Coral Vue Hydros

Reefcleaners.org

ccapasso

Just another reason why reefcleaners is so great:

I needed to get 2 CUC; 1 for me Pico and on for my 55g. I emailed John and after a few discussions we had worked out what I needed.

I already had a CUC in my 55g, but I didn't order from reefcleaners originally. I got it from a LFS. John helped me determine what would be best as additions to my current CUC!

After everything was said and done, I ended up putting in 2 separate orders since they were for 2 different tanks. John was nice enough to ship them out separately so that I knew which box was for which tank.

Granted, I was quite scared when the usps truck showed up and only dropped off one package...but then they came back with my 2nd.

Needless to say, I have everything and couldn't be happier.

The 5.5 Quick Crew is going in now and the 55g supplement crew will go in when I get home.

Here are some pics of my 5.5 Quick Crew:

Entire Order

2012-02-23160628.jpg

5 Dwarf Ceriths I'm starting to see why everyone says John can't count :P

2012-02-23160645.jpg

Thanks again for the great service!

I love reading things about Reefcleaners! Its fun to see what people ordered and what they get from John! I ordered 3lbs or his awesome Florida reef rock and got ~8lbs that were awesome pieces!

Your welcome Chris! It was a pleasure to have you to the store twice in one week, a model for other hobbyists for sure. :D:P

Thanks John!

I do have a question for you though:

Any chance putting in a CUC this size would cause a mini cycle? After I put the crew in my 55g, I've been getting the following:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296334

Whatever it is, I can remove it by simply hitting it with air/water with a turkey baster. Not sure what it is though. If you have any ideas/thoughts/suggestions, I'd welcome them :)

I would just remove it by hand, looks like 2 hair algae strands with bubble caught on them.

Ok thanks. I have been removing it with a turkey baster. It seems to come back every morning, but the snails seem to get it at night. I was afraid it was Calothrix or Dinoflagellates. It isn't sticky or slimy. It just blows away. However, it attaches to coral, rock, snails, etc. Everything but substrate.

My nitrates are high, so I guess that may be causing it? Doing a massive (50%) water change now to hopefully help.

• 2 weeks later...

John, I've found one flaw with your snails - They are easy targets and kills for my new Mantis Shrimp.

Going to have to order more soon :)

John, I've found one feature with your snails - They are easy targets and great meals for my new Mantis Shrimp.

Going to have to order more soon :)

FTFY

Sorry, not familiar with that one.

When I looked it up, seems to be two meanings.

It means fixed that for you.

I changed your quote to more accurately reflect the situation.

Ah, gotcha.

Was assuming it was that meaning instead of the alternate.

But yes, they do make great meals for my Mantis. He has nearly cleaned out all the dwarf ceraiths lol.

Hungry little bugger.

• 3 months later...

Just got my order from reef cleaners today :) I opened it up and go HMMmm... went online to check how many cerith snails are in the package.. 18.. look again.. I think there are more like 50! Got plenty of extra's of the other snails too. The rock and cheato I got look great too :) Woohoo! Never buying a Petco snail ever again :P

I want to add that John does in fact SUCK at counting! I got my order today and got aroung 60 dwarf ceriths when I ordered 18. I also got 2 porcelain crabs, a decorator crab, mangroves, nirate snails, and planaxis snails....And some gracillera which looks awesome. He also sent what I think is olvera algae? and he had just sold out of dragons breath. I asked if he had a little frag of it and guess what?

HE SENT some Dragons Breath!!! I think it may have died, but I have it in the fuge hopeing it will grow back.

THANKS JOHN!!!

Archived