Innovative Marine Aquariums

Criley's 20H Mixed Reef

Criley7

I started this tank about 4 months ago, and all is going really good so far....knock on wood. I started the day after i got home from my Honeymoon in the Caymans. Snorkeling the reef everyday really made me never wanna forget. So I started a little piece of reef at home. I still have a lot more til I'm complete but this is the start. This is my first thread for my tank and I'm hoping everyone will leave me some good feedback and give me their opinion. Thanks!

b8Jip.jpg

lsIl7.jpg

HYiw1.jpg

WW9if.jpg

epMwk.jpg

LBrK5.jpg

fPuCe.jpg

OPfN7.jpg

jvdCf.jpg

sCgLY.jpg

FlPFp.jpg

yIE22.jpg

jUBCi.jpg

4kgKP.jpg

XOuuD.jpg

sYwR1.jpg

Hope everyone likes my tank.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lighting: Coral Life 4 bulb T5 HO. 10,000k and Actinic

Filtration: AC50 with filter floss and chemi-pure elite

Skimmer: AquaC Remora HOB

I have 2 ocean streams with wave maker for flow.

25lbs of LR and 20lbs of LS

Looks like a nice tank. I like whatever your third picture is (I suck when it comes to LPS identification) and the way it looks under the actinics.

What's your maintenance schedule like with this tank?

Don't knock the iPhone, upload your pictures through the picup app instead of attaching them and they turn out a lot better, all mine are taking with my iPhone. They aren't stellar, but it does better than a lot of point and shoots out there.

Thanks for the advice with the iphone app Joel. My maintenance on the tank is fairly low so far. I top off daily, and do weekly water changes of 25%. I don't dose anything right now because everything in the tank looks so healthy and are multiplying pretty quickly all by themselves. I feed all the inhabitants every 2-3 days with your basic frozen foods and also Nutramar OVA.

The tank looks really nice! your rock work looks very similar to mine, except it slopes from the other side. Im very interested in keeping a mandarin but I'm waiting for another year or so.

you say you feed your inhabitants every 2-3 days? no fuge, no pod cultures? that is not enough food for a mandarin. should be getting 2-3 feedings DAILY.

you say you feed your inhabitants every 2-3 days? no fuge, no pod cultures? that is not enough food for a mandarin. should be getting 2-3 feedings DAILY.

As I mentioned in the previous post I seed my tank with Copepods bi-weekly. There are thousands in the tank at All time. He is plump and gets enough food for sure. Between the live pods and my frozen feedings.

IDK if you want the extra work or not OP but they are pretty easy to train in my experience. It would save you from having to buy expensive pods constantly.

Yea I was thinking of starting to culture them myself anyway. But he is already trained and was raised by ORA on a full frozen diet for a year before I bought him.

As I mentioned in the previous post I seed my tank with Copepods bi-weekly. There are thousands in the tank at All time. He is plump and gets enough food for sure. Between the live pods and my frozen feedings.

in that case have fun with your mandy. but dosn't that get expensive? don't you wanna try to culture them or get a fuge or something?

Thanks!

in that case have fun with your mandy. but dosn't that get expensive? don't you wanna try to culture them or get a fuge or something?

Yea gonna set something up to start culturing soon.

Archived