ReefCleaners.org

Fearless 2.5g petsmart pico

Fearlessmoto

seeing as i had leakage issues with my last pico attempt (1 gallon acrylic hex with fuge) i moved to an AGA 2.5 gallon pico with fuge that i copied from a few iv'e seen here on NR. this tank will also be replacing my 10.2 gallon project which also has a dripping problem (water line is too close to the top, so i have to trim the fuge divider down to lower it too bad im gone to basic in a couple weeks or i would fix the problem) here's a list of equipment

-Marineland 2.5Gallon AGA with Glass lid

-Fluval E-Series 50 watt heater (the best heaters imho)

-Maxi-Jet 404 pro 108gph

-DIY rapidled lighting (still in the works)

-5lbs LR from 10.2 gallon tank

-5lbs LS from 10.2 gallon tank

Stocking plans

- 5-7 sexy shrimp

- 1 onyx percula clownfish

- 1 Pistol shrimp

- 1 Candy stripe goby

- 2 pajama cardinals (maybe, but might be too much)

CuC

- 4 Blue leg hermits

- 2 Nassirius snails

- 3 Cerith snails

- 1 Emerald Mithrax crab

Corals

-Armor of God Paly's

-Devils armor Paly's

-Nightmare Paly's

-Eagle eye Zoo's

-Super green Paly's

-Various Ricordia's (3)

-Orange Cap monti

-Micromussa

I know this seems like a big list, but i will edit as i go and see conditions obviously this is not an all at once list. ;) ill take better pics when the dust settles .

post-71375-1328034232_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328034257_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328034282_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328034300_thumb.jpg

Thats an insane amount of stock for a 2.5 gallon tank. The fish are gonna be shoulder to shoulder or its gonna turn into the worlds smallest MMA fight. I think this is just nuts to even attempt but maybe im missing something. I just see that as plain torture to that clown. Just curious as to how you plan to pull it off.

Stocking plans

- 5-7 sexy shrimp

- 1 onyx percula clownfish

- 1 Pistol shrimp

- 1 Candy stripe goby

- 2 pajama cardinals (maybe, but might be too much)

I've found my fish don't get along unless I add a nice dither fish, like a naso tang. You should get one.

I've found my fish don't get along unless I add a nice dither fish, like a naso tang. You should get one.

If you put a Tang in a 5.5 gallon I will drive to your house and punch you in the face. Seriously. What are you thinking? How would you like to live the rest of your life in a cardboard box? Thats basically what your doing to that fish. The fishstore that sold it to you should be punched in the face too.

If you put a Tang in a 5.5 gallon I will drive to your house and punch you in the face. Seriously. What are you thinking? How would you like to live the rest of your life in a cardboard box? Thats basically what your doing to that fish. The fishstore that sold it to you should be punched in the face too.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would like to submit that he might have been kidding.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I would like to submit that he might have been kidding.

Don't be ridiculous.

The internet. Where sarcasm meets ignorance.

a 2.5 gallon? how about 4 sexy shrimp and nothing else but CUC? you should also get maxi mini nems. but thats it. a 2.5gal doesnt do much.

a 2.5 gallon? how about 4 sexy shrimp and nothing else but CUC? you should also get maxi mini nems. but thats it. a 2.5gal doesnt do much.

no one seemed to notice the part where i would edit the list as i went on , the clown has lived in a 2.5 before without incident, the rock doesnt take up as much room as you think and i only guessed at the poundage, it's probably less, and most is small pieces in the fuge, remove all fish but the clown and remove the pistol shrimp, take it down to 5 sexies, they are fairly small.

this is attemptable as i have another tank already going in case of crash, take a look at the clear pics and tell me what you think. sorry didnt dust the glass off yet.

post-71375-1328144358_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328144389_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328144419_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328144470_thumb.jpg

do you have any other tanks running to house the clown in? larger tanks i mean. a 2.5 is imo small for a single clown, even more so if other animals are involved. i think you should sell the clown(if you are not too attached yet) if you cant house her in a tank larger than 2.5gals.

do you have any other tanks running to house the clown in? larger tanks i mean. a 2.5 is imo small for a single clown, even more so if other animals are involved. i think you should sell the clown(if you are not too attached yet) if you cant house her in a tank larger than 2.5gals.

