Pod Your Reef

Peewee1467's 25 Gallon Cube

peewee1467

Hello! So I'm going to be setting re-setting up my 25 gallon solona. I'm currently a college student so I have a tight budget. Let's see how it turns out!

ifood1.jpg

ilm360.jpg

296bwqc.jpg

Not set on the aquascape yet. You can't tell from looking at the picture, but there are a few flat pieces of rocks that I plan on mounting some SPS to.

Equipment

• 25 Gallon Solana
  • Kessil A150w 15K LED
  • EcoTech MP10

Live Stock

• ORA Ocellaris Clownfish
  • ORA Misbar Carmel Clownfish

For my clean up crew, i plan on adding 5 - 10 Halloween hermits, a few Turbo snails and Trochus snails

Back chamber where the skimmer went will be converted to a refugium. Not sure what light I'm going to use yet.

sorry for the cell phone pictures!

Looks even better with this:

zvttfc.jpg

the gooseneck is really sturdy!

here's a side view with the lights. I love the color and shimmer.

296gl6c.jpg

DIY ATO?

I really want a new ATO. the ATO that came with this tank blows. Basically two bottles you fill with RO and flip it upside down. lol holds about 20 oz of water total lol.

Dosed my tank with API's new Quick Start.

Supposedly this product consumes ammonia and nitrites instantly. It says "allows instant addition of fish" and it's all natural.

Well I bought my tank used and it looks exactly the same but might not be a Solana.

Yeah, I am using waterlevel float sensors off of ebay and I will be placing it in the return section. I will have a 1 gallon reservoir of FW in my stand. I have the same set up on my 20H but in this one I will be hanging the sensor with some acrylic I cut with my dremel and glued together. I can send you a pic later if youd like.

Well I bought my tank used and it looks exactly the same but might not be a Solana.

Yeah, I am using waterlevel float sensors off of ebay and I will be placing it in the return section. I will have a 1 gallon reservoir of FW in my stand. I have the same set up on my 20H but in this one I will be hanging the sensor with some acrylic I cut with my dremel and glued together. I can send you a pic later if youd like.

sounds cool. i think ill be manually topping off for awhile. I hate risking overflowing water everywhere. :mellow:

Got it for free so i decided to give it a try. I will test the params tomorrow. It'd be crazy if there was no ammonia or nitrite, but nitrates huh!? Overnight cycle... HAHA we shall see..

vyxgsx.jpg

REEF CREST FTW :ninja:

I have mine on manual at 90% with a knano 420 while I cycle the tank but once it gets going, reefcrest at 80% seems like the way to go!

I just got mines a couple months ago LOVE IT!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey dude, everything looks pretty good. Will definitely be following your tank. How do you like that Kessil?

the Kessil is amazing!!! better than any t5s or halides that i've used in the past.

• 6 months later...

Archived