Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Current Blastomussa Collection

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun

Here are the blastos I currently have. They are all now in my 20L AIO tank.

My first blasto. A merletti from Petco.

IMG_0880.jpg

My 2nd. Red/green wellsi

IMG_0436.jpg

Now for the rest.

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

blasto1.jpg

My Favorite blasto so far. Sadly something has happened to it and it has been retracted for the past 2 weeks. Kinda pissed, hope it comes back. Have it under an overhang in an attempt to help.

IMG_0768-1.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! Some of my most favorite corals are Blasto's. Much more hardy than people think actually. Feed them and they will grow faster, though the are REALLY slow growers. I used Salifert Pellets to feed mine and they were pretty happy with it. Lots of fatty acids in Salifert. Makes the LPS happy.

Amazing Petco Blastos! lol

Cant believe I said that..... but theyr awesome

LOL!

you should see the Amazing Petco Ick and Velvet they have instock where i live

Very nice Blastos and great shots

Thanks for sharing

ParanoidObseshun

Haha yes Petco does have a spectacular selection of ich, fin rot, pop eye, and pale dead fish. But sometimes mine does get corals in. I went in one day and saw these in the tank, hard to see the color because they were under plain old yellow lighting. These sat in the tank for like a month, and made their way to the back of the tank hidden behind the rock. I saw them there and they were mostly receeded and took a shot on them. Man was that a good decision! lol

Thanks for all the comments on my collection guys! I am hoping to add more relatively soon!

Very nice blastos :) They're quickly becoming my favorite species of coral (I tend to favor what does well in my tank, haha. And my tank seems to have perfect params for blastos). Mine as from Petco as well! I think the quality of livestock in places like Petco can depend a lot on how dedicated and knowledgeable the employees there are. My Petco has a dedicated, open-top frag/ colony tank just for corals. I don't think I've ever seen a Petco with a tank like it before.

Anyway, you make me want to post some shots of my blastos! I just checked and I don't have any recent shots uploaded. Will have to take some tomorrow. I find them to be excellent eaters, as well.

ParanoidObseshun

Thanks JulieR! How many blastos you have? Any pics yet?

Quick Update: I will be posting some pictures in the next few days. An order is coming in tomorrow with more blastos, and I picked up another frag of one in the last few days.

Will take some pictures when they settle in, and I can find a place for them lol

ParanoidObseshun

Here are the 2 frags I picked up from my lfs the other day.

A small wellsi. Its a baby, about the size of a zoanthid right now.

IMG_0041.jpg

The pic of the other wellsi.

IMG_0046.jpg

Builder Anthony

I have one thats a hicth hiker and im really amazed at how fast its growing.What is your time estimate of heads splitting.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are a few pictures of what I got in today. Only have pictures of some of them. Will post up the others as they open up.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0079-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the blastos in the center, took a shot with other stuff around so u could get the idea of the color

IMG_0082-1.jpg

anthony- each one is different as far as growing new heads. my merlettis are fast while my wellsi are slower. but some wellsi shoot out multiple heads quick as other ones nearby stay the same for a while.

closer- i have mine all on the sandbed roughly. I have merlettis that grew off the rock they were on and are now spreading down a plastic plug. so it is possible

ParanoidObseshun

The last 2 from the other shipment. The last one is still settling in slowly.

IMG_0089-2.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

and a better shot of the blues.

IMG_0100-1.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Some places that ive been to charge between 5-20 per head. But when you get to the nicer color morphs you can pay almost triple that or more.

Archived