Join in and hear me rant... :lol:

CURRENT FTS: 2/4/12

IMG_4259.jpg

FTS: 1/5/12

IMG_4200.jpg

TANK:

-ADA 60-F

EQUIPMENT:

-Ehiem Ecco 2232 (Running Chemi-Elite/LR Rubble/Floss)

-Koralia Nano

-2x BoostLED Par30's (3RB, 1CW, 1NW)

INVERTS & MISC:

-4 pounds of LR

-Dwarf Ceriths

-Nassarius

-Florida Ceriths

-Nerites

FISH:

-Ocellaris Clown x2

-Longspine Cardinal

-Green Banded Goby

CAMERA:

-Canon EOS Rebel XTi

IMG_4193.jpg

Love the new bulbs!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad and I actually welded it together. It's old scrap metal from a lawn table and a couple of light switch housing units. The unit with the actual switch is behind the bulbs and the other holds the two bulbs together. All the wiring runs through the fixture, i'll post pics tomo. :)

I woke up to find my nerites huddled in my dresser this morning :) but I'm uploading the pics of the fixture, be back later!

Another tank shot...

IMG_4201.jpg

I am really impressed with the eheim; but I need to buy lily pipes!

IMG_4197.jpg

The fixture....

IMG_4195.jpg

THE SCAPE.

IMG_4192.jpg

Really sweet lookin tank. Just one question... whats with the beer bottle? Im not hatin on it or anything I have just never seen anyone do that before.

Really sweet lookin tank. Just one question... whats with the beer bottle? Im not hatin on it or anything I have just never seen anyone do that before.

I was going for a pirate-esque kind of look, but the only concern I'll have is that it'll trapping alot of excess wastes. I really want to buy a blenny too, so hopefully it'll dig it.

well its different and thats what I like about it. I would be worried about it catching addition waste as well. It would be cool if there was a way to put a couple holes in the bottle to allow some flow.

well its different and thats what I like about it. I would be worried about it catching addition waste as well. It would be cool if there was a way to put a couple holes in the bottle to allow some flow.

I may just put a small piece of rock underneath the brim to lift it so the sand is exposed,

Thanks man, yours is coming together well too!

well thanks man. im pretty happy with it. gonna take it all down when i get the new build ready for all the coral and such.

what all are you running in the canister you have?

I'm running a coarse filter pad, fine filter pad, carbon filter pad and some small pieces of LR. After the carbon pad I am thinking of using Chemi-pure elite instead. I'll also be replacing the fine filter pad with poly-filter! Are you keeping Boost bulbs?

Can you provide details on that fixture, if you don't mind of course. It looks nice. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find something nicer looking then my clamp on desk lamps for my Par38 bulbs.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the details posted above. Very nice!

The fixture is really simple, the can of spray paint I used really made it nice. I'll see if I can make a google sketch up of everything.

pics go go go!!!

Your tank is really awesome, but i think you should replace that beer bottle with something a little nicer. Dunno what.. but ima be honest.. that beer bottle aint doing nothing for that ADA.

I was going to get some prolifera to grow around it but maybe, i'll give it some time and if I don't like it I'll lose it. Pics in the morning! Another lfs trip tomorrow as well ;).

Archived