3. koralia

4. cpr protein skimmer

5. Fluval tank 8 gallons.

4/3/2012

014.JPG

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cool shrimp i would be careful with him in that tank he can break the glass lol and how do u like the fluval spce i seen one at my lfs i fell in love with it but there asking 65 dollars for it is it worth the money

yeah its small tank but he was headed for the toilet. I got him from someone who had squirted vinegar, fizzy water into his hole and finally had to crack the rock. I honestly didn't think he would survive... I might give him to an aquarium store but I worry about his future, lol.

As for the spec, I would say no! Its nice if you dont want to have to plan out something better. I kind of regret not getting everything individually. Its too much money when the only thing usable is the tank. The stock light is an led but its really yellow. I dont know, I like it now but I could have gone with something else,probably saved money and would have been just as happy/happier.

True I started a 3/4 gallon and wish i would of got some thing better but we will see how things go lol I am think spec with a compact 50/50 i think it does 14k I am using on my lil tank and things are going well i kina like the Iq5 by dymax it's nice for the money

don't bring ur shrimp to a lfs post on live stock section on here another person pest is another person pet ;) lol tank looks good cant wait to see the mushrooms start to grow

yeah its small tank but he was headed for the toilet. I got him from someone who had squirted vinegar, fizzy water into his hole and finally had to crack the rock. I honestly didn't think he would survive... I might give him to an aquarium store but I worry about his future, lol.

As for the spec, I would say no! Its nice if you dont want to have to plan out something better. I kind of regret not getting everything individually. Its too much money when the only thing usable is the tank. The stock light is an led but its really yellow. I dont know, I like it now but I could have gone with something else,probably saved money and would have been just as happy/happier.

I feel the same way about my Spec, wish i would have saved my money and bought something else hehe.

I feel the same way about my Spec, wish i would have saved my money and bought something else hehe.

Im glad I am not the only one! I like it so much better after the lighting and heat issues have been resolved though. Its not all bad :)

Builder Anthony

NIce i bet you didnt get riped off like me on the giany palys i had to pay 30 bucks a head im still ticked over that.I like the two blue mushrooms you have too and i think its very nice of you to set up a tank for unwanted things.I have something myself and i find it just as intresting to wacth.I even got like a 6 inch fireworm that is just getting bigger.

NIce i bet you didnt get riped off like me on the giany palys i had to pay 30 bucks a head im still ticked over that.I like the two blue mushrooms you have too and i think its very nice of you to set up a tank for unwanted things.I have something myself and i find it just as intresting to wacth.I even got like a 6 inch fireworm that is just getting bigger.

I just looked at your tank and its beautiful! all the cool animals in there are just so awesome. Thats terrible that you got ripped off, so aggravating.Im actually not sure if they are giant palys. I split the rock they came on but I got about 12 polyps for $10 dollars. I just go into stores and ask what can I get for 10$ or under and its been working out good for me.

One LFS near me has a 'bargain' tank. $12 I think ... some damaged corals (where I got my damaged open brain), but sometimes just little hunks of rock with zoas etc. I also scour the other LFSs for bargains - spotted my duncans (4 heads) for $10 ... in fact almost all of my corals have been under $15 - think the hammer was $25.

Had to bump this awesome mushroom tank. I'm looking forward to seeing it mature :)

Thank you! I cant wait till it matures. I added a new mushroom, a green rhodactis (I think).

How do you like your archaea light? Is it the 17cm one? Is it much brighter than the stock light?

I like it I kind of wish I would have just went with the 30par boostled lamp but since I only plan on mushrooms I talked myself into spending less money. It is definitly brighter than the stock lamp and it has 3 blue leds. I dont know how much brighter it is but when I look directly at the archaea lamp it hurts my eyes and when I look directly at the stock lamp it doesnt :)

October 27, 2011

025.JPG

021.JPG

019.JPG

016.JPG

014.JPG

new green rhodactis same color as algae!

008.JPG

crazy hydroids on snail

003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived