Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Im trying to compile a list of some tank shots that are using "Full Spectrum" set of LEDs. A "Full Spectrum" LED setup is basically your base 455nm Royal Blue and your cool white mixed in with several other wavelengths.

So post your picture and let us know how many of which LEDs are being used!
For instance, 12RB, 6NW, 2DR, 2T, 2TV, 2C etc

Some abbreviation information:
BASE Colors:
RB = Royal Blue (445nm-460nm, usually around 455nm)
NW = Neutral White 4000-5000K
CW = Cool White 6000-6500K
WW = Warm White 3000-3500K
3UP = 2X Royal Blue 1x NW

Full Spectrum Addon Wavelengths
UV = <400nm Ultra Violet
TV 405nm = 405nm Peak True Violet
HV 430nm = 430nm Peak Hyper Violet
B = 465nm Blue
C = 475nm Cyan
T = 495nm Turquoise
G = 530nm Green
R = 630nm Red
DR = 660nm Deep Red
HR = 730nm Hyper Red (Far Red)
OCW = 470nm 495nm 660nm (Ocean Coral White)

Lumia 5.1 = 4500K, 450nm, 430nm, 410nm, 470nm, 495nm, 660nm

POST AWAY!

Some resources:
28wmb8k.jpg
34fobvt.jpg
i3ror9.gif
2zrjh8y.gif

protein that chlorophyll needs to function properly, peridinin.
PerCPExEm-22Jun2012.png

RBTA.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Is there actually a UV LED available?

Yup but in most cases they are expensive because they are used alot in medical field. We are talking $25 per LED for something thats 365nm well built.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Is it neccessary to add Ultra Violet & Hyper Red?

Nope, its not necessary to add anything outside the base. Its just different wavelengths do different things. Trying to get a list together to see where everyone is going with it. I dont think you will see much UV or HR because no one has shown them to do much yet.

Been in the works for months now…finally getting around to building it

8 RB (455nm)

8 V (420nm)

8 W (10k) (oh my god he is using 10K!....Yes I want to try them as I like crisp white light)

4 T (495nm)

4 DR (660nm)

On a 6.5" heatsink x2 in a gutted T5 fixture with a diamond pattern diffuser.

LED_resize_pic.jpg

Here's an HDR shot @ 5mp from my galaxy nexus

Lighting is

5 - XML T6 Cool White @ 2100mA

5 - XP-E Royal Blue 445nm @ 1000mA

5 - XP-E Blue 470nm @ 1000mA

6 - True Violet 420nm @ 600mA

4 - Turquoise 495nm @ 600mA

2 - Deep Red 660nm @ 600mA

3 - Ultra Violet 380nm @ 600mA

HDR5mp.jpg

Here's an HDR shot @ 5mp from my galaxy nexus

Lighting is

5 - XML T6 Cool White @ 2100mA

5 - XP-E Royal Blue 445nm @ 1000mA

5 - XP-E Blue 470nm @ 1000mA

6 - True Violet 420nm @ 600mA

4 - Turquoise 495nm @ 600mA

2 - Deep Red 660nm @ 600mA

3 - Ultra Violet 380nm @ 600mA

HDR5mp.jpg

Deckoz,

I like that lighting in your pic. The water itself does not appear yellow, listereen blue, red or any other color. But in the corals themselves, I see all colors present and accounted for.

Great job!

Kevin

Milad,

On my nano, I use base RB and CW. I also add magenta and 403 violet through the use of stunners.

Does this count as full spectrum that you want to see?

Thanks haha. There is a slight green hue you might see though near the middle cause I had just fed(you can see cyclopeeze in water column). But the green tint is from RedSea Reef Energy - which is amino acids and carbohydrates...turns the water a radioactive green for a few minutes until the corals suck it up ;)

I saw that. But to me, I thought that that was just stuff on the back glass.

I like that I see Red, Green, Orange, Blue, Purple, Yellow all from the corals. Nothing missing from the cool or warm spectrum.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Milad,

On my nano, I use base RB and CW. I also add magenta and 403 violet through the use of stunners.

Does this count as full spectrum that you want to see?

Yup that would be good to see, thats starting to get into the full spectrum.

