Pod Your Reef

New Scape, New Location & New filtration Room

PRReef

After getting tired/frustrated of breaking my back under the tank to clean my d@mn 10g sump in my DIY micro stand I decided to go BIG and get some d@mn space for all this cr@p. So far Im happy with how the things are going, cant wait to finish the filtration room and hide all the messy cables. I love the new scape, specially since they dont look like a blob of rock anymore.

NEXT THING WOULD BE GET RID OF THE MICRO FRAGS AND GET SOMETHING BIGGER AND NICER.

QUICK VIDEO

video of my tank

post-58815-1316402551_thumb.jpg

post-58815-1316402577_thumb.jpg

post-58815-1316402591_thumb.jpg

post-58815-1316402619_thumb.jpg

Filtration Room (Work in Progress)

- 40G Breeder for Sump

post-58815-1316402629_thumb.jpg

Nice!

Did you put that in a closet under your staircase? That's what it looks like. Looks really nice though.

yup thats right, its a little room(more like a closet) we have under the stair to go downstairs to the basement. Its a good spot to hide from my wife while I clean and frag things out too LOL

I like this area since I have a drain 2 feets away so my Apex can throw all the old water when Auto h20 change occurs :) plus all the space I have now its amazing. I dont think I will ever run a system anymore using my stand to hide all the equipment.

I like your scape. It's funny bc I recently re-scaped too, and it looks a little similar to your first set-up lol

Nice!

hahahahahaha I like my old scape too but this one make me happier hehehehe a little bit more open space and little caves. It looks stunning in person, I will try to make a better video or pictures to get the mushrooms I have under the big cave, they are so happy now in that big cave I put them :)

dude the scape looks awesome! What did you use to join the rocks?

I used FAITH hahahahaha J/K. The rocks are like the BRS rocks, they attach to each other thighly after a little while playing with. I didnt use any kind of epoxy or anything.

thank you

NEXT THING WOULD BE GET RID OF THE MICRO FRAGS AND GET SOMETHING BIGGER AND NICER.

Nah. Next thing would be letting them grow into nice colonies. That's what reefing is all about and not buying a ready set.

Nah. Next thing would be letting them grow into nice colonies. That's what reefing is all about and not buying a ready set.

well I prefer to have a frag tank for that :P

Nice scape PR. I wish I had your faith for stacking an arch like that. I can't tell you how many tubes of epoxy I went through just to stack. Looks good.

hahahahaha they are attached together really really thight but the truth is they are big pieces of rock so is not easy to move them, I guess the weight and the shape is helping them to stay togeter.

Archived