the back of my Piranha float

History:

My tank was started a year ago as a 25 gallon mr. aqua cube with a panorama light over it. I wasn't getting enough light, flow, and I felt room for what I wanted. I also have gone through a crash that killed off a lot of corals, various sump set ups, etc.

At this current time I am trying to simply let things grow, but oh its so hard. I would love another ricordea, and I always can find room for chalices. I currently dose Vit. C to try to get keep my nutrients in the water column down.

CURRENTLY I have an issue with cyano, likely due to my large bioload for the tank. I'm hoping to either set up my 25 for the cherub angel, or find him a new home. That should remove a lot of the bio load on my tank. So a few recent pics~!

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

Is that the duncan hanging off the rock kind of in the top right? It looks huge!

Nice job :) I also am curious why you consider your tank to have a large bioload? I always thought that a 36g with a 10g sump could house 5 fish no problem? Just curious :)

Top right are BTA's. My duncan in those pics is in the sandbed. Its got over 20 polyps now.

And because no matter how much flow, how much light or how little light, how much I feed or don't feed-I can't be rid of the %$#%$# cyano!

Ohhh, yeah, my green BTA folds itself in half. And yes, for some reason-even in the previous owners tank-that BTA has had a white foot. It does look an awful lot like a skeleton. Its moved itself right under the MH, half shaded half direct... and it stays white white.

thanks! I already had to change it though. My zoas were bleaching up on top of the rock on the left, its in the sandbed now infront of the pillar, and the rics are up where they were. So now its not as tall, but everything is happy.

• 3 months later...
Swanwillow

Will take pics tomorrow.

I have exactly the corals I want LPS wise, zoanthid wise, and etc. But for some reason my sps and some lps are taking a hit. Think its temperature swings. Hopefully ya'll can give me advice tomorrow.

Archived