403 is close to True Violets

Magenta = 660nm + 455nm

here's a couple of shots of the tank i had to do some post editing to get the right color balance, and then turn down the brightness to keep things from being washed out. in person its MUCH brighter. i am considering adding 1 more cool blue, and possibly arranging the leds into clusters depending on how easy it is to continue to rearrange them for testing.

this fixture contains;

Dimmable channels

1500mA 6 cw,6 nw

1000mA 12 rb

Non-Dimmable channel

700mA 1 cb, 7 tv, 2 660 red, 2 turquoise

ft.jpg

ft2.jpg

• Like 1
There is a slight green hue you might see though near the middle cause I had just fed(you can see cyclopeeze in water column).

Glad you clarified this because I was about 5 seconds away from pointing it out :-)

Questions: is that GSP growing in the far upper left, and is that a Euphyllia (torch / hammer ) in the far right?

If the answer is yes, why are they brown?

Glad you clarified this because I was about 5 seconds away from pointing it out :-)

Questions: is that GSP growing in the far upper left, and is that a Euphyllia (torch / hammer ) in the far right?

If the answer is yes, why are they brown?

Looks like Yellow Polyps maybe to me

The green star polyps are green yes. The frogspawn on the far right is the one in my sig. There is a green frogspawn glued in the center of a white colony. Under high light the white frogspawn has a brownish tint to it. I picked it up off a local reefer who's mother colony is the size of two basketball's and has been growing for 7 years. Full daylight on my tank is in the 5000-6500k range which is what this picture was taken at. As the different leds set it slowly fades to 8000k then 12k then 14 then 20 down to an actinic bluish purple. As we all know. Some corals look more"brown" at a natural light spectrum(3000-6000k). Where as my signature was taken around 14k in the sunset.

Frogs under close to 14k exposure -0.2

P1140056-1.jpg

Other then bamf and jfara I must be the only one meh

As posted here in the Members section previously.

Tank: 10g

lighting: 15 cree RB, 3 cree CW, I magenta stunner, 1 403 violet stunner, 1 CW stunner.

total: 72w, no dimmers

Two FTS taken two weeks apart with two differnt cameras. No editting on either.

First FTS from 01 28 12 with a video camera.

10g012812019.jpg

Second FTS, two weeks later on an iphone. I have no idea why it came out so dark and spooky.

2012-02-12_14-20-29_715.jpg

I really like the magenta. I understand that it is white light minus the green spectrum. I wish I had more of it and less RB.

I just don't want to mess with anything too much because everything is growing very fast and colored up nicely.

please keeps the pics coming! I am getting tired of my CW/RB only combo.

Need to add some different colored leds to get back the reds and the yellows

I'll play, although Im not a LED guru this is what I set up:

30 RB

9 CW

9 NW

4 Cyan

4 UV Violet

2 Red/660

Everything set to 700mA/ Dimmable

post-68001-1329440392_thumb.jpg

I should add this tank is only 6 weeks old, still tuning the lighting. It doesnt look that bright in person, I didnt edit the photo

My fixture has 3 10watt led`s . I just ordered some new led`s to replace what I have because I want something a little more blue.I ordered royal blue and 16k white. I run everything off of an Arduino and PWM my lights and cooling fan. Picture was taken with my phone so colors look way off. Really does not do it justice.

2 white 10watt

1 blue 10watt

I'll play, although Im not a LED guru this is what I set up:

30 RB

9 CW

9 NW

4 Cyan

4 UV Violet

2 Red/660

Everything set to 700mA/ Dimmable

post-68001-1329440392_thumb.jpg

I should add this tank is only 6 weeks old, still tuning the lighting. It doesnt look that bright in person, I didnt edit the photo

You need more royal blue.

You need more royal blue.

I understand the 2:1 RB ratio to white, but my strings are separated int to 3 channels. RB and white controlled by RKL and the "colors" on a pot themselves simple on off at a specific time. I have them essentially running 2:1 with the RKL by running the RB @ 7v and the white @ 3v. In person the aquarium actually looks dark with a hint of blue tint. I actually need to "fix" the red and cyan spotlighting effect Im getting. I believe Milad mentioned something about magenta taking care of this issue. I just need to find the post again :)

Edit found post:

Milad states:

The 660nm red will over power the tank if its without the Turquoise. The Turquoise turns the Red into white light to your eyes but your corals eat it up like candy.

Turquoise NOT magenta!!!!

Edit for pictures:

post-68001-1329686049_thumb.jpg

post-68001-1329686021_thumb.jpg

post-68001-1329686085_thumb.jpg

Archived