Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LEDGroupBuy.com feedback

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

• 4 weeks later...
Please comment on your experience

Just wanted to leave some positive feedback here...

Tried to order from Milad today and got some hiccups with the site - for whatever reason it wouldn't let me check out. I sent an e-mail, expecting to have to wait at least a day or two to get it fixed.

Instead, I got an e-mail within an hour, and after a suggestion or two to fix it didn't work, he just set up the order for me on his end and got it all taken care of tonight - after normal business hours. Now I just have to wait for the LEDs to show up!

I am kicking myself that I didn't see the 5% off special until today (three days after it expired), but that's not his fault. :)

I've placed three orders so far with Milad. The first was for my LEDs. Then I ordered my drivers, which Milad let me know to wait a couple of days if I could as they would be on sale. I did, and saved around $10 ea for a $40 savings! He could have just let me place my order and taken the extra $40. I just received my heatsink.....very pleased. Everything has been very well packaged. All emails I sent to Milad were answered fast, at just about any time of day or night. I have just about all I need ( except time ) to start the build, can't wait to get this thing lit!! B)

Thanks Milad

My order went well and when he forgot to ship a few optics, i sent him a message that day and he sent the optics without delay or question the next day. Great experience and i will do business with Milad again!

• 4 weeks later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Im glad to hear the packing is done well. I like to believe we have some of the best packers around. Sometimes we may miss an optic here or there but we always make sure everyone is taken care of.

• 1 month later...

Milad acted in the most professional manner even while putting up with my panic and misinformation. I would like to get on the list of upcomiong group purchases, as LEDGroupBuy will be my first choice for business after this. Thanks Everyone and especially MILAD. If for whatever reason you would need areference or I can help in some way, please do not hesitate cntact me.

Sincerely,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just a quick thanks to Milad and Ledgroupbuy. I have got my Dim 4 and DIY LEDs up and running along with my Apex Jr. So while wanting to do the finishing touches like moonlight and an extra fan I had some tech questions that Milad answered quickly and through some correspondence all my questions were answered and my next order was placed with Ledgroupbuy. I strongly recommend to anyone that is considering a DIY LED setup and has any questions to get in touch with Milad

Thanks Again.

• 1 month later...

ordered a bunch of leds from ledgroupbuy a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. milad answered all my questions and i got my lights in about 4 days, including some freebies B)

thanks again milad

• 1 month later...

Not so happy with LEDGroupBuy

I ordered a MakersLED from LEDGROUPBUY cost more than if I bought it from LEDSupply (they were $149 vs $177) but LEDGROUPBUY offered Express from USPS which I have found very quick and reliable before and as I needed it quickly for a project I paid the extra price for the unit ($28) along with the $25 odd extra for the Express Shipping, overall just over $50 premium to get it quickly..

Sadly LEDGROUPBUY charged me for the express shipping but sent it regular priority international which is generally slow for large packages, tends to vanish into customs for long periods and is not trackable once it leaves America... :(

• 3 weeks later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Not so happy with LEDGroupBuy

I ordered a MakersLED from LEDGROUPBUY cost more than if I bought it from LEDSupply (they were $149 vs $177) but LEDGROUPBUY offered Express from USPS which I have found very quick and reliable before and as I needed it quickly for a project I paid the extra price for the unit ($28) along with the $25 odd extra for the Express Shipping, overall just over $50 premium to get it quickly..

Sadly LEDGROUPBUY charged me for the express shipping but sent it regular priority international which is generally slow for large packages, tends to vanish into customs for long periods and is not trackable once it leaves America... :(

Hi Joele, sorry for the mix up on your order. We did however refund you the difference because of the mix up.

• 4 weeks later...

Placed an order with LEDGroupBuy.com, was not home for delivery so decided to go pick it up at UPS. The box was beat up real bad, torn open and retaped. Upon opening and inspection at UPS, it was discovered that 2 items were missing (probably fell out of the riped open section). I had them make note of the damage and they told me to contact LEDGroupBuy.com. I sent an e-mail off to Milad (which was very quickly replied to). After e-mailing some pictures of the box, he immediately sent out replacements for the missing items. OUTSTANDING customer service as far as I am concerned. Thanks again Milad!

uglybuckling
Placed an order with LEDGroupBuy.com, was not home for delivery so decided to go pick it up at UPS. The box was beat up real bad, torn open and retaped. Upon opening and inspection at UPS, it was discovered that 2 items were missing (probably fell out of the riped open section). I had them make note of the damage and they told me to contact LEDGroupBuy.com. I sent an e-mail off to Milad (which was very quickly replied to). After e-mailing some pictures of the box, he immediately sent out replacements for the missing items. OUTSTANDING customer service as far as I am concerned. Thanks again Milad!

