inTank Media Baskets

Thads Picotope

thadscottmoore

thadscottmoore

A friend on another forum gave me a new project. thread on this tank back in its glory days (mrs nanoty pico ), I took the old tank home, covered in dried algae and old tank crud. I started by filling it up with vinegar and allowing it to soak overnight. The following day- I gave it a good scrub to remove its elements of former life - a major chore! The former owner had also painted the back glass black. Armed with a razor, I got busy and removed all the black paint. Masked off the tank and applied a fresh coat of fusion blue to rear of tank. In my spare time, I got busy online and found the components that I wanted to utilize on this project! I already was the proud owner of the StevieT AC70 media basket which I had never even gotten wet (waiting on such a project as this to come around)! Thanks to the amazing talent of Glazer! My project started! filled 9/16/2011 (couple hours ago) and currently waiting for it to clear!

3Gallon Picotope

5 pounds of live sand

5.3 pounds of cured live rock

LED by Glazer (glazers LED build)

Picotope Tank Lid by Glazer (Glazers lid builds)

Pico Protein Skimmer by Glazer!

Pico skimmer box by Glazer too!

InTank AC70 Basket (InTank AC70 Media basket)

RKE controller with SL2/ 2 PC4 Bars

25w Visitherm stealth heater

Coolworks Ice Probe

ATO via RKE

Auto Water Change via RKE

0916111009.jpg

0916111011.jpg

0916111013.jpg

0916111016.jpg

0916111017.jpg

0916111159.jpg

0916111200.jpg

0916111159a.jpg

0916112013.jpg

thadscottmoore

yes, I am pretty impressed by it! think I might go with some high end zoanthids

That light will support anything you will ever want.

Glazer is quite the guy.

rock is added and the tank is clearing up!

0917111906.jpg

thadscottmoore

ok, I pulled the trigger on a reefkeeper lite special with marinedepot to use on this pico!:

1 x ReefKeeper Lite head unit

1 x PC4 (four outlet power strip)

1 x SL1 (pH, ORP, temp, and 2 x switch inputs)

1 x iTemp temperature probe

1 x (FREE) DA pH probe

1 x SID (USB system interface device)

6 x Mounting screws

plus some extra stuff from our classifieds section:

1 x PC4

1 x Remote Display Unit

1 x SL2 Module

What the...? No automated glass wiper!?!?

I second the insane part... :D Very nice Thad, looking forward to pics as it all progresses and starts filling in.

Steve

thadscottmoore

I tried to find that module! think its on back order! :D

What the...? No automated glass wiper!?!?

I second the insane part... :D Very nice Thad, looking forward to pics as it all progresses and starts filling in.

Steve

This thread has opened up woders in my head, and wallet! im ordering one of the ac70 baskets! but how on earth can i get one of those surface skimming pieces? are they for sale perhaps? or was it a one time custom thing?

Either way, NICE TANK MANG!

thadscottmoore
Looks awesome. Love the rock scape.

Thanks! the good and the bad about a pico! good= dont have to buy so much rock to do a scape. bad= not a whole lot of room to play with! But, I did enjoy searching for just the right rocks to use! the lfs thinks that I am crazy too! I suppose that is a good thing for them!!! :D

That little tank is epic, nice job Glazer!

Indeed! Glazer is a master craftsman of acrylic!!! The quality of his work is superior!

This thread has opened up woders in my head, and wallet! im ordering one of the ac70 baskets! but how on earth can i get one of those surface skimming pieces? are they for sale perhaps? or was it a one time custom thing?

Either way, NICE TANK MANG!

again, Glazer is the man! give him a shout, I am sure he can create anything you want! I do believe that my tank is the first to integrate the lid and the skimmer together- making the lid the bracket to hold the skimmer in place (again, this is another great idea from Glazer)! The man is pure genius! ;) .

thadscottmoore

ahhh, the joys of cycling!

0925112048a.jpg

0925112048.jpg

Tank started 9/17/2011

1st Test 9/20/2011

PH 8.0-8.2

Ammonia 0.5

Nitrite 0.0

Nitrate 0.0

2nd Test 9/22/2011

PH 8.0-8.2

Ammonia 0.5

Nitrite 0.0

Nitrate 0.5

3rd Test 9/24/2011

PH 8.0-8.2

Ammonia 0.25

Nitrite 0.50

Nitrate 0.0

4th Test 9/25/2011

PH 8.0-8.2

Ammonia 0.25

Nitrite 0.25

Nitrate 0.0

thadscottmoore
bring on the snails and crabs!....LOL

Steve

threw a sally lightfoot into the tank from the red sea and a couple nassarius snails into the little tank this evening. temporary occupants...

Looking forward to seeing this tank progress. I love the equipment you started with here, Ive got a Reef keeper Elite still in the box with the 2 PC4's and an sl2 with the probes, i think im saving it for my new project though, you should get the Net module and if you use iphone install my reef app, its free and its a great way to keep an eye on your system even while your away from home!

s

thadscottmoore

I just ordered the Elite from Digital Aquatics. I have two PC4s and the SL2 and I am going to get another SL2 and another PC4 and I definitely want to get the net module! That way, I can run the Pico off one PC4 and SL2, and I will run the RSM with two PC4s and an SL2.

Looking forward to seeing this tank progress. I love the equipment you started with here, Ive got a Reef keeper Elite still in the box with the 2 PC4's and an sl2 with the probes, i think im saving it for my new project though, you should get the Net module and if you use iphone install my reef app, its free and its a great way to keep an eye on your system even while your away from home!

s

Archived