Cultivated Reef

Leicalux's Nano Reef

leicalux

FTS: 2/11/12 - changed the scape a bit to allow more room for clowns and shrimp to roam

IMG_0258_1.jpg

Quarantine tank

IMG_0195_7.jpg

Looking through different tank choices, I like ADA's clarity and clean lines, so I decided to go with a 60-F

test14.jpg

Got some very nice dry rocks from reefcleaner to create my rockscape

test17.jpg

test12.jpg

test13.jpg

test11.jpg

This is what it looks like today

test16.jpg

Display Tank Equipment

• ADA 60-F
  • ADA Gardent Mat
  • DoAqua Lily Pipes Eheim Inflow/Outflow
  • Eheim Ecco Pro 2232
  • AI Nano Super Blue or Kessil A150W Skyblue 10k (haven't decided) AI Nano Super Blue
  • DIY Electric Conduit Light Trees
  • Ecotech Vortec MP10
  • Hydor Eth 200 Inline Heater
  • Reefcleaner Dry Rocks
  • CaribaSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand
  • Ikea Expedit 2x2 stand

Quarantine Tank Equipment

• 10 Gallon Glass Tank
  • HOB Filter with Filter Pad and Chemi-pure Elite
  • Eheim Jager 100w Heater
  • FishNeedIt T5HO 24" 4 Bulbs Light Fixture with 2 ATI Blue+, 1 ATI Aquablue and 1 ATI Purple Bulbs
  • Koralia Nano 425 pump
  • Cured Rocks Form DT
  • Dish Drying Rack

Livestock

• 7 Cerith Snails
  • 1 Nassarius Snail
  • 2 True Percula Clownfishes (Orange and Shiver)
  • 1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Rope)

Looking good, I have the kessil ocean blue. You must like a very natural or white looking tank if you are thinking about the sky blue. Good luck!

Looking good, I have the kessil ocean blue. You must like a very natural or white looking tank if you are thinking about the sky blue. Good luck!

Thanks Phatty. Kessil ocean blue is a bit too blue for me, so opted for the sky blue. I like the look of Kessil's pendant style but AI's controllability is great. I know I can't go wrong with either one but it's so hard to decide :lol:

this is gonna be soooo sick

Thanks, I sure hope so :D

It is looking nice and clear today. Water parameter, Ammonia .25ppm, Nitrite .10ppm, Nitrate 3ppm, a bit hard to tell with API's test kit. Only dry rocks and live sand in there right now, wondering if I should add a couple pounds of live rocks.

IMG_0172.jpg

i would.

My main worry is the pest that's why I got dry rocks only but I will go to LFS today and take a look and see.

I love how ADA's don't look like there's any glass, just a floating box of water. B)

I'll be tagging along.

Exactly why I got the tank, crystal clarity :D

Yep, plan to do that but since there isn't much in the tank now, didn't bother to fill it up.

I like how your tank look, nice. BTW, what did you use to hang your light? Trying to find something that will work with AI Nano..

The DIY LED kit I used came with its own hanging kit. I simply drilled a hole on each side of the PVC and hung it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Water parameters still look the same, no spike of anything yet, although I think I am starting to get a little bit of brown algae. Went to true value hardware store today and got a gallon of blue ribbon clear ammonia to see if it can speed up the cycle a bit. I have also decided on using AI Nano due to controllability. This waiting time for tank to cycle is really not fun :(

IMG_0186.jpg

Yep rbaby, love yours and teamschreiba's tanks, just have to get one as well..

Wow, thank you :). Looking forward to seeing progress on the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank has finally cycled. Got a CUC from a friend, 8 dwarf cerith, 1 nerite, and 1 nassarius. The nerite keeps climbing out of the tank so it will go back to the friend tomorrow. Plan to get a couple blue legged hermits and may be a couple bumble bees or another 1 nassarius.

Going to setup a QT then get a pair of clowns from LFS. So excited.... :happy:

Archived