Coral Vue Hydros

Le Salty Clam

Traggs

New to the Reef game but pumped to get it started. This is what I'm working with.

Tank Started 3.4.2012

x27tZz6.jpg

FTS. 4.4.2014

lveCY91.jpg

FTS. 5.12.13

sOyG1GS.jpg

FTS 8.9.2013

5u8dPrj.jpg

FTS 1.19.2013

Xhbiy.jpg

FTS 5.23.2012

O2ang.jpg

FTS 4.22.2012

Tank

30 gallon JBJ RL-30 Nano Cube 23.6x19.7x16.5

Lighting
Marineland Reef Capable 18' LED Took a Swim
JBJ Unibody 54
JBJ Nano Glow 4

Equipment
JBJ ato w/ Tom Aquarium Products Aqualifter AW 20
Fluval M100 Heater
Koralia 240 Pump
Reef Keeper Lite - 2 PC4

In Tank
30 lbs Live Rock
30 lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
Oceanic Natural SeaSalt Mix
Cheato
ChemiPure-Elite

Hitchhikers
White Pulsing Xenia
Stomatella
Peanut Worm
Fancy Brittle Sea Star
Mystery Crab (He's a one clawed lil badazz)

CUC
9 Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crabs
3 Nassarius Snails
3 Banded Trochus Snails
2 Margarita Snails
2 Nerite Snails

Fish
Ocellaris Clownfish
Tail Spot Blenny CUC Meal -_-
6 Line Wrasse Ich
Starki Damselfish

Redhead Salon Fairy Wrasse Damsel didn't like him. :(

Inverts
Bubble Tip Anenome- Green w/purple tips

Sexxy Shrimp :wub:

Halloween Urchin

Softies

Toadstool Leather

Mushrooms
Red Mushroom

Blue Mushroom

Orange(Green Mouth) Ricordea

Purple Ricordea

LPS
Green Eye Cup Coral Bleached Out
Purple Tip Frogspawn
Green Polyp Duncan
Favia Brain Coral

Zoa Garden
Vivid Stinger (UFO)
Radioactive Dragon Eye
Pink Auroras
Wobbegong WOW
Blowpop (Eye of Rah morph) Melted

Blue Death

My tank came earlier this week and it was shattered so I'm still waiting to get this going. :o
HGFiF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1000 posts doesn't mean anything when it's junk.

How is that helpful?

Do you have the lighting yet? If not you should probably research how bright they are. I don't think the 18" model would be enough.

ya, i heard the marineland led isnt very strong, i think?

i really like the name of this thread, i wish ihad come up with it... :rant:

Unfortunately I already purchased the Marineland only to find out later it is not the best. I'm gonna start off with fish and then ease my way into corals. I see a lighting upgrade in my future.

Right now I just want the tank to come in one piece..

Well it shouldn't be too large of an issue. From what I hear the spread from front to back is rather narrow, but it is enough for low-med light corals.

• 1 month later...
nyknicks4412
Well it shouldn't be too large of an issue. From what I hear the spread from front to back is rather narrow, but it is enough for low-med light corals.

did this thread just die?

I'v been MIA since my Camera took a dookie, but I got a new GoPro Hero2 yesterday. As for lighting my marineland decided to go swimming in my tank so fixed my lighting issues. I now have a JBJ unibody 54 and I love it.

Newest edition is this deep green BTA. About 3" in diameter.

Tk2Jx.jpg

My BTA sits in the skull of my T-Rex rock.

I call it my T-Rex rock because IT LOOKS LIKE A MOFO'in TREX!!!

See for yourself...

8cf3C.jpg

iBzeX.jpg

Deleted User 4

hahah thanks, but nahhh, getting rid of that cube, I am going rimless, already ordered from chris on picoaquariums.com, can't wait!! going shallow too, manta ray 18 ^^

• 4 weeks later...
I received my JBJ Rimless 30 on Friday. Looks like yours :lol:

imag0052bm.jpg

I was so bummed out when my tank came like that! Did you order through Marinedepot? Thats where I ordered from and they shipped it way better the second time around.

Yes, it was through Marine Depot. They shipped a new one within the hour. I had read a couple post about this happening when I researched the tank. One was probably yours. I thought, what could be the chances of it happening to me too? Heh. I was pretty pissed. I really wanted to see the tank. Still waiting on the stand so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

It seemed to be packed well. The JbJ box was inside another huge box with about a million peanuts. My cat went nuts lol.

Yes, it was through Marine Depot. They shipped a new one within the hour. I had read a couple post about this happening when I researched the tank. One was probably yours. I thought, what could be the chances of it happening to me too? Heh. I was pretty pissed. I really wanted to see the tank. Still waiting on the stand so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

It seemed to be packed well. The JbJ box was inside another huge box with about a million peanuts. My cat went nuts lol.

Haha I had to keep my kittys from getting in there and possibly getting cut. My tank was shattered even with the box within a box shipping. The second time I received my tank there was sprayed insulation foam between the boxes which could probably get hit by a bat and not break it....makes you wonder why they don't just do that every time. :huh:

+1, I really like your scape. It looks pro.

Thanks! I must have rescaped 5+ times and its actually different since my last pics of it. I think I have found my happy scape. :happy:

5.23 Update

Side shot of my T-Rex rock and his new Mohawk cut

:lol: ! My new Starki Damsel staring back at me!

sMTEV.jpg

Close up on my lil Duncan I picked up from the LFS for $10. Photobomb compliments of my Clown.

zmKN1.jpg

Deleted User 4

lolol The head really resembles a t-rex head. Any more pics on the corals you got there, what about fts?

lolol The head really resembles a t-rex head. Any more pics on the corals you got there, what about fts?

Indeed it does!!! Your wish is my command... (FTS) on page one.

Pretty common but Frogspawn is one of my favorite corals

lIvuZ.jpg

Close up of the newest edition :D in front of the zoa garden.

3QtDP.jpg

The lone Astrea snail remaining and Red Mushroom (1st coral I got).

dG8zG.jpg

I have a rogue hermit that is slowly killing my snails...He is unlike all my other hermits in that he has white tipped legs and oversized pinchers... :huh:

Archived