^^this is awesome^^

I have a Dim4. I love it. Not much in the way of experiences (good or bad) to comment on--I paid, items shipped, items got here in a timely but not amazingly fast way, just what I would expect of a professional. I had no problems with my order, but I'm confident that if I had, Milad would have made it right.

In terms of product quality? Excellent. The Dim4 is a pretty sweet little device.

• 5 months later...

I'm a bit behind on posting feedback so i'll keep it short. My recent DIY MakersLED 6" build (see my tank thread) would not have been possible without Milad @ LED Group Buys help! He was quick to answer all my questions and offer input on my build. I got the parts quick and Milad was even helpful when it came to a DOA Inventronics driver which he promptly replaced with lightning quick speed. Thanks again, I'll be back!

I apologize for not adding feedback in here sooner, but I have ordered from Milad a few times now, and each time, he answers all of my annoying questions prior to order, and steers me in the right direction if I am about to make some mistake in my build. Items always arrive quickly and in great shape, and when I am shopping for LED related items, I just go straight to his site and do not bother looking anywhere else really.

I'm surprised there isn't more feedback here! Well, okay maybe I'm partially to blame for waiting so long.

Anyways, I've ordered from LEDGroupuy a few times and each time the results have been exactly what I expected - which is a good thing.

Products:

I've liked LGB's products. I spend a good amount of time researching various brands and bins of LEDs and LGB's stuff is always at or near the top of my list for the most desireable and suitable products. Finding things is easy because you don't have to sift through a bunch of other stuff to find what you want. In other words if you're looking to light a reef then it's super easy to find what you need since they don't carry products that are not related to reef lighting. This reduces the shopping time considerably compared to sites where you have to spend more time searching through online catalogs and multiple part numbers to get what you want. Then again even if you're doing something other than lighting a reef LEDgroupbuy takes care of things. I ordered LEDs for my under-cabinet lighting there and they worked awesome.

Prices:

The prices are good and cheaper than most sites, competitive with many sites. LGB has regular promotions it seems with free shipping on orders of a certain size and an occasional coupon code. It also helps that you can get everything you need to build a light here thus you save on shipping.

Shipping:

Every time I've ordered shipping has met or exceeded expectations. They're in St. Louis so shipping to the mid-west is very quick, but even to the coast probably isn't too bad. Items have always been well packaged and as a result I haven't had any issues with products DOA or damaged.

Notes:

One thing that impresses me is that they tend to be on the cutting edge of things LED related. Reef LED lighting has been around for a few years now. And LEDGroupbuy is doing a great job of making it even more possible for people to make great LED lights. Milad was one of the front runners in the full-spectrum movement, he was also right there with the DIM4 controller pretty early on. Do I even need to mention t-slot heatsinks? Lately they have offered some very effective options for driving LEDs with the Meanwell LDD drivers. These have been around for a short time and they're expensive elsewhere, also good luck finding them with wires attached - most seem to be PCB mount.

Finally, Milad is a contributing sponsor on N-R.com. He's even involved in threads other than just his own or on his sub-forum. He comments on most "LED suggestion" threads that i've seen and he's pretty good about "walking the walk" by offering data on his products and trying to give honest answers to backup his claims instead of offering up a bunch of "fluff".

Anyways I hope that sums up my experiences with LGB enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. I cannot be more happier. It was my first ever DIY light. And I didn't even know what LEDs are. I contacted Milad. We started from scratch. I started reading on the Internet about LEDs. I used to ask him Millions of questions and he answered every one of them without getting frustrated.

And then finally I ordered everything and started making my Unit. Got stuck at many points but Milad helped me at every point.

And so my unit got ready and my journal got featured in instructables.com-

A Complete Idiots Guide to Make LED Light Unit

It's the best website for DIY LED stuff. I love it. and now they are adding more and more stuff on their website. It's just too good.

• 3 weeks later...
SantaMonica

Have ordered several times larger quantities to build algae scrubbers... is very good.

Archived