inTank Media Baskets

Fearlessmoto's 10.2 All-In-One

Fearlessmoto

Finally finished the tank build now i can start a thread for it!

PICS! and youtube vid links!

Iv'e still got to finish the canopy, it's over the top of my 20L for now, i have some pieces to cut and screw together for that, and after that i can do the finish work on the stand. ill test friday and if all is good i can move my percula into here, with all the live rock, sand and algae in the refugium it should cycle fairly quick.

post-71375-1326806946_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326806971_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326807354_thumb.jpg

Got my canopy and lighting mostly done, i now have the T5HO's over the top of the tank, it looks a lot better now

:D pics

i still have to put in the refugium light and lid, and finish the stand. ill add livestock in by weeks end i hope, does

anyone have any suggestions on a good hardy LPS coral i could add?

post-71375-1326932319_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326932339_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326932362_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326932381_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326932401_thumb.jpg

this post is just for solefeld and thornchase, this is my hood, (minus the top cover and refugium light i still need to install, you will see NOTHING on the inside when finished and the plexi in the bottom protects the insides and prevents evap, i hav'nt had to top off in three days!

keep in mind there is still work to be done, install the refugium light and divider (this light will be on constantly while the T-5s are on a timer)

and also install the top cover, the screws you see will be coveres with wood putty sanded and painted over, they will never be seen again when done leaving a clean easy to access system, that is aesthetically pleasing, and will support ANY reef life. the stand is next after that.

post-71375-1326993285_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326993307_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326993327_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326993346_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326993368_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1326993387_thumb.jpg

ill be finishing more of it today so i can get the refugium light working, my ammonia is almost to nothing and nitrites have just barely started to register, never used live rock and sand before about how long will it take untill i can toss in livestock (a couple snails in the fuge and a clownfish to start, and how long untill i can add coral, i am experienced and i feel like a noob asking these questions, but as stated before i have never done it this way before.

also looking for some armor of god palys at a good price, $5 a polyp? is this a good price with USPS priority mail (2 day mail) anyone? EDIT my zip code is 12981, i have a freind who might go in with me on a nice polyp rock as well if someone can part with one for $50 shipping included.

actually any paly's or zoo's are fine if anyone wants to sell or freebee from an overstocked tank, ill be posting a want ad in the marketplace.

untitled.bmp

I wouldn't add your CuC until you have some cleaning to get done.

Don't add your fish or coral until your cycle is done:

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/?article=8

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/?article=17

(just a few articles, I don't know how much you've read on the cycle).

As far as coral, look locally. I'm sure there are reef clubs nearby, and getting small frags/starter freebies there will be much easier, especially in the winter when shipping is such a hassle.

thanks for the tip, i still have my 20 long i had planned on keeping the frags in untill my tanks cycle was through , i did'nt mention it, but i have been doing reef tanks for almost 7 years now, but i always started from a totally dead tank and let it cycle for 6 or 7 months before everything was stable, that is why i opted for live rock and sand this time, i came to understand it would speed things up considerably.

i read through the articles here on nano reef, but it did'nt really go into length of time it might take, just a quick mention and that was it (unless i did'nt read close enough)

thanks for the tips asting, keep following im almost done my canopy, just a couple pieces to finish up!

The length of time depends a lot on the live rock you have, and other factors. When your ammonia and nitrites read zero and you have some nitrates then your tank has cycled. Do a water change and bring on light livestock.

took down the 20long, everything is in the 10.2 now and it looks good , ammonia is at .25 or less and trates and trites are almost undetectable (added live rock from the 20 to keep it down, take a look at the new aquascaping!

post-71375-1327684275_thumb.jpg

actually its not so much a jet like flow as it is turbulance, it seems to be perfect for the tank, though i keep getting this dripping brcause i made the top of the tank too close to the water line, i may have to take this down and make adjustments, or just move into my pico project, just lit up the LED light i DIY'd for the pico and HOLY SURFACE OF THE SUN BATMAN! the three led's i think are almost as bright as the whole T5 setup and the light is much crisper, i think im going to sell my T5 setup and get some LED's instead, if i can lose the hood it would solve my dripping problem, i held the LED setup about 3 feet over the 10.2 and it looked damn good,

Im kind of upset though, my CYAN LED from rapidled burned up not 5 minutes after first lighting, but the Cree leds are operating perfectly, already sent a message to their customer support hopefully i can exchange it, maybe another royal blue.

and bonnie says thanks ;-P

thanks to rapidLED i got my cyan working fine, they have great customer support, (usually i have a screw loose, but in this case i had a mounting screw too tight. :P )

also i went through and did an epic cleaning on the tank as well as a 50% water change, all seems to be well

also this will be the last time you will see my bonnie in the tank, i have found a home for her and am trading her for a couple rare zooanthid colonies to grow out in my 10.2 and 2.5 pico.

more info on that to come, so here is the last pic of bonnie from me as well as the freshly cleaned tank.

post-71375-1328304127_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328304196_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328304220_thumb.jpg

post-71375-1328304268_thumb.jpg

Archived