Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Project Picotope!

gearhead364

2012-08-27_20-14-56_541.jpg

Current FTS 8/27/12

2012-08-27_20-15-29_811.jpg

Current TDS 8/27/12

Hey everyone just thought id let you all in on my project picotope. its been wet for a week now and have just finished adding all the mods i want to do for the exception of a light which is on its way. but anyways here are some pics :D

So i wanted a black backround but i didnt want to paint it so i went and got some limo tint from a buddy at car adio shop and used it to tint the back of my tank.

I then proceeded to tint every side of my ac 70 so when i put in a submersible fuge light in it wont show through into my tank ;)

post-71145-1324120569_thumb.jpg

Ive got 3lbs sand and 3lbs live rock arranged into my aqua scape. what do you guys think? any improvments or tips just let me know thanks!

post-71145-1324120626_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Up Date!!! Finally got the New/used light over it very happy with it, lightly modded the AC 70 in to a fuge that is now growing chaeto. and there is now LIFE in the tank. Added a little more rock and i have made multiple wonderful new additions to the tank both fish and corals. the frags came from my BC 29 and all have seemed to like this new lil tank!! inhabitant list and pics to follow!! :D

Fish: Blue neon goby

Inverts: 3 bumble bee snails, porcelain crab, purple tube anemone (couldnt resist :) ) and multiple little star fish.

Coral Frags: some mushrooms, umbrella toadstool leather, and neon green hammer coral

• 3 months later...
gearhead364

Hello everyone! haven't updated in a while, have been busy and have had some ups and downs with live stock but the corals are growing very well so I thought id post an up date since I'm getting close to my 4 month mark.

anyways current livestock list is as follows!

Fish: none... neon goby got ich and the antenna goby I got to replace him decided the carpet looked nicer..:angry:

Inverts: Pistol shrimp, pom pom crab, Halloween hermit, 3 bumble bee snails, and a nassarius snail

Coral: Pom pom xenia, umbrella leather, toadstool leather, neon green hammer, neon green monti, duncans, GSP, two different kinds of Acans, and mushrooms.

and onto pics!

post-71145-1333080324_thumb.jpg

Lots of growth in 3 months

:)

post-71145-1333080667_thumb.jpg

FTS

post-71145-1333080747_thumb.jpg

newly added GSP and not so new duncan

Plans to switch to a par bulb soon!

Tips and suggestions always welcome! :)

• 2 weeks later...
gearhead364

Just got a LEDTRiC TruePop from Mike, and the corals are acclimating as I type this, But just as a first impression Wow..Way better color from my 50/50 pcs I was using, IMO its got the perfect combo of blues and white which give it a really nice white/blue color, Greens in my corals pop and the reds are more vibrant. This is my first LED light and along with the great customer service and fast shipping from Mike at LEDTRiC Im very happy with my purchase. :D

Pics soon!

gearhead364

Well I decided that the bulb was too close to the tank so I clamped a nice piece of wood I had laying around to my stand and then clamped the Reef lamp clamp to it. This gave me the distance between the tank and bulb I wanted and also spread the light footprint out. It might not look the best but it will work until I move and find a new way of hanging it. But still the light out put of this LEDTRiC bulb is Great! its super bright and Im still fighting with getting a good picture of it. This pic is from my phone which does take really good pics but it still has a problem with the brightness of the LED's I changed the white blance to match the lighting of the room and the picture just shows how bright these bulbs are but in real life the tank is crystal clear...will hopefully snag my parents camera to take better pics :D

post-71145-1333957593_thumb.jpg

Stay tuned more to come! :)

gearhead364

Okay time for before and after pics for the new light! :o

Before....Current 50/50 PC

2012-04-11_16-22-19_633.jpg

After... LEDTRiC TruPop

2012-04-11_17-08-10_714.jpg

close up 50/50

2012-04-11_16-22-14_521.jpg

Close up TruPop

2012-04-11_16-25-42_32.jpg

Pics arent the best but under the LEDs the corals really pop and seam to open up more. And the intensity of light is no comparison. IMO way worth the upgrade! B)

gearhead364

MORE LED pics! omgomgomg

GSP and duncans

2012-04-11_16-14-47_861.jpg

Acans (my fav :wub: )

2012-04-11_16-14-07_922.jpg

Neon Green hammer and Monti Cap

2012-04-11_16-14-25_178.jpg

Top Down

2012-04-11_16-19-34_92.jpg

Let me know what you think! :)

amazing!!

shucks... :blush:

gearhead364

Went to the LFS today and they finaly got in what I ordered!!!! :happydance: I would now like to introduce you to the new tank show piece....

Bubbles

2012-04-11_15-32-19_847.jpg

omgomgomg

2012-04-11_15-46-54_497.jpg

as soon as I put him in the tank he went and found an astrea starfish and started munching lol I had been stocking this tank with astreas from my biocube since jan in preperation for a Harlequin :lockdown:

gearhead364
Awesome tank! How to you like your TruePop? Do you feel it brings out a lot of color in your corals?

Thanks! I love my TruePop compared to my 50/50 I look at my tank now and it makes my bio cube look really dull. and IMO the corals like it better they seem to really open up under the LED's and the colors look more vivid. I picked up an orange ric from my lfs and they were using LEDs but on a really wide tank and I dont think it was getting enough light because it looked yellow and the second day I had it, it was bright orange and lookin beautiful! I think LEDTRiC's bulbs are great and cant wait to get a clam under it so stay tuned... :D

Thanks! I love my TruePop compared to my 50/50 I look at my tank now and it makes my bio cube look really dull. and IMO the corals like it better they seem to really open up under the LED's and the colors look more vivid. I picked up an orange ric from my lfs and they were using LEDs but on a really wide tank and I dont think it was getting enough light because it looked yellow and the second day I had it, it was bright orange and lookin beautiful! I think LEDTRiC's bulbs are great and cant wait to get a clam under it so stay tuned... :D

awesome, thanks! :D

Jacob042426
Went to the LFS today and they finaly got in what I ordered!!!! :happydance: I would now like to introduce you to the new tank show piece....

Bubbles

2012-04-11_15-32-19_847.jpg

omgomgomg

2012-04-11_15-46-54_497.jpg

as soon as I put him in the tank he went and found an astrea starfish and started munching lol I had been stocking this tank with astreas from my biocube since jan in preperation for a Harlequin :lockdown:

:(

I am going to get a harly if I can't find my bongo. It molted, them disappeared. :(

I'm getting a true pop soon too!!

gearhead364
:(

I am going to get a harly if I can't find my bongo. It molted, them disappeared. :(

I'm getting a true pop soon too!!

How long ago did it molt? after a shrimp molts it hides for a few days to let its shell harden up, so it might still be in there. Sweet! Youll like it best upgrade for my tank by far! :D

Archived