King Midas Zoas

Pink Mojito Palys

Nuclear Green Palys

Unkown Orange Zoas

Dragonfly Zoas

Blue Star Polyps

Candy Cane Coral

Duncans

Hey guys, this is my very first saltwater tank and I am excited to start. I bought a 24 gallon compact fluorescent nano cube about 3 weeks ago and set it up this week. Making a progression thread so I can show you guys what it looks like as time goes on. Gonna be a Zoa/mushroom dominated tank

FTS taken: 11/30/2011

IMG_0087.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got some new updates on my tank. Here are some pictures because pictures are always good.

FTS 12/16/2011

Don't mind the sponge filter, just trying to seed it with bacteria for my QT.

IMG_0188.jpg

Left Side

IMG_0189.jpg

Right side

IMG_0190.jpg

I also got my first hermit crabs.

Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab that I named Zebro

IMG_0185.jpg

Electric Orange Hermit Crab that I named HanselIMG_0183.jpg

Thanks for looking again. Going to update my original post tomorrow. Just too tired right now.

Nice set up! Like that light. I also just set up my first reef. And also just got an electric orange crab, but did not know what it was. So thanks for the ID!

Update on Equipment I am using

Lighting:

I am using a Ecoxotic Panorama Pro 12kwhite/445nm blue. I am using a DIY fixture to hold it up.

25 pounds of live rock

17 pounds of live sand

Hydor Koralia nano 425

inTank media basket

First Chamber: 1st Section(Filter Floss and Purigen)/2nd Section(Chaeto with submersible light)/3rd

Section(Chemipure Elite)

Second Chamber: Oceanic Biocube Protein Skimmer

Third Chamber: 100w Eheim heater and MaxiJet1200

I forgot to mention I went hoodless and I derimmed the tank. I bought 2 bumble bee snails and an emerald crab 2 days ago. I'll post some more pictures after Christmas. I also ordered a clean up crew from John Maloney (reefcleaners) to help with my diatoms.

• 1 month later...

I used my iphone 3gs for these pictures. Quality is horrible but I do what I can lol.

Bumble Bee Snail I picked up. I bought 2.

Pictoores161.jpg

The 3 stooges.

Pictoores174.jpg

My only fish. Green Mandarin

Pictoores151-1.jpg

Womp

• 2 weeks later...
looking good.. man I wish I could get my hands on an African bright midas blenny

Edit: Just noticed your in SoCal so where'd you pick him up at ? LOL

Thanks man. Vivid aquariums in canoga park. They have them all the time, but you gotta check in to see of they have a full on yellow one. I went on Tuesday and they had nicer ones than the one I have, they had a much brighter yellow color.

Just a quick update, I bought a huge pack of ricordeas and zoas. I'll post pictures up in a little bit. Also my female clown, midas, and sailfin started showing signs of ich on Saturday. I started doing two a day feedings with garlic and since Monday, it's all gone!! #winning

• 4 weeks later...

Big update!!!!!!

I redid the aquascape because I think my last scape had too much rock in it so I took some rocks out. I also placed my fluval edge heater in the display because I use it as my thermometer. I took out all my fish because of the ich in my tank. I added another panorama pro and some more corals.

• 4 weeks later...
TeflonTomDosh
Big update!!!!!!

I redid the aquascape because I think my last scape had too much rock in it so I took some rocks out. I also placed my fluval edge heater in the display because I use it as my thermometer. I took out all my fish because of the ich in my tank. I added another panorama pro and some more corals.

What did you use to make that fixture? I have the same lights and want to do something similar, did you make a thread for it? let me know! or make another one and i'll buy it from you :P:D

Thanks!!

What did you use to make that fixture? I have the same lights and want to do something similar, did you make a thread for it? let me know! or make another one and i'll buy it from you :P:D

Thanks!!

I used a plant hanger to hang it. I made it out of a 12 inch picture frame and used some wires from Lowe's to hang it. It's really easy to do & i'm not really a DIY person.

Update on a couple of new corals:

Duncans

c5ea6032.jpg

Candy Coral I was lucky enough to have 2 feather dusters attached to the frag ^.^

26a78a44.jpg

Since i'm currently quarantining fish, I have so many pods. I noticed the pods attacking my zoas so I put them in a breeder net and they're doing fine now. My DIY frag rack lol.

2f5166cb.jpg

Archived