Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DrGreenz ocellaris xen garden

drgreenz

Hey guys, I just thought Ild start keeping a photo journal of my ocellaris tank. It is a 10g wal mart special lol. For lighting i have 110w of 50/50 and 4 x 3w 457nm blue led's.

I wanted this tank to be pretty simple so for filtration i have a 110gph hang on the back power filter(mainly for extra current and some particulates) and a maxi 225 in powerhead mode.

For the stock list ill try to post some pics as i list em but for now:

2 ocellaris clowns, 1 scooter blenny

hermits, snails, 2 maxi minis, many corals(ill just list em as they get pic'd) lol and working on gettin a few more.

new fts:post-65927-1335703269_thumb.jpg

here are the clowns. if i was going to have a sw fish tank i had to get my daughter nemos. il try and get a better pic of the red one, but he is actually RED!! got him out of a breed of picassos and a few of the normals were red like him.

post-65927-1329944481_thumb.jpg

Here on the right is scooter cruisin some zoas.

On the left here is my hammer coral. Its is one of the elusive "white tentacle white tip" lol at least thats what it was sold to me as back in nov as a single little head it looks more like a really light blue to me. But i like it. In the back you can see some bam bams too.

Here on the bottom is my Fiji pom pom. Its pulses super fast. I should take a vid sometime. In the back is some australian anthelia, its growing over the back corner of the glass and about a 6x4" part of the back glass too. Also i spose you can see some whammin watermelon zoas.

post-65927-1329944720_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1329944895_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1329945129_thumb.jpg

Hey guys got up this mornin and thought I'ld take a few pics of the Fiji Pom Pom. It came to me as one cutting about 2 inches in diameter, i got it to attach to this rock just in a low current area and bam he grew a 6-7 inch stalk lol. Now the head is about the size of a baseball-softball, weather you count the tentacles. She also finaly is sprouting some babies! IDK people call xenias weeds but this is by far my favorite piece, also with so much xenia and anthelia mass in the tank i believe it is begining to act as a "scrubber" in my ecosystem, with their absorbancy power.

post-65927-1330179474_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330179518_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330179560_thumb.jpg

i got it free from a guy too!!! he had a 90 or so, and his was just massive, like the size of a basketball so he just takes a siscors and goes 'here you can have this branch" and cuts off a 2inch wide chunk lol.

Hey yall, here are a couple pics of my ocellaris pair. I've had em since mid febuary of 2011, I got one from a local lfs(the female, "nemo") and the red one "enzo"(i know i know about the names but i have a 2 year old daughter lol), I figured they were both about 20 ish days when i got them and they are very well bonded, dancing, seizing, twitching. At night and in the morning alot, the male will "ride" the back of the female with his pectoral fins right between the humps in her dorsal fin. anyone have comments who have been keeping them longer than me? They havent breed yet but i got the male about 2 months after the female so im hoping they will soon...???

Nemo is the female, she is a misbar and about 50% bigger than the male. Enzo, the male is called that as in Enzo Farrarri, cause he is like farrarri red and his white seems whiter than usual. His brood had many that were like this but they came from a pair of picasso parents... idk...the brood had like 5 piccasso's and 5 of these red ones and the rest were normal, from what my buddy said.

post-65927-1330355652_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330355663_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330356045_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple zoa pics. one is bambams, and the other is green bay packers(i believe?). the packs have become two diffferent colonies, one isn't pictured here. The bam bams were just added back in december but have attached to the surrounding stuff already and popped a new row of pollyps all around the colony(5-7 more than original). The polyps on boths these morphs are about .5 inches wide across the mouth and the tentacles are about 1/4 - 1/2 inch long dependings more on current it seems.

To induce growth/prepare for future frags of my zoa colonies i bought a few lb bag of "clean chem free" empty sea shells from a local craft store and place them in the back of my tank. when a bunch of polyps get to where the sandbed is i simply pull out a shell and push it up to the colony and it grows onto the adjacent shell. The bag had mainly 2.5-3.5 inch clam shells and 3.5 inch turbo snail shells, and some astrea snails. I assume they were farmed somehow cause they were all perfectly clean(no coraline) and the exact same size but then again idk about the sea shell industry.

Also here are just some green palys, idk what type, do any of you? They range from 3/4 - 1inch across the mouth and the tentacle are like 1/2 - 3/4 inch long. the stalks range from 3/4 - 1 inch tall. They actively eat brine shrimp, mysis, blood worms, anything lol. And when they grab it they dont let go Ive watched em play tug o war with crabs.

post-65927-1330356792_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330356810_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330357384_thumb.jpg

so i once bought a $5 frag of 7 or 8 yellow polyps. and now the original colony has idk how many, it has grown up the glass on the right side of the tank and even hitched a ride on a snail lol. Check it out. I like em they add a nice bit of wavyness and color.

post-65927-1330388291_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330388302_thumb.jpg

post-65927-1330388352_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived