Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Pics 5/8. AI SOL Rimless Build (PIC HEAVY)

ajgouty

Tank: Advanced acrylics 24x24x12 AIO made out of 1/2" cell cast acrylic

Light : Aqua Illumination sol super blue with controller

Flow: vortech mp10 es wireless

Filtration: stevieT intank media basket

Skimmer: Tunze 9002 with stevieT collection cup

Return pump: hydor pico 300gph

Hanging kit and stand are both DIY

Just set up a couple days ago, here are some crappy iphone pics.

post-61355-1318451590_thumb.jpg

post-61355-1318451603_thumb.jpg

post-61355-1318451619_thumb.jpg

looks good!

Did you make that light mount

Yep, i used 1/2" conduit pipe, conduit bender, black end cap, and white spray paint. If i was going to do it again i would use 3/4" conduit.

Thank you for the kind words, it is has been a journey.

Yep, i used 1/2" conduit pipe, conduit bender, black end cap, and white spray paint. If i was going to do it again i would use 3/4" conduit.

Thank you for the kind words, it is has been a journey.

good to know

Ill be making a lamp tree for my AI's when get back from my research job in 2 weeks!

quick question about your light. Im interested in the same but have a 36"long tank. Would one light be enough spread or would your suggest two based on how your light looks. Thanks

quick question about your light. Im interested in the same but have a 36"long tank. Would one light be enough spread or would your suggest two based on how your light looks. Thanks

I guess it depends on budget and what younplan on keeping. My light is about 7 inches above water and easily covers the 24" width. I think it would be possible to do one on a 36" tank ESP if you have good coral placement. How deep is your tank?

tank is 30 breeder and only 12" deep. PLan to keep mostly SPS. Only issue I see is my scape is designed as two islands with sand in between directly in middle if tank. I would really need about 30" of coverage

tank is 30 breeder and only 12" deep. PLan to keep mostly SPS. Only issue I see is my scape is designed as two islands with sand in between directly in middle if tank. I would really need about 30" of coverage

im rocking 2 over a 20 long which is 30" with the 2 island approach and the SPS are lovin it

I know 2 will do it but im trying to get away with just one if i could. $300-$400 isnt terrible $600-$800 is a bit much but do know it will pay for itself overtime.

I know 2 will do it but im trying to get away with just one if i could. $300-$400 isnt terrible $600-$800 is a bit much but do know it will pay for itself overtime.

true, I mean you could always wait for the phoenix to come out, those might be a bit more powerful, but I doubt you'll have the spread you're looking for,

you could make one big island for sps directly under the unit and and a smaller island not directly under and run some lps ...

How high is AI above the water, it looks like around 10" from the pics

I have not measured but it is roughly around 7" the tank is 12" for size reference.

• 1 month later...

poinsettias...there is a couple different morphs going around. this is the original from areefcreation.com

Thank you for the kind words.

Droolin' over your zoas.. :o

lol i have many more to come. i spent all afternoon trying to figure out the best settings on the camera. how do you like your two island aquascape? I am thinking of switch mine to that. I started out with a bonsia theme but it needs a lot more work and i really dont wanna throw in some dead rock.

nice tank... your AI looks a little close.. I have the same light... Have you considered moving it a little higher? great looking tank

It is 8 inches from top of tank. So about 9 inches from water. Why would I move it? I have placed precisely there bc if it goes higher the light will start to spill over the sides. Leading to a less efficient light.

Archived