still not reading what im posting, answer yes i have a larger tank, the 10.2, im leaving it up for now, as i said before the clown was in a 2.5 before, and was fine, ate fine, moved around fine, no issues at all, and she had a CuC with her, not planning to house other fish, and yes im attached ive had this clown for 4 years now, she's kind of like a pet dog at this point, even had her eat out of my hand a few times (and she spalshes water at my wife when she walks by, always funny :P ) I would sell her, hell even give her if i trusted anyone to take care of her, understand that she is like a family member at this point and i would not do anything intentionally to hurt her, it may sound silly to you guys maybe for me to talk about a fish like this, but she is a pet like any other pet, i paid $180 for her and her (now deceased)partner in crime. i would love to find someone who could take good care of her for years and years to come, but i don't know anyone who can garuntee they can give her good care and keep her, if anyone has suggestions im all ears ill trade if anyone can show me a good healthy well cared for tank..... smaller so she has it mostly to herself, or bigger with little in it fish wise maybe with a nem.

anyway, if you guys really truly believe it's a bad idea ill skip putting her in here, just keep it for sexies and maybe one tiny fish if anyone can suggest a person who has been in the hobby for a long time and can take exceptional care of my pet here ill consider a sale or a trade, let me know.

also i want A fish in this thing, any suggestions for that as well?

Just because it has been in a 2.5 before, doesn't mean it's still right. I had a yellow tang in a 29 gallon for almost 2 months, and it was acting fine. Does that mean it was still cool and nice? Heck no, I would never do that again. It's a generally accepted idea that clowns shouldn't be in tanks less than 10 gallons or so, and saying that it will be fine won't get you anywhere.

An idea on good stocking lists for tanks of many sizes can be found here. Looking forward to seeing this tank grow and flourish, with the proper care.

ok then selling is out of the question haha. i understand what you mean because i often think of my fish in a similar way.

If you like the clown this much though, then i still don't think its a good idea to put her into a 2.5gal when the 10 gal is available. unless you absolutely have to take the 10 gal down to make room, then I'm sure she'll be happy in that 10 :)

for a 2.5 gal tank a tiny goby can work, but in that case I'd tone down the sexy shrimp to a trio and put in some maxi mini nems for them. hopefully the nems wont eat any fish.

if the 10 gal has an issue, then downgrade to a smaller tank for the clown, but don't go below 5.5gals.

after 4 years, that clown must be close to 3" or more right?

ok then selling is out of the question haha. i understand what you mean because i often think of my fish in a similar way.

If you like the clown this much though, then i still don't think its a good idea to put her into a 2.5gal when the 10 gal is available. unless you absolutely have to take the 10 gal down to make room, then I'm sure she'll be happy in that 10 :)

for a 2.5 gal tank a tiny goby can work, but in that case I'd tone down the sexy shrimp to a trio and put in some maxi mini nems for them. hopefully the nems wont eat any fish.

if the 10 gal has an issue, then downgrade to a smaller tank for the clown, but don't go below 5.5gals.

after 4 years, that clown must be close to 3" or more right?

the problem is i leave for basic in a couple weeks, this tank was to house the livestock i have (clown and CuC)

it would be easier for my wife to do water changes and care for (also a tank this small you just pick up throw a cover on and put it in the car when moving time comes, i already sent a pm to someone on the forum with an incredible tank to see if they might be interested in a trade or taking her outright, i don't want to but she deserves someone who will give her the care (and tank size)she apparently needs.

as for maxi mini's id rather go the zooanthid route or ricordias, mini maxis are pricey no matter where you get them. maybe one rock flower nem instead? and 3 sexies, but what do i do for CuC, was what i listed oK for the tank and will the emerald crab attack the sexies?

Allright, ive got the led light over this temp style, i have another two royal blues and a deep red LED for the fuge coming, there is a bit of color shadowing which i will fix by lifting it up a couple inches,I will make a topper for this thing when i have a few minutes, i also am trading my bonnie to someone i think can take good care of her for a couple zooanthid colonies with the following polyp types.

Armor of god Paly's

my clementines

pale blue zoanthids

seemed like a good deal, but i will miss my fish, however from what ive seen she will be in good hands, ill post who got her when the deal is complete.

sounds like a good plan. it will be sad to let her go. i was also sad when i sold my clown pair a few months ago. they were my first SW fish. i would have never sold them if i could take their 10 gal with me when i move, but i can't so i had to take it down.

Ok the deal is all set, thankyou to i<3nanotanks he is getting a good fish, and i trust he will give her the best of everything in his 40breeder, it looks good and she will have much more room to thrive, i can't thank him enough, now where can i get a 48hour heat pack? this is the only thing i don't have on hand here?

I would not put any fish, because most will get 2 inches long, which is too big for a tank this small IMO. +1 on the sexy shrimp trio. That and a few softies would look very nice.

Archived