Innovative Marine Aquariums

Interest in Kessil A150w group buy (UPDATED)

eeksim

Note for Admin: I didn't see any group buy rules and/or couldn't find a contact for admin. If there are rules pertaining to arranging a group buy, please let me know. Thanks!

I personally have been looking for an upgrade for my ADA 60-p, and after nights of research online, have come to the conclusion that these lights fit the bill for me. I haven't been able to find a store in the socal area that has them on display which is how this all started.

So I was speaking a long established LFS about these lights and have peaked their interest. They are considering carrying these as a stocking item. I would like to know if any forums member here would be interested in a group buy for these lights. So let's hear it!

[updated 2/4]

So I spoke with the owner and I've negotiated outlines for the GB. Out of respect for Kessil's pricing policies, the group buy price is $264.99. The incentive to participate will be a :o$45 :o credit towards purchase of livestock. Only those participating with a paid pre-order will qualify for the credit. I need a minimum of 8 orders to get this going. Please post if your are serious and ready to buy and I will add you to the list!

Pre-order list:

i have one and looking to buy a 2nd one real soon..so i wold be

Sweet, name has been added!

How do you like your current one? Been torn trying to decide between the sky blue and ocean blue.

I'm leaning towards the 15k as well, but i'm afraid it might be too much blue. Considering maybe the 10k and supplementing with an r2 for more pop.

What are you picking up for your second?

Where would the livestock credit be from?

From these guys:

post-71843-1328505897_thumb.jpg

Technically, they're not my lfs. Name of the actual store is Seaside Tropical Fish. Actually a bit out of my way. But when i did finally discover them, i've made the extra effort to get out there as their selection is definitely above par from what i've experienced. I spoke with the owner today when I stopped in to pick up some water and he informed me that he should be able to fulfill most special requests if it's something he does not stock already. He restocks twice weekly and has a long established relationship with his wholesalers (he's been in business for 22 years B) .

The credit will be applied to the card and delivered with the lights once GB is complete.

Still thinking what I want to buy with my credit...he did have a crazy pink rose in stock today..oh SNAP, should've taken some pics.

Anyone on the fence about this, buy it now! I can't wait to get my lights! Let's go!!!

I will pass on that..basically your forced to pay MORE for the light...So you get $45 in livestock then you gotta pay what $40 to ship it so that makes the kessil light come out to $305 I will pass on that

I will pass on that..basically your forced to pay MORE for the light...So you get $45 in livestock then you gotta pay what $40 to ship it so that makes the kessil light come out to $305 I will pass on that

Whoa! $45 to ship? I don't think it'll be that high? Is the box pretty heavy?

They weigh 4 lbs. and are 8x5x3 (no void fill)

Problem is most vendor ship these for free at the price that you listed, which is MAP

They weigh 4 lbs. and are 8x5x3 (no void fill)

Problem is most vendor ship these for free at the price that you listed, which is MAP

Thanks for the info, and the heads up!

Definitely going to talk to the owner, as this detail was not discussed. Seems light enough to throw in shipping.

If he is buying it correctly the margin is there to include shipping.

Well he's been flexible thus far, so i'm almost sure he would be o.k. covering shipping. Just need to confirm with him. Not open yet...darn P.S.T. :P

P.S. Love what you do StevieT! Running the intank on my AC50 and I wouldn't know where i'd be without it!

I loved the idea of running a tunze in the HOB, and I was gonna upgrade to the AC100. I underestimated, and it turned out to be way too big for my 17 gallon.

I was talking about livestock..if you get $45 in livestock your going to have to pay the expensive overnight shipping..I wasnt referring to the shipping of the Kessil.

I was talking about livestock..if you get $45 in livestock your going to have to pay the expensive overnight shipping..I wasnt referring to the shipping of the Kessil.

Ah, good point. Being local I hadn't thought of that.

Well I guess depending on what is purchased, it still could result no money out of pocket.

Any other suggestions or requests in regards to this? It is still technically a $45 credit.

Archived