inTank Media Baskets

Bruinbball's 6g JBJ Nano Cube

bruinbball

Here's my first attempt at a saltwater tank. I'm learning new things about the hobby on a daily basis thanks to reading all of the posts. Some of my coral were even obtained from a few great members on here.

Tank: 6 gallon JBJ Nano Cube with upgraded LED lights and stock pumps

Corals: (listed in the order they were added to the tank)

GSP

Plating Hydnophora - Green Tongue Coral

Finger Leather

Pulsing Xenia (melting away)

Purple Mushroom

Orange Mushroom

Orange Zoas (Watermelon zoas?)

Radioactive Green Zoas

Daisy polyps (eaten by something)

Blastos

Galaxea

Pink Zoas (Horizon morphs)

Blue Zoas

Zoas with green center and yellow fringe

Toadstool leather

Hammer coral

Halymenia macroalgae

Macroalgae:

Pencil cap (dead)

Flame algae (byrothamnion triquetrum)

Inverts:

3 sexy shrimp, CUC (a ton of dwarf ceriths, florida ceriths, nassarius, nerites)

Scarlet hermit

Fish:

Ocellaris Clown

A few pics from my camera phone.

Here is my tank in late Sept or early Oct when it was cycling.

post-69798-1324529877_thumb.jpg

Original rock scape when I added my first corals in November

post-69798-1324530144_thumb.jpg

I'll add the most recent pic of my tank soon. (includes an Ocellaris Clown and more coral)

• 1 month later...

Here's the tank in late December with the addition of the Ocellaris Clown (and a torch coral that got stung by another coral and died). I need to buy a chisel and do a little rockscaping to improve the appearance. Right now, it just looks like three boulders in the tank.

post-69798-1327804001_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Did you tone down the flow at all in your tank?

No, but I put in the splitter to divert the flow to different areas. That decreased the flow per outlet but the overall flow should be the same.

• 4 weeks later...

The rics look good! Are they opening up more for you today? I think it took 3-4 days before mine usually really start to expand. Your tank is making great progress!

bruinbball
The rics look good! Are they opening up more for you today? I think it took 3-4 days before mine usually really start to expand. Your tank is making great progress!

They're starting to open up more each day. The left two are opening faster, but the rainbow still looks healthy too. Thanks again!

I think the rainbow was smaller overall. I cut them off larger rics so they have a lot of growing ahead of them. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my new purple gorg courtesy of henningero. first pic is fresh out of the shipping box and the second is with the polyps extended

post-69798-1353562379_thumb.jpg

post-69798-1353562401_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Had a minor setback in the last few days, due to a mini-cycle and my hammer coral getting stung, but hopefully everything will return back to normal soon.

Archived