-Monti

-Chalice

-Acropora

post-70571-1323822844_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

I've had my 29g Biocube for close to a year now and finally decided to join the nano-reef community.

Here is a list of the mods I have done so far:

Filter:

Matrix

Purigen

Chemi-Pure

Custom Built Media Rack (egg crate)

Cheato

JBJ Nano Glo Refugium Light

Flow/Circulation:

Loc-line Y Splitter

Hydor Flo Rotating Deflector

Maxi-Jet 1200 Return Pump

Koralia Evo 550

Lighting:

Stock (1 actinic, 1 50/50 bulb)

Panorama Pro 445 Royal Blue/Magenta

Livestock:

1 Skunk Clown

Coral:

Zoas

Bubble Coral

Hammer Coral

Pulsing Xenia

Where's the pics????!!!

Recently I did some new aquascaping and moved the Koralia to a different spot. My bubble coral was acting funny and wouldn't fully open, so I figured it wasn't digging the spot it was in. I moved it towards the middle to get some more light and a different flow.

Like the little zoa clusters and now their placed. Nice coralline also.

Thanks! The aquascape has changed a little and I'm debating on if I should keep them where they are or move them towards the left side of my tank so I can see them from my couch...

surgicalsense
Thanks! The aquascape has changed a little and I'm debating on if I should keep them where they are or move them towards the left side of my tank so I can see them from my couch...

Maybe keep one cluster in it's original place and then move one to the left. Balance it out and/or can view from your couch. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Tank Update:

Recently I did some new aquascaping to find a new place for my Bubble Coral. As I look at pictures of other bubble corals I was sad of how pitiful mine was looking. I tried to limit the flow reaching it to see if it would open up but it just didn't look the same as the day I bought it. For a while there it looked like some of the flesh was receding so I moved it to a new place in the tank. I'll wait and see how it goes and hopefully it makes a full recovery...

Very nice scape....!

Thanks! I think I'm finally satisfied with how the tank looks now. I may need to move the Hammer Coral because it is growing fairly quick...

Red Sea Reefer

I'm jealous of your aquascape. I trying to set my tank up. Tried to scape on 5 different nights and can't come up with anything that looks good with good water flow. I think my rocks are too large. I'm just about to take the 20 lbs back to the LFS and buy a premade piece of cerameco that will fit nicely in my BC 29. Im going to scope out one more LFS before I do that.

Did you epoxy any pieces together? After I scape mine it always seems unstable like it will come crashing down on the glass.

I'm jealous of your aquascape. I trying to set my tank up. Tried to scape on 5 different nights and can't come up with anything that looks good with good water flow. I think my rocks are too large. I'm just about to take the 20 lbs back to the LFS and buy a premade piece of cerameco that will fit nicely in my BC 29. Im going to scope out one more LFS before I do that.

Did you epoxy any pieces together? After I scape mine it always seems unstable like it will come crashing down on the glass.

The piece at the top is wedged in there and I still haven't epoxied it in place. It fell once and broke a branch off of my hammer coral :angry: . The two pieces creating the arches in the back are large pieces I had from my other tank years ago. I think now I have one piece on the left epoxied in place at the moment. Everything else is stable or on the sand.

I started playing with the placement of the koralia and think I found a good place where it is not a hurricane in the tank but also eliminates some dead spots. I eliminated the elbow on the return and the flow through the filter really picked up! Let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

New Years Buy/Update!

This week I finally jumped into SPS! I picked up a nice piece of Birdsnest, Monti Cap, and some Chalice. My new Panorama Pro came in and I switched out my remaining PC 50/50 Bulb with a 10,000K. The lighting is exactly how I want it as far as color but I still would like to purchase a 12,000K Panorama Pro and a dimmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived